PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jacobs family has had discussions involving the Bills

mightysimi
04-24-2014, 11:04 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450270

They don't get into specifics but state that one of the sons could be involved to negate the NFL's rule about owning teams in multiple markets.

Also said the want to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.

trapezeus
04-24-2014, 11:10 AM
good news to me. i trust a fan and resident to keep the team in the area long term moreso than a hack like trump.

i realize this isn't a done deal, but it's good that they aren't definitively out of the running.

mightysimi
04-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Agreed, I'm not sold on a high profile guy like Trump and the Jacobs' suit the team better however anything is better than moving the team.

Ed
04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
I think having the Jacobs family buy the Bills would be best case scenario. I hope they end up with the winning bid.

Don't Panic
04-24-2014, 11:59 AM
They are definitely the best case scenario. The key is having someone in the family who is interested in owning the team, not just keeping them from moving.

Woodman
04-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Let it happen asap.

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 12:58 PM
good news to me. i trust a fan and resident to keep the team in the area long term moreso than a hack like trump.

i realize this isn't a done deal, but it's good that they aren't definitively out of the running.

I trust the guy in your avatar.

His Buffalo fan bona fides are unmatched by anyone. Ever.

better days
04-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Well, I have read on this board, the Bills have already packed their bags for Toronto.

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Well, I have read on this board, the Bills have already packed their bags for Toronto.

If that's supposed to be funny, it fell well short.

better days
04-24-2014, 04:23 PM
If that's supposed to be funny, it fell well short.

No, I'm serious. There are people on this board that think the Bills moving to Toronto is inevitable.

DynaPaul
04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Please save us from the Donald... not that he has a shot at getting approved by the owners after his USFL debacle anyway.

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 09:03 PM
No, I'm serious. There are people on this board that think the Bills moving to Toronto is inevitable.

They have a name for those people.

They're called Canadians.

mightysimi
04-24-2014, 10:18 PM

Ba-zing! You're on fire today.

Fletch
04-25-2014, 10:03 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450270

They don't get into specifics but state that one of the sons could be involved to negate the NFL's rule about owning teams in multiple markets.

Also said the want to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.

I wouldn't trust that part at all. They'll do that because they have to for now, but then in five or six seasons they'll start talking about pushing the team closer to Toronto, again, perhaps just across the border in NF or St. Catherines or whatever, but nonethesame.

That way he won't look like a dishonest cad.

Fletch
04-25-2014, 10:06 AM

Or rather maybe realists?

Again, if the NFL were putting up a new team today and Buffalo did not have one, the odds of it going to Buffalo would be slim to nil. Buffalo cannot sustain a team by MODERN NFL standards. They struggle every season in that regard.

The NFL is no longer a blue-collar league, but that's what Buffalo and WNY have to offer. Great fans, but no big corporate economic climate and the money that accompanies it.

That much cannot possibly be argued except by the willfully blind or those in perpetual denial.

After that the only argument is whether the NFL truly seeks out corporate support, and we all know the answer to that.

It's a complete slap in the face of both the facts as well as to fellow fans that would love nothing more than for the Bills to stay in Buffalo and get a new owner that would put in a competent front office, to suggest that by them simply not ignoring reality that they're "Canadians."

Same as those talking about how great the team's going to be either "this" or "next" season while being wrong for 15 years in their annual predictions as such and while criticizing those that don't agree and labeling them non-fans.

Fletch
04-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Please save us from the Donald... not that he has a shot at getting approved by the owners after his USFL debacle anyway.

The Donald is simply rattling chains.

better days
04-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Or rather maybe realists?

Again, if the NFL were putting up a new team today and Buffalo did not have one, the odds of it going to Buffalo would be slim to nil. Buffalo cannot sustain a team by MODERN NFL standards. They struggle every season in that regard.

The NFL is no longer a blue-collar league, but that's what Buffalo and WNY have to offer. Great fans, but no big corporate economic climate and the money that accompanies it.

That much cannot possibly be argued except by the willfully blind or those in perpetual denial.

After that the only argument is whether the NFL truly seeks out corporate support, and we all know the answer to that.

It's a complete slap in the face of both the facts as well as to fellow fans that would love nothing more than for the Bills to stay in Buffalo and get a new owner that would put in a competent front office, to suggest that by them simply not ignoring reality that they're "Canadians."

Same as those talking about how great the team's going to be either "this" or "next" season while being wrong for 15 years in their annual predictions as such and while criticizing those that don't agree and labeling them non-fans.

This is what I was talking about Wagon Circler.

Fletch
04-25-2014, 10:23 AM
This is what I was talking about Wagon Circler.

Not sure I follow you.

"Circling the wagons" is one thing, the '90s era team had a knack for doing that.

But attempting to convince ourselves that the reality will by far and away exceed the circumstances is hardly "circling the wagons," it's patent denial.

Since when have the Bills last "circled the wagons?"

I see numerous possibilities, such as following the '04 season when they finished that season by winning 6 of their last 7 or 8 of their last 10, but then promptly followed it up with a completely anticlimactic 5-11 season amidst people (fans and media alike) insisting that they'd finally arrived. There are other examples, plenty of them, but they haven't "circled the wagons" since the mid-late '90s, which is pushing 2 decades ago now.

So if you mean that "circling the wagons" has now become an exercise in bellying up to the water cooler to drink the cool-aid and go into a perpetual state-of-denial, then I couldn't agree with you more.

better days
04-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Not sure I follow you.

"Circling the wagons" is one thing, the '90s era team had a knack for doing that.

But attempting to convince ourselves that the reality will by far and away exceed the circumstances is hardly "circling the wagons," it's patent denial.

Since when have the Bills last "circled the wagons?"

I see numerous possibilities, such as following the '04 season when they finished that season by winning 6 of their last 7 or 8 of their last 10, but then promptly followed it up with a completely anticlimactic 5-11 season amidst people (fans and media alike) insisting that they'd finally arrived. There are other examples, plenty of them, but they haven't "circled the wagons" since the mid-late '90s, which is pushing 2 decades ago now.

So if you mean that "circling the wagons" has now become an exercise in bellying up to the water cooler to drink the cool-aid and go into a perpetual state-of-denial, then I couldn't agree with you more.

I was referring to the poster with that user name.