X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figster
    • Oct 2010

Eric Ebron

With our Billszone 9th pick coming up next I just wanted to talk about a guy I think has a for the game of football.

Eric Ebron can take the top off a defense and open up the underneath routes for the other receivers , he can play inline TE or be flexed out wide in the slot, or line up as a WR.

Ebron is a game changer, an athletic TE, with WR skills, he is a mismatch on linebackers and safeties.

EJ Manuel to Eric Ebron just sounds right...
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Eric Ebron

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post
    With our Billszone 9th pick coming up next I just wanted to talk about a guy I think has a for the game of football.

Eric Ebron can take the top off a defense and open up the underneath routes for the other receivers , he can play inline TE or be flexed out wide in the slot, or line up as a WR.

Ebron is a game changer, an athletic TE, with WR skills, he is a mismatch on linebackers and safeties.

EJ Manuel to Eric Ebron just sounds right...
    Except when he drops balls he should have EASILY caught.

If Matthews is there at #9, I hope he is the pick.

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
      Except when he drops balls he should have EASILY caught.

If Matthews is there at #9, I hope he is the pick.
      I'd love Matthews and a lot of mocks have him falling to us, but I think he goes #2 or #3 overall. Hopefully I'm wrong and we land him.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

Why get someone with legit potential to be an impact play maker for this franchise when you can draft a right tackle at 9 overall!! That sounds like the path to success!

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
          Why get someone with legit potential to be an impact play maker for this franchise when you can draft a right tackle at 9 overall!! That sounds like the path to success!
          Yeah, better to draft a player that will leave the ball on the turf & have a RT that will leave the QB on the turf.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

Yeah, better to draft a player that will leave the ball on the turf & have a RT that will leave the QB on the turf.
            Ebron caught 62 passes for 973 yards last season, many were one handed or acrobatic in double and triple coverage.

Combine that with Ebron's ability to adjust/ make plays on the football, and simply put, Eric Ebron get his hands, and or hand onto the football more then your average TE.

Just to put things in the proper perspective Wes Welker had a 9% drop percentage last season, 2% lower then Ebrons,

Calvin Johnson was tied for 4th most in drops last season with 8
            Last edited by Figster; 04-21-2014, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
              • Sep 2004

You can get a RT in the 2nd or later. Our LT is damn good and was a 2nd round pick. Surely, we can find a RT there.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                • Sep 2004

Ebron caught 63 passes for 973 yards last season, many were one handed or acrobatic in double and triple coverage.

Combine that with Ebron's ability to adjust/ make plays on the football, and simply put, Eric Ebron get his hands, and or hand onto the football more then your average TE.

Just to put things in the proper perspective Wes Welker had a 9% drop percentage last season, 2% lower then Ebrons,

Calvin Johnson was tied for 4th most in drops last season with 8
                Are you saying that guys who tend to see a lot of targets, drop a few more balls than others???? That ALMOST MAKES SENSE!!!! TO dropped tons of passes too. It happens.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Ebron caught 63 passes for 973 yards last season, many were one handed or acrobatic in double and triple coverage.

Calvin Johnson was tied for 3rd most in drops last season with 8
                  Yeah, I have seen the highlights. He has made some great catches.

I'm not saying Ebron won't be drafted in the first rnd, just not at #9.

I just think if Matthews is there he would be the pick.

If the Bills could trade down, I would be happy with Ebron lower in the rnd.

Comment

• dog14787
                    • Oct 2010

Are you saying that guys who tend to see a lot of targets, drop a few more balls than others???? That ALMOST MAKES SENSE!!!! TO dropped tons of passes too. It happens.
                    touche

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

Yeah, I have seen the highlights. He has made some great catches.

I'm not saying Ebron won't be drafted in the first rnd, just not at #9.

I just think if Matthews is there he would be the pick.

If the Bills could trade down, I would be happy with Ebron lower in the rnd.

The problem with that is the G-men and now lions are expressing an interest in drafting Ebron so there is no trading back to get this guy.

Not safely anyway,

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

The problem with that is the G-men and now lions are expressing an interest in drafting Ebron so there is no trading back to get this guy.

Not safely anyway,
                        I saw this recently and was a bit surprised. Not that I don't like Ebron - I do, but I thought Detroit and the Giants would be going after CB's from a value standpoint. Giants need both. Not sure what the deal is with Pettigrew in Detroit.

For us at 9 it gets very interesting because there will be quality OT, WR and TE found beyond the 9th pick. I'd love a trade down, but finding a reasonable partner will be difficult at 9. My opinion is if we stay put stick to BPA in round one (within reason). I know some don't agree, but we seem to be in a better position to do that than in recent years.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Pettigrew re-upped with Detroit last month for four more years. Not saying they can't use a second TE weapon but its not a top need.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

there is nothing wrong with building a great OL. The only problem with drafting OL is that they are nothing to look forward to at camp. Not sexy picks.

IF EJ has all day to throw (thats if he decides to throw) anyone we already have becomes a better weapon on the receiving end.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

It is a rare situation where a team that is already competitive finds it makes sense to draft a truly elite TE with a top 10 pick.

We are not already competitive nor is he truly elite.

He would be a luxury pick and not produce for years.

Build the OL and run behind it.

Comment

Working...
                              X