Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

"The Buffalo Bills would Love to trade up to #1 for J.Clowney"-Adam Scheftner

@Merk256: Adam Schefter on the Mike Lupica show #ESPNRadio: The #Buffalo #Bills would Love to go to #1 for J.Clowney

This story seams to be gaining a little more steam week by week
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: "The Buffalo Bills would Love to trade up to #1 for J.Clowney"-Adam Scheftner

Hope he can play RT too.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Re: "The Buffalo Bills would Love to trade up to #1 for J.Clowney"-Adam Scheftner

IMO, it would be STUPID to give up the Bills first pick next year which is what it would take to move up to #1.

If EJ does not pan out, which many people believe will be the case, the Bills will need that first rnd pick next year to draft EJ's replacement.

Comment

• billsfanryan
        • Jan 2010

Weren't there rumors several weeks ago saying we had already got in touch with Houston about the first pick?

I am wondering if this is a smokescreen at all. Remember when we forced Denver to trade up for Tebow and then Nix laughed? I wonder if Whaley is trying to get some pieces of this draft to fall into place so he can make another move.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

No shock here, Bills need a pass rusher at DE opposite Mario to fit the new scheme.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by billsfanryan View Post
            Weren't there rumors several weeks ago saying we had already got in touch with Houston about the first pick?

I am wondering if this is a smokescreen at all. Remember when we forced Denver to trade up for Tebow and then Nix laughed? I wonder if Whaley is trying to get some pieces of this draft to fall into place so he can make another move.
            Yeah, since then Denver has been to the playoffs every year & the Super Bowl last season. Nix laughing made it all so real & important.

Comment

• The Zone Ranger
              • Aug 2013

I think we should just continue to draft denelsey type de's so we can be in position to draft our franchise qb. Were only five Drats away from getting our man.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                No shock here, Bills need a pass rusher at DE opposite Mario to fit the new scheme.
                More shifting personnel because of a new scheme?

Generating a pass rush didn't seem to be a problem last year so let's give up assets in this draft and future drafts to fix a "problem" that we as an organization are creating.

the only player we should be trading up to get is Greg Robinson.

he fills a huge deficit on the roster and plays to our offensive strength... running the ball

jadaveon Clowney = Fool's Gold Redux

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

I am all for this. Make a splash. Be a relevant franchise for once.

Clowney is an absolute BEAST!!!!

Yes we need a right tackle but can't a decent, solid run blocking tackle, be had later on?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    IMO, it would be STUPID to give up the Bills first pick next year which is what it would take to move up to #1.

If EJ does not pan out, which many people believe will be the case, the Bills will need that first rnd pick next year to draft EJ's replacement.
                    Agreed.

You don't give up next years 1st when Winston, Mariota, Petty, and Hundley will be coming out.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                      Yeah, since then Denver has been to the playoffs every year & the Super Bowl last season. Nix laughing made it all so real & important.
                      So what? They went out and bought Peyton Manning, which is the reason they have been successful.

One has nothing to do with the other, fool.

Oh and **** Denver.

Comment

• nolimit
                        Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                        • Aug 2003

This rumor does not seem to be fading....just keeps getting stronger....there may be something to this...

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

He (Scheftner) is just reacting to Whaley's comment late last week... IMO smokescreen.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            More shifting personnel because of a new scheme?

Generating a pass rush didn't seem to be a problem last year so let's give up assets in this draft and future drafts to fix a "problem" that we as an organization are creating.

the only player we should be trading up to get is Greg Robinson.

he fills a huge deficit on the roster and plays to our offensive strength... running the ball

jadaveon Clowney = Fool's Gold Redux
                            Umm…yes that's what always happens.

Last year you asked 3-4 OLB's to stand up and rush, now you're asking 43 DE's to put a hand down and rush the passer. Outside of Mario nobody else on the roster has shown the ability to go that from a three point stance. That's a big problem.

You can't just change a scheme and assume everything will remain the same. We need different style of players to fit the new scheme.

This wasn't my idea, just the reality of the decisions the organization has made.

I never would of switched the scheme, I never would of signed Spikes, and I never would of let Byrd go. It is what it is.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

From what I've read/seen Houston covets one of four guys at the top of the draft. They wouldn't mind trading down but going all the way down to 9 would obviously make them miss one of the four. In other words, never gonna happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X