PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Easley to Defense

Figster
04-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Its the off season so I wanted to run this crazy Idea by everyone. :shocked:

Marcus Easley has excelled at anything the Buffalo Bills have asked him to do so why not try Easley out at Safety or DB.

Easley likes to hit judging by his special teams play and he might become very adapt at intercepting the football.

What say ye? :schmoll:

swiper
04-22-2014, 05:21 PM
I say you are somebody's second account. That or you are Lit.

Figster
04-22-2014, 05:23 PM
I say you are somebody's second account. That or you are Lit.

thats not a very nice thing to say, lol

no, to the 1st comment

EDS
04-22-2014, 05:35 PM
He has excelled at anything the Bills have asked him to do? Um, why is he a complete non-factor as a receiver?

swiper
04-22-2014, 05:38 PM
He has excelled at anything the Bills have asked him to do? Um, why is he a complete non-factor as a receiver?

Because TJ Graham is taking up his rightful place on the roster.

Figster
04-22-2014, 05:40 PM

Easley led the NFL in total yardage and receptions last preseason,

How many starts has Easley been given as a WR during the regular season?

Its Kind of hard to be a factor when your not even given a chance to play.

Figster
04-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Because TJ Graham is taking up his rightful place on the roster.

hahaha, touche

EDS
04-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Easley led the NFL in total yardage and receptions last preseason,

How many starts has Easley been given as a WR during the regular season?

Its Kind of hard to be a factor when your not even given a chance to play.

You are right. Given the depth, skill and experience of the Bills WR position over the past few seasons it is easy to see why he has not gotten a chance to get on the field.

Mr. Pink
04-22-2014, 06:14 PM
I got a crazy idea!

Why not just cut him? He's a bum.

swiper
04-22-2014, 06:16 PM
You are right. Given the depth, skill and experience of the Bills WR position over the past few seasons it is easy to see why he has not gotten a chance to get on the field.

Well, in his defense, IIRC he was injured for 3 of the 4 years. Wasn't last season his only full season? If he's such a bum, he musta done something to hold that roster spot. As someone pointed out he had a good preseason last year.

better days
04-22-2014, 06:19 PM
I got a crazy idea!

Why not just cut him? He's a bum.

Why not cut him?

A) He was the best player on special teams last year.

B) he is a CHEAP player to keep.

Buffatexas
04-23-2014, 04:36 AM
George Wilson didn't turn out so bad after making the change.

Historian
04-23-2014, 06:28 AM
The only thing he's excelled at is landing on IR.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Why not cut him?

A) He was the best player on special teams last year.

B) he is a CHEAP player to keep.

He is probably the worst kick returner the Bills have had in 20 years..however he is good on kick and punt coverage.

OpIv37
04-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Well, in his defense, IIRC he was injured for 3 of the 4 years. Wasn't last season his only full season? If he's such a bum, he musta done something to hold that roster spot. As someone pointed out he had a good preseason last year.

Does that speak to the quality of Easley or the lack of quality of the other WR options we've had over the last few years? I honestly can't think of anyone that we cut in camp who would have been better. He was the least bad option.

As far as moving him to D, why? I'd rather take a chance on a rookie who actually plays D. If Easley contributed more on ST and we had a logjam of WR's, I could see making the move to try to keep him on the roster. But he's done nothing to make me think he still deserves a roster spot.

better days
04-23-2014, 08:01 AM
He is probably the worst kick returner the Bills have had in 20 years..however he is good on kick and punt coverage.

Did he even return any kicks last year?

I don't remember that, I just remember him running down the field making tackles.

YardRat
04-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Easley's roster spot is in real jeopardy this season, considering his biggest contributions have come on special teams, and a lot of the guys we have picked up already may be able to replace him. He needs to step up and contribute something on offense, and IMO a switch to defense isn't his best bet.

Pinkerton Security
04-23-2014, 08:10 AM
Did he even return any kicks last year?

I don't remember that, I just remember him running down the field making tackles.

They tried to put him back there in a couple games and he looked like a fish out of water. He is definitely a good coverage guy though.

better days
04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
They tried to put him back there in a couple games and he looked like a fish out of water. He is definitely a good coverage guy though.

And as I said, he comes cheap.

I think he is a lock to make the roster.

Figster
04-23-2014, 08:52 AM
And as I said, he comes cheap.

I think he is a lock to make the roster.

I hope you are right better days, and as all of you may have guessed by now, I'm a big fan of Marcus Easley.

