• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Trump is serious in buying the Bills... Not sure how I feel about this

My issue is that the guy is a blowhard with a short temper. Do we really want an owner with a short temper? Having a meddling owner may not be good for any NFL team. This guy seems to much like Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder to me.

Sure, he may insist on splash moves that would get the fickle fans excited and drive up revenue but it takes quality decisions by a quality football operation to be a sustained winner.

He's a close friend of Jim Kelly and that helps. It also seems like his interest is keeping the team right here and I could certainly see him investing in the Buffalo area as far as building, etc... ala Pegula. I just worry about what type of owner he might be.
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-14-2014, 04:26 PM.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Trump is serious in buying the Bills... Not sure how I feel about this

I agree with your negatives - however, the guy has an ego - hes going to want his team to be successful, and that would hopefully mean money being spent on the team. Cuban is somewhat annoying (sometimes VERY annoying), but since he's been owner of the Mavs, they've fielded a much better team. He spends money on them and wants them to succeed.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
      I agree with your negatives - however, the guy has an ego - hes going to want his team to be successful, and that would hopefully mean money being spent on the team. Cuban is somewhat annoying (sometimes VERY annoying), but since he's been owner of the Mavs, they've fielded a much better team. He spends money on them and wants them to succeed.
      Jones and Snyder have ego's and money too... But no SB's recently.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        Not saying this is a guarantee, it would obviously come down to putting the right guys on our team. However I highly doubt anyone would be complaining about him being cheap, and the mere fact that he WANTS to keep the team in western NY is enough to overlook his definite blowhard status.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
          • Aug 2012

i want the bills to stay in buffalo. an ownership group with trump as a backer would be best. plus trump would bring the bills much needed publicity in a small market.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

But, at least they try.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

For every clown like Trump there have to be 10 ro 20 rich guys who have the good sense to stay out of the media spotlight. Guys with just as much money and desire to run the Bills and keep them in Buffalo. Trump is nothing more than the circus sideshow.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Trump would be an embarrassment to our franchise and turn it into a worse circus than the Jets.

Comment

• chris66
                  • Sep 2006

Never happen. No way the other owners vote for him to get the bills. He would have to cut his ties with Vegas and Atlantic city

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

I really can't see the other owners approving him. He sued the league. It's one thing to sue the league when you're Al Davis and you're already an owner, but for the owners to approve a guy who sued them? I just don't see it.

I don't believe Trump has the juice to get this done, even if he claims to be serious.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

If you listen to Trump, he teases everyone about these types of things for attention (like running for President).

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

...As serious as he has been about running for president, governor, or other political offices every time an election comes up...?

Trump is usually "serious" about only one thing: Trying to keep himself in the headlines and making it seem as if he's relevant.

Besides, as others have pointed out, no way the owners approve him. His connections to the gambling world are also huge marks against him.

-Bill

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

I would welcome anyone that tries to win. As much as I don't like Jerry Jones, I admire his drive to think big and win. I'm tired of the woe is me lets have a game in Toronto attitude because we're small market and sooo pooooor.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                            I would welcome anyone that tries to win. As much as I don't like Jerry Jones, I admire his drive to think big and win. I'm tired of the woe is me lets have a game in Toronto attitude because we're small market and sooo pooooor.

This. Jerry also built a billion dollar stadium just because he could.

Trump Stadium at the Falls would be a sight to behold. Guaranteed.
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ckg927
                              Not quite Best in the World....
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                              Trump would be an embarrassment to our franchise and turn it into a worse circus than the Jets.
                              Speaking of which, why doesn't he buy the Jets?
                              John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                              David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

Working...
                              X