PDA

View Full Version : Which RBs do you like for BUF - draft or FA?

stuckincincy
04-26-2014, 05:47 PM
I like WVA's Sims as a late 5th or 6th for somebody - I'm not saying that BUF is going to select a rb that high, if at all. Just wondering if they will select one in some round, or cull the UFDA crop.

Night Train
04-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Carlos Hyde - Ohio St. - 6-0 230
Jeremy Hill - LSU - 6-1 233
Terrance West - Towson - 5-9 225
Storm Johnson - UCF - 6-0 210
Tyler Gaffney - Stanford - 6-0 220

swiper
04-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Hyde, West, Hill, and Seastrunk

DraftBoy
04-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Hill, Johnson, Sims as mentioned above.

I'll add James Wilder Jr, Ka'Deem Carey, Isaiah Crowell as draftable options.

As FA's guys like Alfred Blue, Tim Cornett, George Atkinson, and Glasco Martin.

stuckincincy
04-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Carlos Hyde - Ohio St. - 6-0 230
Jeremy Hill - LSU - 6-1 233
Terrance West - Towson - 5-9 225
Storm Johnson - UCF - 6-0 210
Tyler Gaffney - Stanford - 6-0 220

Hyde is hard to figure. OSU football floods my tv, and QB Braxton Miller was such a significant running threat. To be honest, I didn't observe if Hyde had blocking skills.

stuckincincy
04-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Hill, Johnson, Sims as mentioned above.

I'll add James Wilder Jr, Ka'Deem Carey, Isaiah Crowell as draftable options.

As FA's guys like Alfred Blue, Tim Cornett, George Atkinson, and Glasco Martin.

Thanks for the FA names. With Jackson's age, Spiller's contract status, I'm sure they will pay attention to the UDFA crowd.

Mace
04-26-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd be delighted with Carlos Hyde, loves contact, runs with authority, or Seastrunk, explosive, more a finesse back.

They've had visits from Hyde, Seastrunk, McKinnon and West.

I'm not real sure I'd spend a pick on one though before 5, and I'm not real sure they won't be able to find one UDFA. Hyde is going to go late 1 or 2, I don't think Seastrunk will last too many rounds after. Then they all get relatively generic. No telling what Whaley thinks, I'd wait for UDFA but I don't think Whaley will, he's going to go after McKinnon or West. Won't bother me any.

stuckincincy
04-26-2014, 06:51 PM
I'd be delighted with Carlos Hyde, loves contact, runs with authority, or Seastrunk, explosive, more a finesse back.

They've had visits from Hyde, Seastrunk, McKinnon and West.

I'm not real sure I'd spend a pick on one though before 5, and I'm not real sure they won't be able to find one UDFA. Hyde is going to go late 1 or 2, I don't think Seastrunk will last too many rounds after. Then they all get relatively generic. No telling what Whaley thinks, I'd wait for UDFA but I don't think Whaley will, he's going to go after McKinnon or West. Won't bother me any.

Hmm - visits by 4 rbs. IIRC, NFL rules limit total prospect visits to something like 30. Could be wrong there...

If so, they are sniffing about.

Mace
04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Hmm - visits by 4 rbs. IIRC, NFL rules limit total prospect visits to something like 30. Could be wrong there...

If so, they are sniffing about.

Forgot Jeremy Hill and also the Chris Johnson rumors, so yes, I think they're sniffing. 30 visitors tops, they're up to 29 now, full list :

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/4/25/5652348/nfl-draft-2014-cyrus-kouandjio-visits-buffalo-bills

YardRat
04-26-2014, 07:19 PM
Rajion Neal, Marion Grice, James Wilder Jr.

Mace
04-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Rajion Neal, Marion Grice, James Wilder Jr.

I'm immediately shifting to Marion Grice because his name is Marion and he's going to be mean.

stuckincincy
04-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Forgot Jeremy Hill and also the Chris Johnson rumors, so yes, I think they're sniffing. 30 visitors tops, they're up to 29 now, full list :

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/4/25/5652348/nfl-draft-2014-cyrus-kouandjio-visits-buffalo-bills

Thanks for the link.

An oddity...USC C Marcus Martin among the visits.

I like him very much as a surprise 1st rnd pick for CIN -all the pundits are yakking about CB for them, I know. I'm scratching my head as to why the Bills spoke with him. Although he played G before C, AFAIK.

Mace
04-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the link.

An oddity...USC C Marcus Martin among the visits.

I like him very much as a surprise 1st rnd pick for CIN -all the pundits are yakking about CB for them, I know. I'm scratching my head as to why the Bills spoke with him. Although he played G before C, AFAIK.

Just that. Guard for 2 years and Center depth if needed, imho. Trade down option maybe ? Good point.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Draft.

Best available in the 3rd round.

jimmifli
04-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Williams!

X-Era
04-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Big fan of Seastrunks game. His vision is exceptional. He may be guilty of dancing in the NFL rather than drilling it N and S. But, he's got game with the ball in his hands. My #2 would be Hyde.

better days
04-26-2014, 09:41 PM
I like Jackson & Spiller.

Tatonka
04-26-2014, 09:54 PM
id trade for lemichael james from San Fran for next to nothing

Mace
04-26-2014, 10:30 PM
Yanno, more I think about it the more Marcus Martin stands out to me, per stuckinciny. It really is an oddity. They're going to trade down.

X-Era
04-27-2014, 06:15 AM
Yanno, more I think about it the more Marcus Martin stands out to me, per stuckinciny. It really is an oddity. They're going to trade down.Why is it an oddity? He plays G and C. Wood has missed a ton of games due to injury but recently has been healthy a good deal.

They may like him as a potential starting G who can move to C if Wood gets injured. That's an upgrade over Brown who shouldn't start at either position.

Swing Tackles and Guards are very important for our depth and the Bills have always liked versatile OL-men.

YardRat
04-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Probably an 'oddity' because center really hasn't been mentioned that much as a need going into the draft. Everybody has been pretty much focusing on OT, TE and maybe WR.

TacklingDummy
04-27-2014, 06:24 AM
I like Jackson & Spiller.
Jackson is past the age of thinking of replacing him.
Spiller has contract issues, injury prone, and nothing special.
Running back needs to be addressed in this draft.

better days
04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Jackson is past the age of thinking of replacing him.
Spiller has contract issues, injury prone, and nothing special.
Running back needs to be addressed in this draft.

No, RB does not need to be addressed this draft.

There is talk of extending Spiller after the draft & while Spiller was injured last year, he is SPECIAL, he just needs an OC that knows how to use him properly.

A late rd pick of a RB would be fine, but I would not waste a 3rd or higher pick on a RB when the Bills have two GOOD RB's on the roster.