SD: S Calvin Pryor

CLE: CB Kyle Fuller.

Figster
05-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Bradley Robey

Kyle Fuller

mysticsoto
05-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Besides Defensive Tackle, Chargers most glaring need is in the secondary: CB Kyle Fuller

According to our draft, the Browns just picked up Manziel. So start giving him weapons to work with. WR Marquise Lee

EDS
05-05-2014, 09:55 AM
SD: K. Fuller
CLE: B. Robey

stuckincincy
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Besides Defensive Tackle, Chargers most glaring need is in the secondary: CB Kyle Fuller

According to our draft, the Browns just picked up Manziel. So start giving him weapons to work with. WR Marquise Lee

They sure do need a DT. I wonder if Nix will fall due to his late season knee surgery. I was torn between Fuller and Pryor - went with Pryor because I've seen a lot of his play.

mysticsoto
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM
If Nix is fine (100%) and their doctors can verify that, I could certainly see them taking him instead! But in this case, I went w/Fuller and would hope (as acting GM for SD) that they could maybe get DT Cullers in the 2nd.

stuckincincy
05-05-2014, 11:19 AM
If Nix is fine (100%) and their doctors can verify that, I could certainly see them taking him instead! But in this case, I went w/Fuller and would hope (as acting GM for SD) that they could maybe get DT Cullers in the 2nd.

At least per our draft here, things are shaping up for NE if they desire a DT - Nix and Hageman still being out there.

Lone Stranger
05-05-2014, 01:23 PM
SD = Fuller

Browns - Cody Latimer

YardRat
05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I'll go with dog...

SD=Bradley Robey

Cleve=Kyle Fuller

Mr. Pink
05-05-2014, 03:36 PM
SD - Nix

Cle - Latimer

swiper
05-05-2014, 04:59 PM
SD - Ealy
Clev - Nix

scartown
05-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Fuller
Roby

The Popcorn
05-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Fuller- CB

Pryor- S

clumping platelets
05-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Nix

Nix, Fuller

TacklingDummy
05-06-2014, 06:14 AM
San Diego Chargers - Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame

Cleveland Browns - Marqise Lee, WR, USC

TacklingDummy
05-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Im thinking the Browns are hoping Watkins is there at #3 and with #26 they will pick up whatever QB is left. Manziel could be available at that pick.

DraftBoy
05-06-2014, 06:33 AM
With the 25th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select CB Kyle Fuller!

Results:
Fuller - 5
Nix - 3
Roby - 2
Pryor - 1
Ealy - 1

With the 26th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select DT Louis Nix!

Results:
Fuller - 4 (PICKED AT PICK 25 - INELIGIBLE)
Nix - 3 (Swiper + Clump + DB Tiebreaker)
Lee - 2
Roby - 2
Latimer - 2
Pryor - 1

EDS
05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
With the 25th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the San Diego Chargers select CB Kyle Fuller!

Results:
Fuller - 5
Nix - 3
Roby - 2
Pryor - 1
Ealy - 1

With the 26th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select DT Louis Nix!

Results:
Fuller - 4 (PICKED AT PICK 25 - INELIGIBLE)
Nix - 3 (Swiper + Clump + DB Tiebreaker)
Lee - 2
Roby - 2
Latimer - 2
Pryor - 1

Why in the world would Cleveland pick Nix? Makes no sense.

DraftBoy
05-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Why in the world would Cleveland pick Nix? Makes no sense.

Keep in mind the scheme Pettine run which is straight hybrid. Cleveland only has two DT's on the roster in Taylor and Kitchen. Taylor is athletic enough to play anywhere on that three man line and Nix adds depth and talent. When they go four men on the line, having Taylor and Nix inside could be devastating. Also Rubin is aging and not near what he used to be.
Also could make a BPA argument assuming Nix is fully healthy.

EDS
05-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Keep in mind the scheme Pettine run which is straight hybrid. Cleveland only has two DT's on the roster in Taylor and Kitchen. Taylor is athletic enough to play anywhere on that three man line and Nix adds depth and talent. When they go four men on the line, having Taylor and Nix inside could be devastating. Also Rubin is aging and not near what he used to be.
Also could make a BPA argument assuming Nix is fully healthy.

No. Rubin is 27 years old, so if that is aging 50% of the players in the NFL are aging. Moreover, in addition to Taylor and Rubin, both 330 pounders, they have 320 pound John Hughes, so they are set with the big bodies. They also gave up only a modest 3.9 yards per carry last season so the infrastructure is already in place to be solid against the run.

CleveSteve
05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Agreed. DL pretty much at any point in the draft for Cleveland is a bad move. They already have seven above-average to very good players for three spots on the field.

DraftBoy
05-06-2014, 11:09 AM
No. Rubin is 27 years old, so if that is aging 50% of the players in the NFL are aging. Moreover, in addition to Taylor and Rubin, both 330 pounders, they have 320 pound John Hughes, so they are set with the big bodies. They also gave up only a modest 3.9 yards per carry last season so the infrastructure is already in place to be solid against the run.

I know how old he is, but look at the DL decline due to age they don't last like Kyle Williams has. He's right at the hump at this point.

Hughes had a good year, but you're still looking at a 2 deep DT rotation when Pettine goes with 4 DL which he did a lot in passing downs.

Last years production is irrelevant because of their scheme switch. Nobody is questioning their talent, but how that talent reacts to the new scheme is a big question mark.

DraftBoy
05-06-2014, 11:13 AM
I know how old he is, but look at the DL decline due to age they don't last like Kyle Williams has. He's right at the hump at this point.

Hughes had a good year, but you're still looking at a 2 deep DT rotation when Pettine goes with 4 DL which he did a lot in passing downs.

Last years production is irrelevant because of their scheme switch. Nobody is questioning their talent, but how that talent reacts to the new scheme is a big question mark.

That all being said is DT their biggest need? No, but having seen Nix up close and personal in 2012 and knowing what he can be I think he's the BPA if his medical is clean which I've been told it is.

EDS
05-06-2014, 11:53 AM

27 is not the hump, that is ridiculous. The Bills gave $100 million to a 27 year old Mario Williams. Even if Pettine wants to use 4 DL on passing downs, he for sure is not going to have that four person line be Rubin, Taylor, Hughes and Kitchen. One of those guys, sure, maybe two but he is more likely to want to get some combination of Paul Kruger, Jabaal Sheard, Barkevious Mingo and Desmond Bryant on the field in passing situations.