PDA

View Full Version : What about O'Dell Beckham WR LSU

gonzo1105
04-14-2014, 03:19 PM
I know that we just traded for Mike Williams and we also have Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin and Stevie Johnson. I think its pretty safe to say that T.J. Graham wont be around after this training camp.

I bring you the hypothetical question. Lets just say that Watkins, Evans, Matthews, and Robinson are off the board. I know the consensus has been if those 4 are gone we need to either take OT Taylor Lewan or TE Eric Ebron. Frankly, and this is just my opinion, Lewan is highly overrated and Ebron doesn't deserve to be drafted at 9.

I know that Beckham is 5'11 and is another speedy undersized guy but this guy strikes me as special. If you watch him he has major quicks, fantastic hands, and should be pro ready because he played in Cam Cameron's offense at LSU.

I think that Stevie Johnson's days are numbered in Buffalo and Beckham can easily play outside or in the slot much like Robert Woods can. I just think if the pick comes down to Ebron vs. Beckham its not really a comparison to me. I know people will say that Ebron fills more of a positional need but I don't believe that Ebron is the better player.

What say you? Could you at least live with Beckham being the pick at # 9. I sure can.

Mr. Miyagi
04-14-2014, 03:26 PM
First of all I'm not sure if it's that safe to say TJ Graham will be cut.

If we're going to draft a WR, I'm not opposed to Bechham.

X-Era
04-14-2014, 04:04 PM
I have no issue with him. I'd like to see us move down if he's the target.

The OL is in need of prospects for sure. And we need to land at least an OT and G. But, we will hopefully get to a point where prospects have to earn their jobs. I hope we end up at that place at WR. I like what he could do to the return game as well.

This team could do a lot worse than to end up with Stevie, Mike Williams, Robert Woods, Goodwin, and either Beckham or Graham.

Pinkerton Security
04-14-2014, 04:14 PM
At #9 I'd be pretty pissed about getting this man...there are better options than this guy at #9, even if the people you've said are gone are indeed already drafted...OL, LB, S are all areas of need where there are players available at that spot.

X-Era
04-14-2014, 04:31 PM
At #9 I'd be pretty pissed about getting this man...there are better options than this guy at #9, even if the people you've said are gone are indeed already drafted...OL, LB, S are all areas of need where there are players available at that spot.Being available and being the BPA are two different things...

I want to exploit the draft to get prospects to fill our needs but also when they are the BPA at the pick. If that's Beckham I'm fine with it.

swiper
04-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I like Beckham Jr. after seeing a piece done on him on NFLN. He's more likely to go to the Jets further down. Whoever gets him will get a good player.