12 Nov 23 1:00PMEST * Jets

13 Nov 30 1:00PMEST * Browns

14 Dec 7 4:05PMEST * AT Broncos

15 Dec 14 1:00PMEST ) Packers

16 Dec 21 4:25PMEST * AT Raiders

17 Dec 28 1:00PMEST * AT Patriots

SquishDaFish
04-23-2014, 06:25 PM
So NO Monday night game and NO thanksgiving!!

mikemac2001
04-23-2014, 06:30 PM
now they took it down

BLeonard
04-23-2014, 06:40 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=396672

http://www.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html

-Bill

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Week 2 at home v. Miami? Ugh...

sudzy
04-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I knew there was NO shot of Buffalo playing on Thanksgiving. We are not a media darling like Miami.

Meathead
04-23-2014, 06:46 PM
yeah but at least they sent the packers here in the middle of december

The Popcorn
04-23-2014, 06:50 PM
yeah but at least they sent the packers here in the middle of december

That'll help sellout that game. Their fans will get the remaining tickets.

ckg927
04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I knew there was NO shot of Buffalo playing on Thanksgiving. We are not a media darling like Miami.

We have to EARN getting a prime time spot(and I don't mean the NFL's edict that every team will have a nationally televised game-I mean the NBC Sunday night game and ESPN's MNF game)and the only way you do that is win games. So stop *****ing about it.

sudzy
04-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Curious to see how many teams they play after their bye weeks?

ICRockets
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
We have to EARN getting a prime time spot(and I don't mean the NFL's edict that every team will have a nationally televised game-I mean the NBC Sunday night game and ESPN's MNF game)and the only way you do that is win games. So stop *****ing about it.

**** that. We haven't played a Thanksgiving game in 20 years, and twice in the last 5 we've had a 50% chance of being the team. This is straight up horse****.

SquishDaFish
04-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Only the Jets twice. We get the Jets after their bye and we get them coming off a long week I believe

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 06:59 PM
**** that. We haven't played a Thanksgiving game in 20 years, and twice in the last 5 we've had a 50% chance of being the team. This is straight up horse****.

How is it horse****? The rules changed nothing foul about it.

ICRockets
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Curious to see how many teams they play after their bye weeks?

Just one, when we host the Jets.

ckg927
04-23-2014, 07:00 PM

STOP the damned whining! Win and everything will take care of itself. That is the ONLY way you get respect in this league, not how much a fanbase can ***** about getting jammed up.

ICRockets
04-23-2014, 07:01 PM
How is it horse****? The rules changed nothing foul about it.

What are you talking about rules changing?

BLeonard

The Lions are playing the Bears on Thanksgiving...

-Bill

DesertFox24
What I care about is how many games do we play where the other team has extra rest. From what I read on BB.com looks like the jets have extra rest for both of our games.

I really wish the NFL would make it so you your division teams did not get rest before you played them

ICRockets
STOP the damned whining! Win and everything will take care of itself. That is the ONLY way you get respect in this league, not how much a fanbase can ***** about getting jammed up.

Go **** yourself, you don't get to tell me how I'm supposed to react to ****.

feldspar
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM
We only play ONE team after their Bye week this year, and that's the Jets. That happens in week 12...but the Bills play on a Thursday in week 11, so they'll have 10 days. I don't know who we are playing coming off Thursday games, but this is nothing like last year.

EXTREMELY rough stretch in December. The Bills play the Broncos, Packers, and Patriots that month (and the Raiders). Three out of those four games are on the road, too.

Funny that they didn't back-load the schedule with division games...just the Patriots in the final game.

sudzy
04-23-2014, 07:02 PM

1994 was the last one. Dave Krieg throws a TD first play on the way to a 35-21 win.

BLeonard
04-23-2014, 07:04 PM

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/23/source-bears-to-play-at-lions-on-thanksgiving/

The game will kick off at 11:30 a.m. CT on CBS, part of new scheduling rules that allow select all-NFC games to be played on CBS.

