• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Kelly "Keep those prayers coming"

“Keep those prayers coming, I sure need them. Without you I wouldn’t be able to get through this,” he says into the camera. He ended saying, “I’m looking forward to the Bills draft on May 8th.”

Jill Kelly, explains on the post:

“It was a stretch for Jim to do this...but he wanted to thank everyone.
    He’s half-way there!
    Thank you so much for praying!”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...oming-20140503
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Kelly "Keep those prayers coming"

Sure will. The thought did occur to me that with 19 radiation sessions and only 2 chemo sessions, the focus seems to be more on the radiation. I'm not a doctor, but with my wife having gone through breast cancer, I've learned a little about treatment. Radiation is generally the treatment of choice when it has been determined that there has been no metasticising (cancer spread to a remote location in the body from the original site). Some types or cancer are far less prone to metasticise than others. Chemo is used either for stage 4 cancer that has metasticised or as a precaution. Radiation is thought not to be effective with cancer that has obviously metasticised because treating multiple locations would result in too much exposure to radiation. Therefore, it sounds like the recurrence of cancer that Jim Kelly has experienced is in the same general location, that they must have missed some cancerous cells in the surgery that he had the first time around. The chemo has been prescribed more as a precaution, to hopefully kill any stray cancer cells that have moved away from the primary site. I would say this is probably good news.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Famous Amos
      • Jul 2013

Re: Kelly "Keep those prayers coming"

Good luck to him. Seems like he has suffered quite a bit and still has a long road ahead of him. From personal family experience, cancer can bring your family together but can be draining both emotionally and physically (for the family members!).
      "Hate is a lack of imagination."
      -Graham Greene

Comment

Working...
      X