PDA

View Full Version : Kaufman to TE?

Tatonka
04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
I just happened to notice this today, but I think its an interesting move. I liked him a lot as an UDFA last year and was pulling for him. he has excellent hands but I don't think he was fast enough for WR, even with his massive frame. apparently he has put on 30 lbs since last season and will try TE starting next week at OTAs. It also says he has been out in California with EJ and half a dozen other players running routes during the offseason. If he doesn't stick at TE, then he will likely be gone. Guess we will see how it goes.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/04/17/kaufman-ready-for-tight-end-jms-recap-417/

DesertFox24
04-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Good decision for him could be a nice option out of the slot

- - - Updated - - -

He did have good hands

The King
04-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Moeki, Chandler, Smith, Gragg, Caussin and Kaufman… He has a very small chance of making this team.

justasportsfan
04-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Moeki, Chandler, Smith, Gragg, Caussin and Kaufman… He has a very small chance of making this team.

The only proven one on that list is Chandler and Moeaki (when not injured) . We know Kaufman can catch but if he turns out to be an able blocker, there might be a spot for him since he can also play ST.

Should be be a very interesting workout for him next week because if he does well, the chances of us drafting Ebron will be less likely.

EDS
04-18-2014, 02:02 PM
The only proven one on that list is Chandler and Moeaki (when not injured) . We know Kaufman can catch but if he turns out to be an able blocker, there might be a spot for him since he can also play ST.

Should be be a very interesting workout for him next week because if he does well, the chances of us drafting Ebron will be less likely.

Makes sense that an undrafted free agent from the practice squad who is switching positions is likely to have an impact on what the team does in the first round of the draft.

justasportsfan
04-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Makes sense that an undrafted free agent from the practice squad who is switching positions is likely to have an impact on what the team does in the first round of the draft.
Kaufman is the next Jimmy Graham :tongue:

DraftBoy
04-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Not that this is a sure sign of anything but looking less and less like it will be Ebron at 9.

stuckincincy
04-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Not that this is a sure sign of anything but looking less and less like it will be Ebron at 9.

Dunno...same crowd that invoked a quick snap scheme with a rookie qb?

DraftBoy
04-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Dunno...same crowd that invoked a quick snap scheme with a rookie qb?

Coaching and Personnel are not the same department.

cookie G
04-18-2014, 04:57 PM
That's fine...I hope the transition works for him. A long shot, but it'll be a bonus.

This is the more important part of the article.

Moeaki spent time during the offseason with around a half-dozen Bills players in California. Quarterback EJ Manuel led the workouts with preplanned routes and plays.

I just hope they are doing a lot of that.

YardRat
04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Good luck to him, hope the transition (experiment?) works out well for he and the team.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Interesting I like it

Novacane
04-19-2014, 09:54 AM

He has as good a chance as any name on that list besides Chandler

The last buffalo fan
04-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Smith and Caussin are in my opinión a waste of space there. I dont know much about Gragg.

Famous Amos
04-20-2014, 06:59 AM
To hell with Lee Smith. He's useless aside ffrom his blocking. I liked Kaufman as a udfa due to his ability to out jump DBs on the sidelines. I'm not that big of a fan of Scott Chandler because he hasn't bee much of an asset in the red zone. If you're a primary receiving tigjht end, you need to make an impact in the red zone. Here's hoping Kauffman or Gragg can out perform Chandler in traimnimg camp. However, !ore bodies means less reps for the guys on the back end of the roster.

Yasgur's Farm
04-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm not that big of a fan of Scott Chandler because he hasn't bee much of an asset in the red zone. If you're a primary receiving tigjht end, you need to make an impact in the red zone.You're kidding right? As a starter, Chandler has averaged nearly 5 TD's/season. He's not a Gronkowski... But you can't claim he's not "much of an asset in the red zone" either.

Famous Amos
04-20-2014, 03:47 PM
You're kidding right? As a starter, Chandler has averaged nearly 5 TD's/season. He's not a Gronkowski... But you can't claim he's not "much of an asset in the red zone" either.
You're more than welcome to be content with 5 TDs a year from our Tight End. I want more consistency and better production out of our lumbering, uni-directional TE. Yep, I am claiming he is not an asset in the redzone.

Raptor
04-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Doesn't matter where you put him he isn't making this team

DraftBoy
04-20-2014, 07:33 PM

As a 3rd TE? He could push Gragg and there isn't much other competition currently on the roster for a receiving TE who can split out.

Yasgur's Farm
04-21-2014, 08:00 PM
You're more than welcome to be content with 5 TDs a year from our Tight End. I want more consistency and better production out of our lumbering, uni-directional TE. Yep, I am claiming he is not an asset in the redzone.Let's just say that your expectations are a bit too hgh for the use of the words "not an asset in the red zone".

Thief
04-22-2014, 08:18 AM
If dude can block he may shock people. :drunks:

The last buffalo fan
04-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Is easier to learn how to block than catch or get open.

Raptor
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM

annnnnd He's out

Homegrown
05-16-2014, 05:25 PM
annnnnd He's out

did you just quote yourself....

swiper
05-16-2014, 05:55 PM
He did. The Bills just cut Kaufman.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/452263162/bdtwitter_normal.gifBills Daily @billsdaily (https://twitter.com/billsdaily)

The Bills have released WR Brandon Kaufman

DraftBoy
05-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Bills roster now at 89.

better days
05-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Good luck to him as long as he doesn't sign with another AFC East team.

I am surprised the Bills didn't give him a chance to compete at TE in training camp.

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Gaining 30 lbs of muscle in one off season is very suspicious. I have a feeling there's more to this.

DraftBoy
05-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Gaining 30 lbs of muscle in one off season is very suspicious. I have a feeling there's more to this.

Normally I'd agree, but he was with the Bills all of last season as a PS guy so he had the proper staff to put the weight on the right way. Not saying he for sure did, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Normally I'd agree, but he was with the Bills all of last season as a PS guy so he had the proper staff to put the weight on the right way. Not saying he for sure did, but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know if it's even possible to put on 30 lbs of muscle "the right way" in that period of time. The way I understood it, he put it on since the end of last season.