PDA

View Full Version : Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please

cookie G
04-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Bills continue to take a close look at Kyle Fuller

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bills-continue-to-do-their-homework-on-kyle-fuller/

The Bills hold the ninth overall pick in the draft. For the third time in seven years, the Bills could be using a top-11 pick on a cornerback.

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller is visiting the Bills on Monday. This comes after the Bills traveled to Blacksburg to work Fuller out.

Whether it’s Fuller or someone else, the Bills have now used five of their 30 pre-draft visits on the cornerback position.

We can only hope....

stuckincincy
04-21-2014, 07:03 PM
"I'll take WTF? for 200, Alex."

Skooby
04-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Smokescreen.

The last buffalo fan
04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Smokescreen.

:ill: ...... :pray:

X-Era
04-21-2014, 07:18 PM
It's interesting that they keep looking at mid to late 1st rounders... I think trading down might be on their minds.

YardRat
04-21-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't want a CB anywhere the first two rounds this year. We're pretty deep in the secondary right now.

SpikedLemonade
04-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Bills continue to take a close look at Kyle Fuller

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/21/bills-continue-to-do-their-homework-on-kyle-fuller/

The Bills hold the ninth overall pick in the draft. For the third time in seven years, the Bills could be using a top-11 pick on a cornerback.

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller is visiting the Bills on Monday. This comes after the Bills traveled to Blacksburg to work Fuller out.

Whether it’s Fuller or someone else, the Bills have now used five of their 30 pre-draft visits on the cornerback position.

We can only hope....

Christ, do I have to remind you that a team can never have enough CBs?

We need to start planning now for when Gilmore is "unreasonable" with his contract demands in a couple years.

Drafting OL high is out of the question.

PISSCHUNK
04-21-2014, 08:40 PM
It's interesting that they keep looking at mid to late 1st rounders... I think trading down might be on their minds.

Yeah, thinking the same thing.

gonzo1105
04-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Smokescreen.

Yes, because i'm sure Buffalo needs to smokescreen by bringing in 6 DB's so far and make people really want to move up for that mid to late first rounder in Kyle Fuller. Maybe they have legit interest.

I think Buffalo has decided on who they want if they are on the board. They have now used 20/30 visits and only 2 guys are "worthy" of the 9th overall pick. Eric Ebron and Jake Matthews. Today, Ebron said he believes that the Lions are most likely in his mind to draft him. If he was confident Buffalo was that interested, he would have said Buffalo instead of Detroit.

I think that Jake Matthews is their guy if he is there, if he's not I think Buffalo is trading down where they can take a whole bunch of guys. I'm actually a really big fan of Shazier, Fuller, and Beckham. If the Bills move down a little, I wouldn't mind any of those 3 as our first round pick.

bleve
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I may want to invest in LG, and other large screen manufacturers knowing the eventual replacements of TV's destroyed by hurling beer bottles, shoes, etc. at the announcement of a DB #9 pick.

jimmifli
04-21-2014, 09:25 PM
I just got back from the store...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-74FHHxD-xXk/Te2E7nMeQZI/AAAAAAAAFp4/Nn80wR_V5kI/s1600/Mason+1.JPG

Beebe
04-22-2014, 12:01 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dfGa6x6DRXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> looks really gooood

swiper
04-22-2014, 04:16 AM
We can only hope....

... that they are thinking about this guy with their 2nd round pick.

swiper
04-22-2014, 04:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dfGa6x6DRXo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe> looks really gooood

I know it's a highlight reel, but the kid seems to have good instincts and can hit.

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 04:32 AM
That was a pretty good highlight video.

swiper
04-22-2014, 04:44 AM
Kyle Fuller

Fuller's size and ability to both cover and tackle at a high level are the big reasons he is a top-five cornerback prospect in the 2014 draft.

At 6'0" with a 38.5-inch vertical jump, Fuller has the ideal size and athleticism to defend receivers of all sizes in the NFL.

He's also an aggressive defender at the line of scrimmage.

As a sophomore, Fuller totaled 14.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. More so than any cornerback in this draft, he takes great angles to ball-carriers and wraps them up.

Fuller's combine performance wasn't too shabby, either.

A 4.49 40-yard dash is fast enough to stay with most receivers in the NFL, but it's his hip fluid movement and hip flexion that stand out.

You can see from the video above that Fuller is quick to react to every route in the route tree.

Whereas some faster corners will struggle with quick cuts, Fuller seems destined to mirror receiver movements as well as any corner in this draft class (except for Verrett, arguably).

Fuller also shows the ability to play off his man, read the quarterback and break on the ball. The 49ers don't ask their outside cornerbacksto press too often, so they have to like his coverage instincts. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785843/kyle-fuller) had more on his strengths:

"Good route recognition and outstanding read-and-react quickness to mirror or plant-and-drive to attack. Above-average anticipation and cover instincts. Studies receivers and does his homework to know what to look for without hesitation."

Fuller was on his way to a huge senior season before he underwent hernia surgery in November that kept him out for the last two months of the year. With a lean frame, Fuller may be more prone to injury than Gilbert or Roby.

LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2037398-kyle-fuller-vs-jason-verrett-which-star-cb-would-be-the-better-pick-for-49ers)

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 04:54 AM
He's certainly on CIN's radar, what with Terrence Newman 34 and Adam Jones 30, plus Leon Hall's recovery from his 2nd Achilles tendon injury. But Fuller probably won't last 'till #24.