The Eagles will play at the Cowboys in the second Thanksgiving game, while the 49ers will host the Seahawks in the primetime game, the source said.

The new flex scheduling rules go into effect this year, allowing the NFL to put better games in important timeslots. In the past, the Lions would have had to play either the Dolphins or Bills on Thanksgiving this season, because it was CBS’s year to have the Detroit game. Instead, they’ll have a more intriguing Bears-Lions matchup.

As a result of the new rules, there won’t be an AFC team playing on Thanksgiving this year.

-Bill

SquishDaFish
Joe Buscaglia ‏<s>@</s>JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia) <small class="time"> 3m (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/459124772589162497) </small> Week 8, Jets get 10 days to Bills 7. Week 10, Bills get 14 to Chiefs 10. Week 12, Jets get 14 to Bills 10. Week 15 Bills get 7 to Packers 6

sudzy
The Lions are playing the Bears on Thanksgiving...

-Bill

3 NFC vs NFC games WTF???

Bears/Lions
Dallas/Philly
Sea/SF

ckg927
04-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Go **** yourself, you don't get to tell me how I'm supposed to react to ****.

On Twitter there's a lot of complaining about the schedule. You're not the only one. And my response was the same on Twitter as it is here.

All the Bills have to do to get a better schedule next year is JUST WIN. It's that simple.

ICRockets
04-23-2014, 07:06 PM
My understanding of that provision was that it allowed for flexing games to different channels, I didn't realize they could just straight up schedule it this way. Wish they'd have gone with an all AFC matchup at night, but it's hard to argue against Niners/Seahawks.

Homegrown
04-23-2014, 07:09 PM
1st 8 games, 1 2013 playoff team, then the bye...

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 07:09 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000343516/article/2014-nfl-schedule-no-afc-teams-on-thanksgiving

BillsImpossible
04-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Who wants to play on Thanksgiving? Detroit plays this game every year, and they suck every year.

Thursday games suck, period. Playing professional football 4 days after a game is not smart...it's a watered down, tired product.

Why not Friday Night Football? And how about doing away with the Thanksgiving Day game for good and replacing it with a Friday Night Game?

Players hate playing on Thursdays because it's not enough time for their bodies to recover from the previous game.

When's the last time the NFL had a memorable, great game on Thanksgiving? Dan Marino in a snowy Dallas, 20 years ago?

BillsImpossible
04-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Can the Bills get, "flexed," to Sunday Night??

sudzy
04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000343516/article/2014-nfl-schedule-no-afc-teams-on-thanksgiving

With the ability to place an all-NFC game on CBS during one of the league's most popular football days of the year, it's possible the NFL believed the Bears (http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/profile?team=CHI) were a better matchup for Detroit's annual holiday game than the two AFC teams scheduled to visit Ford Field this season -- Miami Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA) and Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF).

feldspar
04-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Joe Buscaglia ‏<s>@</s>JoeBuscaglia (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia) <small class="time"> 3m (https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/459124772589162497) </small> Week 8, Jets get 10 days to Bills 7. Week 10, Bills get 14 to Chiefs 10. Week 12, Jets get 14 to Bills 10. Week 15 Bills get 7 to Packers 6

I can live with that. The Jets get extra time in both games against the Bills for the second year in a row, though.

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Divisional Matchup on a day where 99% of the Country is in a home with at least one TV in it? Hell yea its a better matchup.

BertSquirtgum
04-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Not having a Monday night game made not renewing my season tickets feel better.

Mike13
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Week 2 at home v. Miami? Ugh...

We dont get the September heat advantage against you, so its all relative.

better days
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
On Twitter there's a lot of complaining about the schedule. You're not the only one. And my response was the same on Twitter as it is here.

All the Bills have to do to get a better schedule next year is JUST WIN. It's that simple.

No it is not,

Even if the Bills make the playoffs this year, that is no guarantee you will see any more Bills games in prime time next year.

ICRockets
04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
No it is not,

Even if the Bills make the playoffs this year, that is no guarantee you will see any more Bills games in prime time next year.

