• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Justin Gilbert CB Ok St

Ok Bills fans....

I want to know what your feelings are if the Bills go and draft the best CB in this draft.

Physical CB that has blazing speed. Would make a for a very nice trio of CB's for the Bills.
    Gilmore, McKelvin, and Gilbert..

Gilbert reminds me of Patrick Peterson coming out of LSU...
    I have to say this is 1 of my favorite players in this draft.....

SO let me hear what you think!!!
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Justin Gilbert CB Ok St

To me, its not an area of need - if one of top tackles, LBs or WRs (or even Ebron) are there, I think we need to go after one of them - especially the tackles. People love to hate on EJ, so why not give him an actual line that can 1) open holes for the run game, which they didnt last year and 2) give EJ time to find the weapons we have right now.

I wouldnt hate Gilbert but there are areas that need addressing first IMO.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
      Ok Bills fans....

I want to know what your feelings are if the Bills go and draft the best CB in this draft.

Physical CB that has blazing speed. Would make a for a very nice trio of CB's for the Bills.
      Gilmore, McKelvin, and Gilbert..

Gilbert reminds me of Patrick Peterson coming out of LSU...
      I have to say this is 1 of my favorite players in this draft.....

SO let me hear what you think!!!
      I like OLs Matthews and Robinson within the 1st 9 selections. I'm not a fan of Lewan. If they are gone, Gilbert is in the running, for sure. BUF gets the #9 pick until round 6, AFAIK.
      Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-30-2014, 12:29 PM.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
        To me, its not an area of need - if one of top tackles, LBs or WRs (or even Ebron) are there, I think we need to go after one of them - especially the tackles. People love to hate on EJ, so why not give him an actual line that can 1) open holes for the run game, which they didnt last year and 2) give EJ time to find the weapons we have right now.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I wouldn't hate it, but I think there's better options.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Won't be happy at all. It sounds great to me, but I rather have the best LB, DT or DE, in this particular order, if we go defense. It doesn't matter in my opinión to have the best CBs in the league, if we do not put presure on the other teams Qb or we can't stop the run with our DLine o LBs.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

I wouldn't hate it either since your 3rd CB is basically a starter and we always seem to have injuries at CB. However, CB is another position that seems to be very deep like WR and OT, so I'd rather see us grab a CB later in the draft.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
              Won't be happy at all. It sounds great to me, but I rather have the best LB, DT or DE, in this particular order, if we go defense. It doesn't matter in my opinión to have the best CBs in the league, if we do not put presure on the other teams Qb or we can't stop the run with our DLine o LBs.
              I don't see much LB/DE talent in the top of the draft that isn't being peddled as a pass rusher first. The Pittsburgh player Donald Arnold as DT might be a decent choice. The club has been on the outs for 14 years - I think BPA is what they are stuck with.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post

I agree with you a lot..
                I feel the QB may fall making teams grab all the top OT'S...

If the Bills pass on a OT I think that Chris Hairston is healthy and they feel real good about him...
                But wouldn't be mad if the Bills took any of the guys you mentioned.
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  I wouldn't hate it either since your 3rd CB is basically a starter and we always seem to have injuries at CB. However, CB is another position that seems to be very deep like WR and OT, so I'd rather see us grab a CB later in the draft.
                  If you have the #1 CB sitting there do u really wait and grab a #4-7 guy??
                  Gilbert is a Stud and 1 of my top 5 guys in the draft...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  I don't see much LB/DE talent in the top of the draft that isn't being peddled as a pass rusher first. The Pittsburgh player Donald Arnold as DT might be a decent choice. The club has been on the outs for 14 years - I think BPA is what they are stuck with.
                  I like Aaron Donald a lot...
                  Wouldn't be mad if the Bills grabbed him..
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Don't think we need a cornerback at nine, it's a pretty deep squad right now, and would rather get a different position that is screaming for a talent upgrade. Wouldn't like the pick if there is still a decent OT, DT or WR on the board still, but wouldn't hate it completely.

If Buffalo passes on one of the above in favor of Gilbert, he damn well better be the second coming of Revis, Bailey or Houston.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
                      If you have the #1 CB sitting there do u really wait and grab a #4-7 guy??
                      Gilbert is a Stud and 1 of my top 5 guys in the draft...
                      Yeah, ideally I would rather draft a different position since we already have two starting CB's that are signed for at least a couple more years and signed Graham in free agency.

I like Gilbert, but I wouldn't put him in my top 5. If I have the chance to grab one of the best players at another position and still get a talented CB later, I'd rather do that.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        Yeah, ideally I would rather draft a different position since we already have two starting CB's that are signed for at least a couple more years and signed Graham in free agency.

I like Gilbert, but I wouldn't put him in my top 5. If I have the chance to grab one of the best players at another position and still get a talented CB later, I'd rather do that.
                        Wont argue with your thought,,,
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Einstein
                          Insanity
                          over and over
                          different results.

Comment