PDA

View Full Version : Will BUF trade down?

stuckincincy
04-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I think that unless they have their peepers - firmly - on OT Matthews as their man, if available - they will move.

Personally, I'd garner more picks and pass on Matthews. I like him a lot at #9, but I think a perennial 6 -10 club is best served by numbers.

Novacane
04-22-2014, 03:43 PM
If they can I think they would. Have to get a offer worth moving.

Bill Cody
04-22-2014, 03:46 PM
I think that unless they have their peepers - firmly - on OT Matthews as their man, if available - they will move.

Personally, I'd garner more picks and pass on Matthews. I like him a lot at #9, but I think a perennial 6 -10 club is best served by numbers.

true. On the other hand the best teams send a bunch of star players to the pro bowl. We could use some of those too. You need a plan to win the draft. You don't trade down just to grab picks, you trade down because the guy you want isn't a good value where you are. Buffalo's problem isn't a shortage of picks it's knowing what to do with those picks.

swiper
04-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Normally you'd be right. A 5-11, 6-10 team usually has a lot of holes to fill or upgrades to be had. The Buffalo Bills are weird in that they don't have too many holes to fill.

Maybe an OT, an OG. Maybe an ILB. Otherwise they are pretty set. IF they had a decent QB they'd quickly be a 12-4 team with otherwise the same roster. FACT.

EDS
04-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Normally you'd be right. A 5-11, 6-10 team usually has a lot of holes to fill or upgrades to be had. The Buffalo Bills are weird in that they don't have too many holes to fill.

Maybe an OT, an OG. Maybe an ILB. Otherwise they are pretty set. IF they had a decent QB they'd quickly be a 12-4 team with otherwise the same roster. FACT.

Absolutely agree if that QB is named Aaron Rodgers.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2014, 05:40 PM
If they are left with QBs and the two best defensive players, two best receivers, and two best tackles are gone, I think they will try.

better days
04-22-2014, 06:45 PM

I agree, but I think a Safety is a greater need than ILB.

Woodman
04-22-2014, 06:51 PM
A partner and the board will dictate a trade down.

YardRat
04-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Depends on who is there after the first eight are taken.

Kenny
04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
What about St. Louis @ 13?

Suppose Matthews is still on board, we trade down to #13 for an extra 2nd rounder, and pick up Lewan or Ebron?

The Jokeman
04-23-2014, 04:58 PM
What about St. Louis @ 13?

Suppose Matthews is still on board, we trade down to #13 for an extra 2nd rounder, and pick up Lewan or Ebron?

Unlike last year St. Louis has a top 10 pick in the draft and doesn't have an extra pick to give in Round 2. I don't see any realistic trades out there unless we move way down to either pick #25 with Cleveland or #30 San Francisco as both have extra picks in Round 3 that they could move. Yet not sure the Browns would want two top 10 picks but they do have enough cap space so it wouldn't kill them. Yet the 49ers might be worth looking into as I wonder if they'd be looking to get someone like Anthony Barr with it looking like Aldon Smith on the brink of messing up his career.