PDA

View Full Version : Bills may need QB in 2015, hold on to pick

TacklingDummy
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Why? The Bills need to save their top 2015 pick for a quarterback. Trading away that selection has the potential to set back the franchise in a way that having Clowney, Watkins or Mack wouldn’t overcome.

The Bills are in a critical second year of a rebuilding project. Their results this season could begin to determine the fate of coach Doug Marrone and general manager Doug Whaley, although it would take a significant downturn for either to be fired after this season. http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/9268/bills-shouldnt-clown-around-with-15-pick

TacklingDummy
05-04-2014, 07:17 AM
I nominate this thread for the HOF.

stuckincincy
05-04-2014, 07:23 AM

I second that. This is 2014 - everybody is a celebrity, hero, and gets a trophy for participation.

mayotm
05-04-2014, 08:23 AM
I nominate this thread for the HOF.Sure. This along with your many Matt Barkley threads / posts.

The Popcorn
05-04-2014, 09:15 AM
If this is "a critical second year of a rebuilding project", then the Bills are in no position to trade up. Trading down would make sense for a deep draft like this. I don't think they need to use their 2015 1st round on a QB either but this season will tell us.

Turf
05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
QB's will fall into their lap this year while drafting and they will foolishly pass.

TacklingDummy
05-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Sure. This along with your many Matt Barkley threads / posts.

Not sure I ever started a thread about Barkley. If I did its probably only 1.

stuckincincy
05-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Not sure I ever started a thread about Barkley. If I did its probably only 1.

Start one about Charles Barkley.

YardRat
05-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Trading up would = worst case scenario, IMO. Stay put, or trade down...there isn't anybody in this draft at the top end worth multiple picks from this year and next.

better days
05-05-2014, 07:11 AM

Sounds like you have been taking lessons from Mitch/Scooby with this post.

better days
05-05-2014, 07:22 AM
QB's will fall into their lap this year while drafting and they will foolishly pass.

The Bucs are said to be offering Mike Glennon for trade.

If the Bills could get him for a 4th or 5th, I would love that, or Mettenburger in that area of the draft would be great as well.

Whaley has said the Bills could draft a QB, just don't expect that to happen in the first rnd.

trapezeus
05-05-2014, 07:27 AM
i think if the bills trade up, their only goal is to "make the playoffs" this year. and they don't care if they are just a wildcard team scraping in with little chance to advance.

i realize the OP starts these kind of threads and it's half a joke...but i think it isn't the worst to believe the bills are kind of on track to develop a very good defense. the more depth they have, the better off they are. they aren't at the spot to trade up for the final piece.

i also think EJ is a blank check. he did nothing last year to inspire me for better things. and he did nothing to really get the bust tag.
this year is critical. if he's injured again, that's a clear sign he's a bust and the bills need to move on. and if he really stands on his head, the bills are still in a position where they need to get another qb who can sheppard the team to 2-3 wins if EJ is out.

stuckincincy
05-05-2014, 11:31 AM
The Bucs are said to be offering Mike Glennon for trade.

If the Bills could get him for a 4th or 5th, I would love that, or Mettenburger in that area of the draft would be great as well.

Whaley has said the Bills could draft a QB, just don't expect that to happen in the first rnd.

Do you think they have their eyes on Bridgewater?

trapezeus
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
bucs apparently are in love with manziel, if you trust the rumors.

i thought glennon looked pretty solid for a first year guy. calm, cool, collected. Not too glitzy with the numbers, but got better each week, from what i remember. i think they'd be crazy to trade him.

stuckincincy
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM

i thought glennon looked pretty solid for a first year guy. calm, cool, collected. Not too glitzy with the numbers, but got better each week, from what i remember. i think they'd be crazy to trade him.

Seemed to be...his stats weren't bad:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2013/1630353

better days
05-05-2014, 02:44 PM

I agree, but if they do trade him, I would like it to be to the Bills.