PDA

View Full Version : Bills one of 8 teams that can be on Hard Knocks this year

GingerP
04-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Because so many teams declined being on Hard Knocks, the NFL established new rules this year. Teams that appeared on Hard Knocks in the last 10 years, have a new coach, or made the playoffs in either of the last two years are not eligible.

That leaves 8 teams that qualify: Bills, Bears, Cardinals, Giants, Jaguars, Raiders, Rams, and Steelers.

Unlike past years, you won't be able to get out of it (or, at least, it will be difficult). That means the Bills have a 12.5% chance of being on it.

YardRat
04-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Oh god, please no...between the flying fan, excessive texts, and vaginal hygiene lawsuits this off-season has been enough of a circus already.

feldspar
04-27-2014, 07:59 AM
While I don't think it's a real good idea, I'd definitely watch every episode.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2014, 09:50 AM

Unlike past years, you won't be able to get out of it (or, at least, it will be difficult). That means the Bills have a 12.5% chance of being on it.

To my knowledge it's still not picked randomly. In that case, since we are up against the Giants, Bears, and Steelers, we really have a 0% chance.

Meathead
04-27-2014, 10:07 AM
not to mention ralph going to the big fieldhouse in the sky and jimbos miracle quest. yeah paaass

Skooby
04-27-2014, 10:20 AM
I think our Cheerleaders quest for better personal hygiene could be a key to higher viewership of the show.

DesertFox24
04-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Please no. I never want to be on that show

swiper
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
No.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 04:18 PM
With Ralph's passing we are going to be a higher ratings draw then in an typical year. If the Bills make a bold draft move then even more so.

I don't see an organization like Pittsburgh ever letting them do it, same with Giants.

Honestly I think Rams are the best choice right now, but anything could happen.

THRILLHO
04-27-2014, 04:32 PM
And it is not limited to those teams. A team can volunteer for it as well.

feldspar
04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
What if nobody really wants to do it?

I don't see what teams would stand to gain by signing themselves up for a reality TV show. There is probably the money, but how much do they get? Just sounds like a huge unnecessary distraction for any team.

sudzy
04-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Really not worried about it. There is NO chance HBO is coming to Buffalo0 as long as they have another choice.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
What if nobody really wants to do it?

I don't see what teams would stand to gain by signing themselves up for a reality TV show. There is probably the money, but how much do they get? Just sounds like a huge unnecessary distraction for any team.

The money is indirect, the attention is what matters.

Viewers of the show will follow story lines and watch certain players all year even if the team on Hard Knocks isn't there own. It's free media which is invaluable.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2014, 05:26 PM
The money is indirect, the attention is what matters.

Viewers of the show will follow story lines and watch certain players all year even if the team on Hard Knocks isn't there own. It's free media which is invaluable.

Teams don't seem to agree. The entire reason Goodell and the NFL considered this whole force-them-to-take-it plan is because no teams were volunteering.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Teams don't seem to agree. The entire reason Goodell and the NFL considered this whole force-them-to-take-it plan is because no teams were volunteering.

Who the hell cares about the teams? This is about the shield, its their free media.

feldspar
04-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Forgive me for not wanting to do the research, but you are saying that the NFL can actually FORCE a team to do Hard Knocks? If so, I can't see how...

The Jokeman
04-27-2014, 06:34 PM
With Ralph's passing we are going to be a higher ratings draw then in an typical year. If the Bills make a bold draft move then even more so.

I don't see an organization like Pittsburgh ever letting them do it, same with Giants.

Honestly I think Rams are the best choice right now, but anything could happen.

I agree with the Steelers and Giants never allowing this to happen. Yet to me if the Cardinals are a better choice than the Rams. As I can't see Jeff Fisher being as a good a story as Bruce Arians.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Forgive me for not wanting to do the research, but you are saying that the NFL can actually FORCE a team to do Hard Knocks? If so, I can't see how...

The league has reserved that right but not yet exercised it.

GingerP
04-27-2014, 08:15 PM

The NFL passed a measure at the Fall league meeting in Washington to allow the league office to do just that. They can force one of those 8 teams to do the show, and have guaranteed HBO they will have a team to participate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259014/article/owners-pass-hard-knocks-rule-at-nfl-fall-meeting

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Who the hell cares about the teams? This is about the shield, its their free media.

Feldspar's comment was about why teams don't want to do it. Yes, obviously the NFL wants to do it or it wouldn't happen.

THRILLHO
04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
I agree with the Steelers and Giants never allowing this to happen. Yet to me if the Cardinals are a better choice than the Rams. As I can't see Jeff Fisher being as a good a story as Bruce Arians.

The Cardinals would be a great story. They barely missed the playoffs, so it'd be all about competition and vengeance in a tough NFC league.

feldspar
04-27-2014, 10:09 PM
The NFL passed a measure at the Fall league meeting in Washington to allow the league office to do just that. They can force one of those 8 teams to do the show, and have guaranteed HBO they will have a team to participate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259014/article/owners-pass-hard-knocks-rule-at-nfl-fall-meeting

Wow.

what a steaming pile of horse****.

BuffaloRedleg
04-28-2014, 01:41 AM
You guys are ridiculous, this would be awesome. It would be an absolutely fascinating view of the behind-the-scenes of our football team.

I don't know why people automatically assume a team will melt down by being on the show. It's not like we've been that great anyways, being on this show will not be the difference-maker.

feldspar
04-28-2014, 05:22 AM
You guys are ridiculous

That's what I've been trying to tell them.