The reason I feel like Easley might make a good Safety or DB is because during training camp every year Easley comes up with some of the biggest, most acrobatic catches, going up into a crowd of defenders and coming down with the football. Hes also not afraid to knock the snot out of the opposition which Easley has displayed on Special teams.

If for whatever reason the new regime feels they have better options at the WR position which when you look at the production of players like TG Graham it has me scratching my head a little. Lets give this guy an opportunity somewhere else then

The Bills have a player right now who has excelled in anything we have given him an opportunity to excel in. The Bills just lost their best safety, maybe even the best player on the team per position.

What If Marcus Easley is the best guy to replace him?

I say lets keep pushing the envelope with Marcus Easley...

TedMock
04-23-2014, 09:27 AM
We kept 7 WR's last year, I think. Assuming we keep 7 this year, I think Easley could stick primarily based on his special teams play. He led the league in solo ST's tackles (3rd overall) and, for the most part, was a pretty good gunner. Stevie, Woods, Goodwin, Williams are the four gimme's. If we draft a WR early, that leaves two spots between Easley, Hogan, Roberson, Barden and Elliott. I do not see Graham in the mix at this point unless he's done an insane amount of work in the offseason. If the others prove they can match Easley's special teams play he may be gone. Otherwise, I see him as one of the final two.

better days
04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
We kept 7 WR's last year, I think. Assuming we keep 7 this year, I think Easley could stick primarily based on his special teams play. He led the league in solo ST's tackles (3rd overall) and, for the most part, was a pretty good gunner. Stevie, Woods, Goodwin, Williams are the four gimme's. If we draft a WR early, that leaves two spots between Easley, Hogan, Roberson, Barden and Elliott. I do not see Graham in the mix at this point unless he's done an insane amount of work in the offseason. If the others prove they can match Easley's special teams play he may be gone. Otherwise, I see him as one of the final two.

Well, I would be surprised if someone does better as a gunner on teams.

I would think Easley makes the team because of Special teams which were TERRIBLE last year.

It would be stupid to get rid of the best guy from that awful unit of last year.

Maybe a move to defense would be the way for Easley to go.

Thief
04-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Shockingly... I honestly don't think this is that bad of an idea.

Bill Cody
04-23-2014, 03:55 PM

He used to be a woman?:headscrat

Bill Cody
04-23-2014, 03:59 PM
I hope you are right better days, and as all of you may have guessed by now, I'm a big fan of Marcus Easley.

The reason I feel like Easley might make a good Safety or DB is because during training camp every year Easley comes up with some of the biggest, most acrobatic catches, going up into a crowd of defenders and coming down with the football. Hes also not afraid to knock the snot out of the opposition which Easley has displayed on Special teams.

If for whatever reason the new regime feels they have better options at the WR position which when you look at the production of players like TG Graham it has me scratching my head a little. Lets give this guy an opportunity somewhere else then

The Bills have a player right now who has excelled in anything we have given him an opportunity to excel in. The Bills just lost their best safety, maybe even the best player on the team per position.

What If Marcus Easley is the best guy to replace him?

I say lets keep pushing the envelope with Marcus Easley...

It would seem easier for him to succeed doing what he's always done than doing what he's never done but that's just my take.

Figster
04-23-2014, 04:39 PM
It would seem easier for him to succeed doing what he's always done than doing what he's never done but that's just my take.

A good example of a WR making the switch over to safety that most of you should remember is George Wilson.

BertSquirtgum
04-23-2014, 05:20 PM
He can't be any worse than George Wilson.

Mr. Pink
04-23-2014, 05:45 PM

Either way he's gonna sit on the bench and show up for coverage teams. He's succeeded at keeping the bench warm, what's the difference?

Figster
04-23-2014, 07:30 PM

:goodpost:

Bill Cody
04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
A good example of a WR making the switch over to safety that most of you should remember is George Wilson.

Ok I'll play along. You feel the coaching staff has not given Easley a fair chance at receiver. So what makes it more likely that these same coaches are going to give Easley a better chance to switch positions? If the kid has talent it's going to show up with results. Coaches are not trying to keep the man down IMO.

Figster
04-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Ok I'll play along. You feel the coaching staff has not given Easley a fair chance at receiver. So what makes it more likely that these same coaches are going to give Easley a better chance to switch positions? If the kid has talent it's going to show up with results. Coaches are not trying to keep the man down IMO.

DC realizing Easley is a good tackler, with good hands, and an insight to a WR and the routes he runs.