PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland signs Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen

IlluminatusUIUC
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10868300/vince-young-sign-cleveland-browns

Digging through our garbage? Our QB garbage, no less? I'm worried about Pettine now. :rofl:

Don't Panic
05-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Interesting to see him grab two guys who he obviously had a decent feel for. They may just want to bring in a ton of bodies for good measure. We'll have a better ideas in a week.

Scumbag College
05-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I never thought that I'd hear those two names again in the NFL.

feldspar
05-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Funny that Alex Tanney, the trick-shot quarterback, is also on the Browns squad right now. Remember that the Bills had brought him in for a short while as well.

Skooby
05-01-2014, 10:22 PM
GP'in.

Mr. Pink
05-02-2014, 12:16 AM
The Browns only had one real QB on the roster in Hoyer, they had to bring some arms in.

No trick shot Tanney isn't a real QB. :rofl:

trapezeus
05-02-2014, 07:59 AM
i would imagine someone is cut a day or two after the draft is completed. this is the old "see, we're taking care of qb through the vet route, we don't need a qb in the draft." and then you draft a qb immediately in round 1 or 2 and cut thigpen on monday and probably young in mid july early august.

Bill Cody
05-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Those two guys are really quite different. Thigpen just isn't very talented. Vince is but he's not very bright and he has a questionable attitude. I would take a chance on Vince before Thigpen who is pretty much a waste of space. I know Vince has had a lot of chances but he's actually been a pretty productive player at times and obviously we're only talking back up QB here. If you gave him a 6 play playbook and 3 months to learn it and had him read 1/2 the field I think he come off the bench and win a game for you or maybe start a few games. You bring him in late like we did and you might as well test the offensive lineman on calculus iv while you're at it.

Historian
05-02-2014, 09:17 AM
You know, whenever I get down about being a Bills fan, and missing the playoffs for a decade and a half....I always think about our bretheren in Cleveland, and then I feel much better.

:)

The Jokeman
05-02-2014, 10:30 AM
At best the Browns just signed their 3rd QB. I guess they think they're trying to fool teams into thinking they still don't need to draft a QB in the 1st Round.

Homegrown
05-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Craig Nall signing now on the clock...