PDA

View Full Version : Draft Plan A, B, & C at #9

Night Train
05-01-2014, 05:10 PM
List your wish list/guess with the projection of 8 players already off the board and staying put with the pick.

mine.. with Ourlads overall rankings

Plan A - Any of the 3 OT's left from Matthews (#2), Lewan (#4) and Robinson (#5)

Plan B - DT/DE Aaron Donald (#10)- impact player at any position on the DL

Plan C - Either of the ND D Lineman - Tuitt ( #11) or Nix (#12)

Mr. Pink
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Eric Ebron.

mayotm
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Eric Ebron.At least you have now positioned yourself to ***** about any pick at 9 other than Ebron.

The Beef
05-01-2014, 05:31 PM
A) Ebron - I'm split between he and Matthews, an impact tight end is just too tempting IMO.

B) Matthews - It's very possible he doesn't make it this far. Lewan should be productive as a RT, I'm not thrilled with him though.

C) Mosley, Barr, or Shazier - I don't expect anything out of Rivers. Kiko and Shazier would be a feat combo on nickel looks. They can both cover a ton of ground.

D) Manziel - I think he's a gamer and a winner. I wouldn't be married to EJ by any stretch. I think Johnny Football will manage to win his fair share of games.

YardRat
05-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Assuming Clowney, Watkins and Mack are gone...

Plan A--Matthews or Robinson.
Plan B--Donald or Evans
Plan C--Deone Bucannon or Jernigan

tatersalad
05-01-2014, 07:10 PM
a: matthews
B: Evans
c: Mosley

jimbohastle51
05-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Mike Evans - prepare for the future now because one of sj13 or mike Williams will be gone after this season given their salaries after this coming season.

Zack Martin - plug and play at right tackle, guard, or center from day one. VERSATILITY!!

Eric Ebron - upgrage at the position and would give the bills 2 solid pass catching tight ends to go with Lee smith (the primary blocking tight end).

Mr. Pink
05-02-2014, 12:15 AM
At least you have now positioned yourself to ***** about any pick at 9 other than Ebron.

The three tackles will be gone, the top two wr's will likely be gone, mack and clowney will be gone and one of the QBs.

This team doesn't need another DT. They don't need to panic and take the 4th best tackle. There's not a huge need to draft Dix or Gilbert.

What's that really leave the team to do? Take Barr or Mosley? Take Manziel or Bridgewater?

The logical choice is going to be to take Ebron, the best player at his position and in a position where we are weak overall. Plus nothing is better for a young QB then a nice safety net who can get open over the middle of the field.

better days
05-02-2014, 04:32 AM
The three tackles will be gone, the top two wr's will likely be gone, mack and clowney will be gone and one of the QBs.

This team doesn't need another DT. They don't need to panic and take the 4th best tackle. There's not a huge need to draft Dix or Gilbert.

What's that really leave the team to do? Take Barr or Mosley? Take Manziel or Bridgewater?

The logical choice is going to be to take Ebron, the best player at his position and in a position where we are weak overall. Plus nothing is better for a young QB then a nice safety net who can get open over the middle of the field.

In a worse case scenario as you describe, I think the best thing to do would be to trade down.

swiper
05-02-2014, 04:33 AM
List your wish list/guess with the projection of 8 players already off the board and staying put with the pick.

mine.. with Ourlads overall rankings

Plan A - Any of the 3 OT's left from Matthews (#2), Lewan (#4) and Robinson (#5)

Plan B - DT/DE Aaron Donald (#10)- impact player at any position on the DL

Plan C - Either of the ND D Lineman - Tuitt ( #11) or Nix (#12)

What happened to you wanting Ebron?

Mr. Pink
05-02-2014, 09:43 AM
In a worse case scenario as you describe, I think the best thing to do would be to trade down.

I don't feel that's a worse case scenario, I feel it's a realistic scenario of the top 8 picks. Might be why the Bills want to move up if they're eyeing one of those tackles. There's no one else that really makes sense, in my opinion, to go in the top 8 besides the 8 I listed.

I do agree that trading down would be the best thing as unless the team you're trading down with takes Ebron, he should be available around the 13 area. Thing is if you move further down from there, he'll likely be gone and I guess it's not too terrible if the move is to the late teens with another third round pick to take Martin.

The Jokeman
05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
I don't feel that's a worse case scenario, I feel it's a realistic scenario of the top 8 picks. Might be why the Bills want to move up if they're eyeing one of those tackles. There's no one else that really makes sense, in my opinion, to go in the top 8 besides the 8 I listed.

I do agree that trading down would be the best thing as unless the team you're trading down with takes Ebron, he should be available around the 13 area. Thing is if you move further down from there, he'll likely be gone and I guess it's not too terrible if the move is to the late teens with another third round pick to take Martin.