With our fans, I have to assume that the NFL wants us to be good enough to justify primetime games. I want to get in on that idiotic decibel record thingy!!

better days
04-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Who wants to play on Thanksgiving? Detroit plays this game every year, and they suck every year.

Thursday games suck, period. Playing professional football 4 days after a game is not smart...it's a watered down, tired product.

Why not Friday Night Football? And how about doing away with the Thanksgiving Day game for good and replacing it with a Friday Night Game?

Players hate playing on Thursdays because it's not enough time for their bodies to recover from the previous game.

When's the last time the NFL had a memorable, great game on Thanksgiving? Dan Marino in a snowy Dallas, 20 years ago?

Friday night is for High School football as it should be.

You will NEVER see an NFL game on Friday.

OpIv37
04-23-2014, 08:17 PM

do you remember what happened in that game? Kickoff is a touchback. First play from scrimmage, handoff to Barry Sanders. Entire Bills D collapses on him- he flips the ball back to the QB on a flea flicker that results in an 80 yard touchdown. And that's when we were still good. It's worth at least a 20 year ban from T-day.

better days
04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
And the LAST game of the year, at the Patriots* AGAIN.

That SUCKS!

OpIv37
04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
No it is not,

Given our record in prime time, how poorly this team has performed lately, and how hard it is for us to sell out home prime time games, why would we WANT more prime time games?

We've sucked for the last 14 years or so. More prime time games would have meant nothing except more people witnessing our suckage.

And personally, I don't even like prime time games. They end so late on the east coast, and if we win, I'm too pumped to sleep, and if we lose, I'm too pissed to sleep. Then I'm tired as hell at work the next day. **** that.

BuffaloRedleg
04-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Such a perfect example of someone posturing on the internet to be such a no-nonsense tell it like it is internet guy.

It would be less sad if you weren't completely wrong.

The Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants and Falcons all have MNF games.

Most of those teams were either comparable or worse than the Bills last year.

Good try though, tough blue collar internet guy.

BuffaloRedleg
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Given our record in prime time, how poorly this team has performed lately, and how hard it is for us to sell out home prime time games, why would we WANT more prime time games?

We've sucked for the last 14 years or so. More prime time games would have meant nothing except more people witnessing our suckage.

And personally, I don't even like prime time games. They end so late on the east coast, and if we win, I'm too pumped to sleep, and if we lose, I'm too pissed to sleep. Then I'm tired as hell at work the next day. **** that.

If I remember correctly we usually play pretty well in prime time, we just find a way to blow it in the end. They've mostly been very entertaining.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2014, 08:32 PM
6-10 is going to be a reach.

OpIv37
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Such a perfect example of someone posturing on the internet to be such a no-nonsense tell it like it is internet guy.

The Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants and Falcons all have MNF games.

Notice one thing those teams all have in common: They're all from MUCH larger cities than Buffalo. Much bigger TV markets.

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Cincy and Minnesota have performed similarly to us lately as well- where are their prime time games?

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 08:59 PM

One big difference…

Major market, major market, major market, major market, major market, major market, and major market.

GingerP
04-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Opening lines are out. Bills are 6.5 point underdogs against Chicago in the 1st game.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Friday night is for High School football as it should be.

You will NEVER see an NFL game on Friday.

You won't because it's illegal.

Literally, as in it's specifically barred by law.

paladin warrior
04-24-2014, 12:25 AM
:blowup:WHAT!!!! The F**K ..Bills play vs Patriots week 17 AGAIN .:negrep: Bills did played last year.. Oh Come on.. and :shoothead: Plus No Monday Night :shoothead:

feldspar
04-24-2014, 01:00 AM
1st 8 games, 1 2013 playoff team, then the bye...

That's what they said at nfl.com, but it's not true. The Bills play the Chargers in week 3, and the Patriots in week 6...so that's two teams that made the playoffs.

BuffaloRedleg
04-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Notice one thing those teams all have in common: They're all from MUCH larger cities than Buffalo. Much bigger TV markets.