X-Era
04-22-2014, 05:05 AM
The argument I make for grabbing a CB in the 1st is:

1) No other positional need drops to us and is a great value at our pick

and

2) We have no trade down partner

then

3) You look at McKelvin as our #2 who has had struggles
4) You consider that it is a passing league now
5) You ask yourself if having 2 shutdown CB's would help your team
6) Then McKelvin or Graham covers the slot
7) And you have great depth in the secondary when the injury bug hits

If they feel they can get a starting RT and G after round 2 and they want to go this route in round 2, Ok.

I feel they have bigger needs and should be looking at other positions.

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 05:24 AM

and

I think that with all the QB chatter, Clowney, Mack, Matthews and Robinson, they are in a good position for a trade down if they so desire.

The Jokeman
04-22-2014, 06:06 AM

and

then

3) You look at McKelvin as our #2 who has had struggles
4) You consider that it is a passing league now
5) You ask yourself if having 2 shutdown CB's would help your team
6) Then McKelvin or Graham covers the slot
7) And you have great depth in the secondary when the injury bug hits

If they feel they can get a starting RT and G after round 2 and they want to go this route in round 2, Ok.

I feel they have bigger needs and should be looking at other positions.

The only problem is Fuller doesn't grade out as a 1st Round CB which is worrisome. Also one thing that I've noticed is we've also brought in a lot of RB prospects for what seems like a strength too.

X-Era
04-22-2014, 06:33 AM
The only problem is Fuller doesn't grade out as a 1st Round CB which is worrisome. Also one thing that I've noticed is we've also brought in a lot of RB prospects for what seems like a strength too.On the RB, Spiller has a player option for next year and Freddy is a UFA... It's not atypical for the Bills to draft a position where we perceive a possible loss the following year. Seastrunk is the guy I want the most. Love that guys vision and shiftiness.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2014, 07:33 AM
On the RB, Spiller has a player option for next year and Freddy is a UFA... It's not atypical for the Bills to draft a position where we perceive a possible loss the following year. Seastrunk is the guy I want the most. Love that guys vision and shiftiness.

Yeah if they intend to run the ball 550 times as a matter of course, we're going to need at least two good backs, and Freddy is a spot guy at this point IMO.

The Jokeman
04-22-2014, 07:33 AM
On the RB, Spiller has a player option for next year and Freddy is a UFA... It's not atypical for the Bills to draft a position where we perceive a possible loss the following year. Seastrunk is the guy I want the most. Love that guys vision and shiftiness.

I don't mind taking a flier on a RB in the mid rounds but with as many as we are bringing in it feels like we're making it a priority sort of like we did with QB last year. As a result we might take one sooner than later. Personally I don't like that idea.

coastal
04-22-2014, 07:40 AM
It's who we are.

ive embraced it. You should too.

this is our chance to truly once and for all have the best secondary in the NFL.

k-oneputt
04-22-2014, 07:44 AM
This kid is a player, but I don't want him at #9 and I doubt he lasts until the second rd.

trapezeus
04-22-2014, 07:50 AM
in 15 years how many "Top" CB's have we taken. without a rush, there aren't too many guaranteed lock down corners. and they get hurt. it's a waste of a pick. Especially when the team is one game changing LB away from being fairly dominant. a high round CB pick would be borderline unforgivable.

EDS
04-22-2014, 08:10 AM
That was a pretty good highlight video.

Have you ever seen a bad "highlight" video?

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 08:15 AM

Some of them are decidedly more "rah-rah" than others. This one also didn't feature the usual idiot rap music.

trapezeus
04-22-2014, 09:40 AM

that would be funny though. to have a highlight video of piss poor plays with pump up songs put over it.

Ed
04-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Considering we had the most injury issues at CB last season, it's not surprising that they're looking at CB's. Plus, you're 3rd CB is basically a starter in today's NFL and more important than a 3rd LB. I'd still have issue with taking one in the first though. Along with WR and OT, CB is another position that's supposedly just as deep this year. So I'd rather wait and get a good CB after the first that can still come in and compete for that 3rd spot and provide good depth.

We still have Gilmore for a couple years. McKelvin is locked up at a reasonable price for three more years and was probably are best and most consistent CB last year. Robey also emerged as a nice option in the slot. We also just signed Graham for four years, so unless they're confident that Graham will be moving to Safety, I just don't see the point in taking a CB in the first.

swiper
04-22-2014, 12:05 PM
He's certainly on CIN's radar, what with Terrence Newman 34 and Adam Jones 30, plus Leon Hall's recovery from his 2nd Achilles tendon injury. But Fuller probably won't last 'till #24.

There are 4 CBs rated above him on most lists that I've seen.

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 12:39 PM
There are 4 CBs rated above him on most lists that I've seen.

Hmm - not in my observations of the pundit listings. CBS sports has him a 1st - 2nd rnd pick:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/CB

All of which means - what? It's often a position that players need seasoning, time. I see him slotted 20 or below, if some club has a 1st round itch for him.

Anyway, it looks to be an interesting draft, what with all these qbs, ols, wrs getting chatted about. I really hope BUF can swing a deal out of the 9 spot. I'm not sure but that Alonso might slip at OLB - different responsibilities, end of the free-wheeling. I feel that a concentration on OL and LB is needed. No doubt Manual gets the shot at qb. :2cents:

swiper
04-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Hmm - not in my observations of the pundit listings. CBS sports has him a 1st - 2nd rnd pick:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/CB

All of which means - what? It's often a position that players need seasoning, time. I see him slotted 20 or below, if some club has a 1st round itch for him.

Anyway, it looks to be an interesting draft, what with all these qbs, ols, wrs getting chatted about.

2 more weeks

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 12:48 PM
2 more weeks

See my edit.