PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs????

The Popcorn
04-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Schedule is out and I know it's still early but what are your thoughts? Do they finally make the playoffs?

I don't think so.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2014, 07:22 PM
8-8 is my optimistic prediction.

The Popcorn
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
8-8 is my optimistic prediction.

I was thinking the same thing. That rarely makes the playoffs.

OpIv37
04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
we could finish 0-4. The Raiders aren't that good but it's our 2nd west coast trip in 2 weeks- that's draining. The finale against the Pats all depends on whether they need the game for playoff seeding or not. If they're trying, we lose. If they're resting starters, we'll have a shot.

Skooby
04-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I can see us starting off strong, the last games are coin tosses depending on what happens during the season.

BLeonard
04-23-2014, 07:43 PM
10 of their games are against non-playoff teams. Of the 6 games they have against playoff teams, 4 of them are at home.

There's not much to complain about with this schedule. Simply beating the non-playoff teams would guarantee them a 10-6 record... If they can't do that, I certainly can't blame the schedule makers.

-Bill

Buffalogic
04-23-2014, 09:01 PM
we could finish 0-4. The Raiders aren't that good but it's our 2nd west coast trip in 2 weeks- that's draining. The finale against the Pats all depends on whether they need the game for playoff seeding or not. If they're trying, we lose. If they're resting starters, we'll have a shot.I don't even remember the last time we won in Oakland.

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 09:05 PM
we could finish 0-4. The Raiders aren't that good but it's our 2nd west coast trip in 2 weeks- that's draining. The finale against the Pats all depends on whether they need the game for playoff seeding or not. If they're trying, we lose. If they're resting starters, we'll have a shot.

I think the Raiders could be much improved. Schaub offers some stability at QB, they were a top 15 rushing attack last year, and they have some young WR's in Streeter, Moore and Holmes and added James Jones. They need to replace Veldheer at LT but offensively they are solid. Defense needs some work still.

sukie
04-24-2014, 06:43 AM
I look at that schedule and seriously wonder how the "Who should the Bills select at 10?" will go next year.

Fletch
04-24-2014, 06:50 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p3-eavMSBnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2014, 09:04 AM

The Patriots almost never rest their starters.

justasportsfan
04-24-2014, 09:27 AM
The finale against the Pats all depends on whether they need the game for playoff seeding or not. If they're trying, we lose. If they're resting starters, we'll have a shot.

the PAts will be trying their hardest to get the last wildcard spot after the bills locked up the AFCE title and have a bye in the playoffs.

The Popcorn
04-24-2014, 07:46 PM

This is the VERY reason why I don't think they make the playoffs. What a brutal December.

Fletch
04-25-2014, 10:00 AM
The Patriots almost never rest their starters.

Very untrue. They use a RBBC approach for the most part. Most NFL OL's don't rest starters, so that's not a good comp point.

Ditto for the WRs.

On D they change things up a lot tho depending upon the circumstances, perhaps as much as any team. That's where Belicheat shines.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Very untrue. They use a RBBC approach for the most part. Most NFL OL's don't rest starters, so that's not a good comp point.

Ditto for the WRs.

On D they change things up a lot tho depending upon the circumstances, perhaps as much as any team. That's where Belicheat shines.

Ok, when have they rested starters? In both 2012 and 2011, they had Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski still taking snaps in the fourth quarter of week 17 games where they were already up by 2+ scores.

better days
04-25-2014, 10:48 AM

Ditto for the WRs.

Gronk got injured in a late season meaningless game.

Also Brady plays in every late season meaningless game. For the entire game, even if the Pats* are well ahead.

Proof of that is the fact Mallet never sees the field in the regular season.