I think it's a "worst case scenario" for the Bills as it gives us the least flexibility. I'm hoping a top 3 OT falls to us but you might be right they might all be gone as even last year most expected Lane Johnson to fall further then 4 and year after year it seems I'm crying to take an OT with our top pick and almost every year that guy is gone by the time we pick. Yet with so many teams above us needing a QB the law of averages says that an OT should slip. If not then we might have to settle on Ebron which isn't horrible as think he has the makings to be a great TE it's just I don't see him being a "difference maker" in 2014. I'm not really sold on Martin if we trade down I'd much rather trade further down and take someone like Cyrus Kouandjio then go safe with Martin. As Martin to me reminds me a bit of Levitre in that he's above average but may never be elite.

trapezeus
05-02-2014, 10:09 AM
For Me at 9 with no trade ups or downs:

plan a: OL
Plan B: evans if still on board. ebron has some warts, i'd rather take a different TE later.
plan c: if we can't get a top 2 OL, and the top 2 WR are off board, AND bridgewater is still on the board in a slide, i think it would be a big mistake to pass on the guy. i get that you don't pick qb's two times in two years, but an epic slide for a guy who is falling for no real reason seems like a great pick up and hedges the EJ injury risk quite significantly. it also puts one more guy into the hopper to develop with less pressure of starting.

i'm fairly certain plan c won't even present itself. but i just don't like going into the season with injury prone EJ and thad.

The Jokeman
05-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Plan B: evans if still on board. ebron has some warts, i'd rather take a different TE later.
plan c: if we can't get a top 2 OL, and the top 2 WR are off board, AND bridgewater is still on the board in a slide, i think it would be a big mistake to pass on the guy. i get that you don't pick qb's two times in two years, but an epic slide for a guy who is falling for no real reason seems like a great pick up and hedges the EJ injury risk quite significantly. it also puts one more guy into the hopper to develop with less pressure of starting.

i'm fairly certain plan c won't even present itself. but i just don't like going into the season with injury prone EJ and thad.

Bridgewater's slide is reminiscent of Geno Smith's slide last year. Mind you I was in the camp that wanted us to draft Geno at pick 8 last year. In retrospect I'm glad we didn't. Am I 100% sold on EJ? No but at the same time I'm not ready to toss him aside as not sold anyone in this draft is a better prospect. I mean if these QB prospects were that great then there's no way they'd be falling to us at 9 with so many teams above us needing a QB.

Kenny
05-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Assumming Watkins, Mack and Clowney are gone

Plan A - Matthews or Robinson
Plan B - Mike Evans
Plan C - Ebron

HAMMER
05-02-2014, 10:48 AM
A-Matthews
B-Lewan
C-Your mama

GvilleBills
05-02-2014, 01:13 PM
What happened to you wanting Ebron?

I was going to post something, but now my brain is filled with Wonder Woman. That was such a great time to be a kid...
Best. GIF. Ever.

Night Train
05-02-2014, 04:00 PM
I believed the Bills were looking at Ebron and may still be.

My picks I believe are better players and will make a far greater impact, short and long term.

swiper
05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
There will very likely be a team or two trading up in front of the Bills to get a QB or one of the top 4 players. Still true to today is the fact that a very good player will likely drop into the Bills lap. If it fills a need all the better.

Novacane
05-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Do you think Bridgewater will go in the top 8?

The Jokeman
05-02-2014, 10:43 PM
There will very likely be a team or two trading up in front of the Bills to get a QB or one of the top 4 players. Still true to today is the fact that a very good player will likely drop into the Bills lap. If it fills a need all the better.

I don't see any teams behind us trading up to take a QB, as here's who's drafting behind us.

10. Detroit Lions
11. Tennessee Titans
12. New York Giants
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Chicago Bears
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Dallas Cowboys
17. Baltimore Ravens
18. New York Jets
19. Miami Dolphins
20. Arizona Cardinals
21. Green Bay Packers
22. Philadelphia Eagles
23. Kansas City Chiefs
24. Cincinnati Bengals
25. San Diego Chargers
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts)
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Carolina Panthers
29. New England Patriots
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. Denver Broncos
32. Seattle Seahawks

The only team that "needs" a QB drafting after us are the Titans.

YardRat
05-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Cleveland...maybe Dallas

swiper
05-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Cleveland...maybe Dallas

Arizona

Most teams are not like the Bills - who wait until they have to draft AND start a rookie right away. Typically a team will draft a guy to develop behind their current starter. The Bills are terrible with QBs.

YardRat
05-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Arizona

Most teams are not like the Bills - who wait until they have to draft AND start a rookie right away. Typically a team will draft a guy to develop behind their current starter. The Bills are terrible with QBs.

Most teams that grab a first round QB expect them to start day 1. Teams that draft QB's later and try to develop them get *****ed at for not addressing the position.

swiper
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Most teams that grab a first round QB expect them to start day 1. Teams that draft QB's later and try to develop them get *****ed at for not addressing the position.

That's not always the case. Moreso now, yes. But not always. Really kinda changed after the year Eli, Rivers, and Roethlisberger came out.

How many QB careers were ruined by the search for instant gratification? David Carr for one.