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Cincy and Minnesota have performed similarly to us lately as well- where are their prime time games?

No no I get that. What I'm responding to is the "just win" assertion. That is just plain false.

better days
04-24-2014, 03:46 AM
6-10 is going to be a reach.

Why do you think the Bills will be worse this year than last year?

6-10 was not a reach last year, the Bills should have won a few more than that.

trapezeus
04-24-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/schedules/game-schedule.html

Change the drop down to 2014

1 Sep 7 1:00PMEDT ) AT Bears - LOSS (can't imagine winning on the road)
2 Sep 14 1:00PMEDT * Dolphins - Win
3 Sep 21 1:00PMEDT * Chargers - Win
4 Sep 28 1:00PMEDT * AT Texans - Loss (texans just need a qB who doesn't suck. they get that guy in the draft)
5 Oct 5 1:00PMEDT ) AT Lions - Loss (classic game you always chalk up as a win, but it never works that way)
6 Oct 12 1:00PMEDT * Patriots - Loss (as long as goodell and kraft are working together, this game will never be exciting)
7 Oct 19 1:00PMEDT ) Vikings =WIN
8 Oct 26 1:00PMEDT * AT Jets - LOSS (classic boring meadowland game that has the home team winning)
9 BYE
10 Nov 9 1:00PMEST * Chiefs - Loss (chiefs were pretty good last year)
11 Nov 13 8:25PMEST , AT Dolphins - Loss (prime time on the road never works out)
12 Nov 23 1:00PMEST * Jets - Loss (jet's running game somehow takes over for 1 game in the season)
13 Nov 30 1:00PMEST * Browns - Loss (Pettine storyline obviously trumps our ability to win)
14 Dec 7 4:05PMEST * AT Broncos - Loss (um superbowl appearance in high altitude; even the homers are with me on this one)
15 Dec 14 1:00PMEST ) Packers - Loss (great QB's beat the bills for the last 14 years. it continues)
16 Dec 21 4:25PMEST * AT Raiders - Win (raiders are dysfunctional and probably will enlighten us with yet another terrible draft)
17 Dec 28 1:00PMEST * AT Patriots - Loss (the second pats beating is always worse

4-12 is what i'm seeing as noted above.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Why do you assume the Bills should have won more? Because we lost some close games? We won some close games too.

Historian
04-24-2014, 11:01 AM
The Bills have enough marquee talent that they should be on Monday or Sunday night at least once.

PromoTheRobot
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Only the Jets twice. We get the Jets after their bye and we get them coming off a long week I believe

And we come off a Thur game the week of the Jets bye. There are no issues like last season on teams with byes before playing us.

ckg927
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
No it is not,

Point to you on that matter.

I'll extend mine and say Buffalo needs to win on a CONSISTENT basis-year in and year out. Not be a one-season wonder, get some prime time action, blow chunks the next year and get back to the blah schedule.

ckg927
04-24-2014, 05:10 PM

I'm not referring to the teams you mentioned. I'm referring to US. Buffalo. We're NEVER going to get the love those teams you mentioned do. At least not from ESPN.

The only way the Bills get that love is by sheer, brute force. And that means winning on a consistent basis...not, as in Houston's case, putting up a 12-4 record in 2012(improving slightly from the season before)and then completely crapping the bed last season.

kishoph
04-25-2014, 04:24 AM

He doesn't think, trolls are not capable of thinking. :crazy:

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Did the Bills permanently withdraw their request not to have night prime time games? I remember some years back they specifically asked not to have them.

upstart
04-26-2014, 07:26 PM
And the LAST game of the year, at the Patriots* AGAIN.

That SUCKS!

It's a by week for the Pats to get ready for the playoffs.

better days
04-27-2014, 10:13 AM
It's a by week for the Pats to get ready for the playoffs.

I HATE this schedule from opening away against an NFC team, to finishing with back to back away games with the last being against the Pats* AGAIN.

jills
04-27-2014, 03:29 PM

Those teams have been more relevant than us over the last 14 years, good try though.