• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Draft Plan A, B, & C at #9

List your wish list/guess with the projection of 8 players already off the board and staying put with the pick.

mine.. with Ourlads overall rankings

Plan A - Any of the 3 OT's left from Matthews (#2), Lewan (#4) and Robinson (#5)

Plan B - DT/DE Aaron Donald (#10)- impact player at any position on the DL

Plan C - Either of the ND D Lineman - Tuitt ( #11) or Nix (#12)
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Draft Plan A, B, & C at #9

Eric Ebron.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      Eric Ebron.
      At least you have now positioned yourself to ***** about any pick at 9 other than Ebron.

Comment

• The Beef
        • Sep 2011

A) Ebron - I'm split between he and Matthews, an impact tight end is just too tempting IMO.

B) Matthews - It's very possible he doesn't make it this far. Lewan should be productive as a RT, I'm not thrilled with him though.

C) Mosley, Barr, or Shazier - I don't expect anything out of Rivers. Kiko and Shazier would be a feat combo on nickel looks. They can both cover a ton of ground.

D) Manziel - I think he's a gamer and a winner. I wouldn't be married to EJ by any stretch. I think Johnny Football will manage to win his fair share of games.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Assuming Clowney, Watkins and Mack are gone...

Plan A--Matthews or Robinson.
          Plan B--Donald or Evans
          Plan C--Deone Bucannon or Jernigan
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tatersalad
            • Apr 2008

a: matthews
            B: Evans
            c: Mosley

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Mike Evans - prepare for the future now because one of sj13 or mike Williams will be gone after this season given their salaries after this coming season.

Zack Martin - plug and play at right tackle, guard, or center from day one. VERSATILITY!!

Eric Ebron - upgrage at the position and would give the bills 2 solid pass catching tight ends to go with Lee smith (the primary blocking tight end).

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
                At least you have now positioned yourself to ***** about any pick at 9 other than Ebron.
                The three tackles will be gone, the top two wr's will likely be gone, mack and clowney will be gone and one of the QBs.

This team doesn't need another DT. They don't need to panic and take the 4th best tackle. There's not a huge need to draft Dix or Gilbert.

What's that really leave the team to do? Take Barr or Mosley? Take Manziel or Bridgewater?

The logical choice is going to be to take Ebron, the best player at his position and in a position where we are weak overall. Plus nothing is better for a young QB then a nice safety net who can get open over the middle of the field.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

The three tackles will be gone, the top two wr's will likely be gone, mack and clowney will be gone and one of the QBs.

This team doesn't need another DT. They don't need to panic and take the 4th best tackle. There's not a huge need to draft Dix or Gilbert.

What's that really leave the team to do? Take Barr or Mosley? Take Manziel or Bridgewater?

The logical choice is going to be to take Ebron, the best player at his position and in a position where we are weak overall. Plus nothing is better for a young QB then a nice safety net who can get open over the middle of the field.
                  In a worse case scenario as you describe, I think the best thing to do would be to trade down.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    List your wish list/guess with the projection of 8 players already off the board and staying put with the pick.

mine.. with Ourlads overall rankings

Plan A - Any of the 3 OT's left from Matthews (#2), Lewan (#4) and Robinson (#5)

Plan B - DT/DE Aaron Donald (#10)- impact player at any position on the DL

Plan C - Either of the ND D Lineman - Tuitt ( #11) or Nix (#12)
                    What happened to you wanting Ebron?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      In a worse case scenario as you describe, I think the best thing to do would be to trade down.
                      I don't feel that's a worse case scenario, I feel it's a realistic scenario of the top 8 picks. Might be why the Bills want to move up if they're eyeing one of those tackles. There's no one else that really makes sense, in my opinion, to go in the top 8 besides the 8 I listed.

I do agree that trading down would be the best thing as unless the team you're trading down with takes Ebron, he should be available around the 13 area. Thing is if you move further down from there, he'll likely be gone and I guess it's not too terrible if the move is to the late teens with another third round pick to take Martin.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

I don't feel that's a worse case scenario, I feel it's a realistic scenario of the top 8 picks. Might be why the Bills want to move up if they're eyeing one of those tackles. There's no one else that really makes sense, in my opinion, to go in the top 8 besides the 8 I listed.

I do agree that trading down would be the best thing as unless the team you're trading down with takes Ebron, he should be available around the 13 area. Thing is if you move further down from there, he'll likely be gone and I guess it's not too terrible if the move is to the late teens with another third round pick to take Martin.
                        I think it's a "worst case scenario" for the Bills as it gives us the least flexibility. I'm hoping a top 3 OT falls to us but you might be right they might all be gone as even last year most expected Lane Johnson to fall further then 4 and year after year it seems I'm crying to take an OT with our top pick and almost every year that guy is gone by the time we pick. Yet with so many teams above us needing a QB the law of averages says that an OT should slip. If not then we might have to settle on Ebron which isn't horrible as think he has the makings to be a great TE it's just I don't see him being a "difference maker" in 2014. I'm not really sold on Martin if we trade down I'd much rather trade further down and take someone like Cyrus Kouandjio then go safe with Martin. As Martin to me reminds me a bit of Levitre in that he's above average but may never be elite.
                        Last edited by The Jokeman; 05-02-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

For Me at 9 with no trade ups or downs:

plan a: OL
                          Plan B: evans if still on board. ebron has some warts, i'd rather take a different TE later.
                          plan c: if we can't get a top 2 OL, and the top 2 WR are off board, AND bridgewater is still on the board in a slide, i think it would be a big mistake to pass on the guy. i get that you don't pick qb's two times in two years, but an epic slide for a guy who is falling for no real reason seems like a great pick up and hedges the EJ injury risk quite significantly. it also puts one more guy into the hopper to develop with less pressure of starting.

i'm fairly certain plan c won't even present itself. but i just don't like going into the season with injury prone EJ and thad.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            For Me at 9 with no trade ups or downs:

plan a: OL
                            Plan B: evans if still on board. ebron has some warts, i'd rather take a different TE later.
                            plan c: if we can't get a top 2 OL, and the top 2 WR are off board, AND bridgewater is still on the board in a slide, i think it would be a big mistake to pass on the guy. i get that you don't pick qb's two times in two years, but an epic slide for a guy who is falling for no real reason seems like a great pick up and hedges the EJ injury risk quite significantly. it also puts one more guy into the hopper to develop with less pressure of starting.

i'm fairly certain plan c won't even present itself. but i just don't like going into the season with injury prone EJ and thad.
                            Bridgewater's slide is reminiscent of Geno Smith's slide last year. Mind you I was in the camp that wanted us to draft Geno at pick 8 last year. In retrospect I'm glad we didn't. Am I 100% sold on EJ? No but at the same time I'm not ready to toss him aside as not sold anyone in this draft is a better prospect. I mean if these QB prospects were that great then there's no way they'd be falling to us at 9 with so many teams above us needing a QB.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

Assumming Watkins, Mack and Clowney are gone

Plan A - Matthews or Robinson
                              Plan B - Mike Evans
                              Plan C - Ebron

Comment

Working...
                              X