PDA

View Full Version : Bills Raise Ticket Prices

DraftBoy
04-29-2014, 11:38 AM
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/apr/29/bills-ticket-prices-jump-by-as-much-as-28/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — It's going to cost Buffalo Bills fans more to attend home games against New England and Miami this season.

The Bills released individual ticket prices based on the new variable pricing plan this season. The Patriots and Dolphins' games are listed at the "gold" level, with a top price of $130.

That's up from $102, the previous top price for all home games last season, when the Bills finished 6-10.

SpikedLemonade
04-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Expect big increases over the next 10 years.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Can't complain

Still one of the cheapest in the league by far.

I upped my seasons from 2 to 5 seats this offseason.

OpIv37
04-29-2014, 12:29 PM

If that's the case, then the team better start winning real quick or else there are going to be a lot of empty seats and TV blackouts.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2014, 12:34 PM
I think they need to start winning quick because I am sick and tired of this horse **** losing already.

SpikedLemonade
04-29-2014, 01:07 PM
If that's the case, then the team better start winning real quick or else there are going to be a lot of empty seats and TV blackouts.

If you believe you are a major league city, then you pay major league prices regardless of whether the team wins or loses.

When black outs become the norm the team will eventually move in the long term with the support of the NFL owners.

Now is the time to open your wallet rather than your mouth if you are a Bills fan.

gr8slayer
04-29-2014, 07:28 PM
As they should, I'm pissed that I pay so much more for mine than you all do in Buffalo!

BillsImpossible
04-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Compared to Sabres ticket prices, Bills ticket prices are cheap.

41 home games vs. 8.

Come on!

OpIv37
04-29-2014, 09:19 PM
As they should, I'm pissed that I pay so much more for mine than you all do in Buffalo!

Well at least you get a higher quality product on the field... Oh wait, never mind.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2014, 11:46 PM
I couldn't care less. I'll never go to a game again. Too many drunk a-holes to deal with. It used to be a ton of fun when I was that drunk a-hole. Over the past few years I realized what a fool I made of myself. Oh yeah, and the Bills always suck. 12 years of suck was enough for me to stop buying season tickets. I'd rather watch the game in my air conditioned/heated house in the recliner.

Topas
04-30-2014, 03:11 AM
you should only be allowed to raise ticket prices when you had a winning record during the last year...

Historian
04-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Perhaps someone can sue them for "mental anguish" for blacking the games out....

DesertFox24
04-30-2014, 08:53 AM
The prices are going to rise and will go even higher when the new owner comes in.

If he wants to move the team he will have to move the ticket prices to around league average or slightly higher. When the fans stop coming he will use that data as a justification to move the team.

Too be honest it will be sound logic and the other owners will have a hard time telling him he cannot move the team if that happens.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2014, 09:03 AM
I couldn't care less. I'll never go to a game again. Too many drunk a-holes to deal with. It used to be a ton of fun when I was that drunk a-hole. Over the past few years I realized what a fool I made of myself. Oh yeah, and the Bills always suck. 12 years of suck was enough for me to stop buying season tickets. I'd rather watch the game in my air conditioned/heated house in the recliner.

Thanks for letting us know!

BertSquirtgum
04-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for wasting your money so I can watch them on tv.

trapezeus
04-30-2014, 01:12 PM

i love how you say this like:
1. no other team has to raise their prices or can raise their prics
2. that that proves your thesis that th ebills need to leave buffalo.

these increase gouge at the non season ticket holders and opposing fans who travel in.

ticket prices always move up...a claim that they'll increase over 10Y isn't a revelation.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2014, 02:21 PM
IF, and its a big IF, this helps them be able to stay solvent and field a winner I am all for it.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2014, 03:12 PM
i love how you say this like:
1. no other team has to raise their prices or can raise their prics
2. that that proves your thesis that th ebills need to leave buffalo.

these increase gouge at the non season ticket holders and opposing fans who travel in.

ticket prices always move up...a claim that they'll increase over 10Y isn't a revelation.

Let me be more specific -- the Bills will raise the ticket prices to the average NFL ticket prices over the next 6 years.

I believe Bills fans will pay those prices in the short term in fear that the team may move when the lease is over.

Crap it will still be a cheap day out given you are bringing your own booze and food to the game.

trapezeus
04-30-2014, 03:25 PM
Let me be more specific -- the Bills will raise the ticket prices to the average NFL ticket prices over the next 6 years.

I believe Bills fans will pay those prices in the short term in fear that the team may move when the lease is over.

Crap it will still be a cheap day out given you are bringing your own booze and food to the game.

and that may not be true based on the language in the lease agreement. it had been stated at the time of the agreement that NYS subsidizes part of the ticket prices. as long as prices stay in a certain range and don't move up any year by a particular amount, nys provides a fee to the team.

it's not in the bills interest to increase the prices beyond their guaranteed stream from the state.

this increase is more based on the tiered system. it picks off traveling fans of opposing teams and it might incentivize people who buy 2-3 games to just get season tickets.

this mostly comes off as a non-event.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2014, 04:05 PM
and that may not be true based on the language in the lease agreement. it had been stated at the time of the agreement that NYS subsidizes part of the ticket prices. as long as prices stay in a certain range and don't move up any year by a particular amount, nys provides a fee to the team.

Could you please provide a link for this specific part?

It is not that I don't believe you but you have brought this up before and I have never read it elsewhere.

I am aware of the cheap rent (or no rent in previous years) and the leasehold contributions but a specific ticket subsidy from the State I have never heard of.

I would welcome to learn about it.

TacklingDummy
04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Should at least raise prices $10 higher than the league average.

trapezeus
05-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Could you please provide a link for this specific part?

It is not that I don't believe you but you have brought this up before and I have never read it elsewhere.

I am aware of the cheap rent (or no rent in previous years) and the leasehold contributions but a specific ticket subsidy from the State I have never heard of.

I would welcome to learn about it.

when the lease was signed, there was a link to the actual agreement and someone had an article flagging interesting parts of the agreement. i can not find this, but i remember it was a factor in ticketing. if i find it over next couple days, i will link it.

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2014, 10:40 AM
when the lease was signed, there was a link to the actual agreement and someone had an article flagging interesting parts of the agreement. i can not find this, but i remember it was a factor in ticketing. if i find it over next couple days, i will link it.

Thanks.

You have to admit that it would be odd for a government to subsidize a ticket price?

stuckincincy
05-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks.

You have to admit that it would be odd for a government to subsidize a ticket price?

The ticket price for just about any passenger train, subway, bus system etc. have substantial gov't subsidies.

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
The ticket price for just about any passenger train, subway, bus system etc. have substantial gov't subsidies.

Much more of a necessity than attending a NFL game don't you think?

I have trouble understanding why a state government would give a NFL team money if it keeps its ticket prices low.

stuckincincy
05-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Much more of a necessity than attending a NFL game don't you think?

I have trouble understanding why a state government would give a NFL team money if it keeps its ticket prices low.

Public funding of transportation is not a necessity.

trapezeus
05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
it's the negotiation. NYS wants the team in the state. there are a lot of votes that count on it. So it doesn't strike me as odd. Plus, NYS puts a lot of money in. They provide the team a smoothing out of revenue volatility that hte team would otherwise be subject to. NYS saves face by saying, "we got a deal for the average fan."

It makes sense to me when it's put in a full package of lease details.