• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Eagles contacted Bills about trade for Spiller before landing Sproles

They were denied:

Would be a mistake to trade away one of their most dynamic offensive weapons, but it is good that he is someone other teams hold in regard.
  • GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Re: Eagles contacted Bills about trade for Spiller before landing Sproles

Running backs can be had anywhere and anytime. if the price is right trade him. RB is so overrated now it's hilarious...

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Interesting. Glad to see that the Bills said "no".

Spiller didn't have his best year in 2013. He is sure to rebound.

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers is the only other player in NFL history with at least 3,000 rushing yards, 1,000 receiving yards, 1,150 kick-return yards and 300 punt-return yards in his first four seasons.
        I didn't know this. That's pretty good company for Spiller to be keeping.

I think Spiller would be scary in a Chip Kelly offense. I'm glad the Bills aren't interested in trading Spiller, now hopefully they can find better ways to maximize his skills.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

They had to try. It's nothing personal. I wouldn't have made a deal even if it's their first round pick this year.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
            I didn't know this. That's pretty good company for Spiller to be keeping.

I think Spiller would be scary in a Chip Kelly offense. I'm glad the Bills aren't interested in trading Spiller, now hopefully they can find better ways to maximize his skills.
            Of course, Gale Sayers had 20+ touchdowns as a rookie . . .

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              They had to try. It's nothing personal. I wouldn't have made a deal even if it's their first round pick this year.
              I would

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                They were denied:

Would be a mistake to trade away one of their most dynamic offensive weapons, but it is good that he is someone other teams hold in regard.
                Depends on the offer, no?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                  He would not have if he had Chan Gailey as his HC.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

For Shady and their first....

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                      Unfortunately, I think Sayers' high stepping style also contributed to the injuries that shortened his career.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        Unfortunately, I think Sayers' high stepping style also contributed to the injuries that shortened his career.
                        Do doubt. Plenty of mega talents like him though that did not have an opportunity to realize their full potential in the NFL due to injury or illness. Who would not have loved to watch a healthy Gale Sayers, Ernie Davis, Bo Jackson, etc.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

this seems consistent with the whaley approach. If there is an offer, hear it out, make a decision and move forward.

if gretsky can get traded, everyone needs to be evaluated on what the market has to offer. that being said, the bills run OL still isnt good enough to plug and play. as a result, i think you have to a premier back to get defenses worry about you. until the bills commit to a bigger stronger line, we need some of the best RB talent you can get.

if in 2 years, they have asolid line, i'd be just getting younger at the position and seeing what 3rd round RB can get it done. right now, i don't think that's a good approach. specifically with a young qb who needs to know that a running back can take over the game if he can't.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Sayers did it in 11 less games, also...50 to 61.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I thought we were going to get rid of Spiller for CJ from The Titans?

Were those just rumors?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X