PDA

View Full Version : Eric Ebron on Sports Science

X-Era
04-26-2014, 09:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10824158

Blew it up for whatever that's worth. Lol.

Jeff1220
04-26-2014, 10:54 PM
They called Trent Edwards a "gunslinger".

swiper
04-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Don't put much into what a player does on Sports Science.

YardRat
04-27-2014, 06:27 AM
I like the sports science spots.

better days
04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
We all know Ebron is athletic.

We also know he drops balls he should have easily caught.

With the way Chandler has been criticized for dropping balls, I think Ebron would drive Bills fans crazy when he drops an easy TD or 3rd down pass.

Figster
04-28-2014, 10:55 AM

With the way Chandler has been criticized for dropping balls, I think Ebron would drive Bills fans crazy when he drops an easy TD or 3rd down pass.

Ebron also makes acrobatic catches more resembling a WR and had almost 1,000 yards receiving last season (973) from the TE position despite having two different signal callers throwing him the football.

A larger catching area then Gonk, explosiveness off of the line, hitting top speed quicker then anyone ever tested, rated/graded the closest ever to the best TE that has ever played the game of football, Tony Gonzalez.

Awwww come on man:err:

Luisito23
04-28-2014, 11:02 AM
If they don't trade up for Clowney, they better get this guy.

Don't be fools and waste a high pick on a stupid tackle.

X-Era
04-28-2014, 02:40 PM

With the way Chandler has been criticized for dropping balls, I think Ebron would drive Bills fans crazy when he drops an easy TD or 3rd down pass.The Bills brass addressed his hands and said he has good hands in their opinion. I found it telling. If he had a question mark it was his hands. The Bills seem fine with Ebron.

stuckincincy
04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
The Bills brass addressed his hands and said he has good hands in their opinion. I found it telling. If he had a question mark it was his hands. The Bills seem fine with Ebron.

Too many folks are fascinated by the cut of his body. I'd never draft him at #9.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2014, 04:41 PM
I want Clowney,Mack,Evans,Ebron,Watkins or one of the top 2 tackles. OR I wont be happy LOL

swiper
04-28-2014, 04:53 PM
I thought you were never happy. :D

SquishDaFish
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Only during football season or MLB/NHL playoffs

Kenny
04-28-2014, 06:48 PM
A bit dated, but: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46280/349/peshek-te-metrics
The drops worry me about Ebron.

Seferian-Jenkins looks to be the TE I'd rather have... if we can get Jake Matthews/Mike Evans and then ASJ, I'd be really happy with the first 2 rounds

Figster
04-29-2014, 07:32 AM
A bit dated, but: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46280/349/peshek-te-metrics
The drops worry me about Ebron.

Seferian-Jenkins looks to be the TE I'd rather have... if we can get Jake Matthews/Mike Evans and then ASJ, I'd be really happy with the first 2 rounds

Wes Welker drop percentage was over 9% last season. Calvin Johnson was tied for fourth in the NFL in drops drops with 8.

Eric Ebron is a WR in a TE's body, his large catching range has been documented along with Ebrons acrobatic/one handed catches.

Simply put Ebron gets his hands and or hand on balls(in double, sometimes even triple coverage) other TE's wouldn't and it adds to his drop percentage.

Uncle Jesse
04-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Wes Welker drop percentage was over 9% last season. Calvin Johnson was tied for fourth in the NFL in drops drops with 8.

Eric Ebron is a WR in a TE's body, his large catching range has been documented along with Ebrons acrobatic/one handed catches.

Simply put Ebron gets his hands and or hand on balls(in double, sometimes even triple coverage) other TE's wouldn't and it adds to his drop percentage.

All that, plus, generally when you see a lot of targets, you tend to drop more, it's the percentages game.

Kenny
04-29-2014, 02:52 PM
All that, plus, generally when you see a lot of targets, you tend to drop more, it's the percentages game.

Agreed... it's a %, especially when you get a lot of targets.

Calvin Johnson might have had 8 drops, but his % was only 5.1%. Welker was at 9%... Ebron in college was 11.4%