PDA

View Full Version : Eagles may want to move up

X-Era
05-05-2014, 08:29 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/05/eagles-may-trade-up-to-draft-a-first-round-receiver/

They hold pick 22 and may want Beckham. 1st and 2nd from the Eagles for th 9 pick? I wouldn't mind that.

I still think we're in play to move up for Watkins. New rumors are all 3 OT's go before Oak at 5. Cleve may be after Mack. Vikes may take Donald.

Night Train
05-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Trading up from #22 to #9 would cost the Eagles a 2nd and a 3rd.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldraftvalue/

IlluminatusUIUC
05-05-2014, 09:30 AM

The draft value chart is not gospel. It comes down to whatever the parties agree to.

However, the #22 and the #54 would be a pretty paltry return. Throw in another pick or Demeco Ryans or something.

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2014, 11:10 AM

Yes, in additional to swapping 1st round picks.

So we get their 1, 2 and 3 for our 1.

stuckincincy
05-05-2014, 11:14 AM

Seems like a steep price to me. Good deal for BUF, though.

DesertFox24
05-05-2014, 02:52 PM
They would not give us their third.

The bills would be smart to say their first and second in 2014 and third in 2015.

better days
05-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Seems like a steep price to me. Good deal for BUF, though.

Not as steep as the Bills would have to pay to move up far less spots.

Kenny
05-05-2014, 03:06 PM
The only way I trade down, is if all these guys are off the board first.

J. Clowney</SPAN></SPAN>
K. Mack</SPAN></SPAN>
G. Robinson</SPAN></SPAN>
J. Matthews</SPAN></SPAN>
T. Lewan</SPAN></SPAN>
S. Watkins</SPAN></SPAN>
M. Evans</SPAN></SPAN>
E. Ebron</SPAN></SPAN>

YardRat
05-05-2014, 03:11 PM
They would not give us their third.

The bills would be smart to say their first and second in 2014 and third in 2015.

With the supposed depth of this years draft, I'd take one, two, and either a fourth or a fifth for 2014.

better days
05-05-2014, 03:21 PM
With the supposed depth of this years draft, I'd take one, two, and either a fourth or a fifth for 2014.

If there is a guy there the Bills like, I would stay put or want a whole lot to move down.

In any case, a 4th or 5th won't cut it I would want at least a 2nd & 3rd to move down that much.

Night Train
05-05-2014, 04:26 PM

Indeed.

Many here have it right when they say if a certain group of guys are gone by #9, then it's a group of 10-15 guys basically rated the same overall, so people start drafting more for need.

At that point, take the trade down if offered. You'll still wind up with someone good at a need position. Dropping back to pick up additional Friday picks would be quite wise this year. Could wind up with some real good players in this deep draft and we need more talent.

The Jokeman
05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/05/eagles-may-trade-up-to-draft-a-first-round-receiver/

They hold pick 22 and may want Beckham. 1st and 2nd from the Eagles for th 9 pick? I wouldn't mind that.

I still think we're in play to move up for Watkins. New rumors are all 3 OT's go before Oak at 5. Cleve may be after Mack. Vikes may take Donald.

Let's see first we traded Jason Peters to the Eagles and who won that one? Not us. Then we traded them Holcomb, Takeo Spikes for Darwin Walker and more, who won that one? Not us again. Personally, I'd be okay with trading down but reserved doing it with the Eagles.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Then we traded them Holcomb, Takeo Spikes for Darwin Walker and more, who won that one? Not us again.

The "and more" was the pick we used to get Steve Johnson. I think we won that trade handily in hindsight.

The Jokeman
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
The "and more" was the pick we used to get Steve Johnson. I think we won that trade handily in hindsight.

It's debatable as had we kept Peters we likely wouldn't have to draft Demetrius Bell and could have used that pick on Stevie instead or we may have never drafted Eric Wang a few years later and could have used his pick on Antonio Brown or instead of taking Cordy Glenn we might have been able to take Alshon Jeffery. Personally I think it was a bad move as to me losing an elite LT for an average Center (Wood) and average WR (Stevie) is a net loss.

Woodman
05-05-2014, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't trade down with the Eagles it's 13 spots and that's just too damn far.

coastal
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Their first, second and third for our first?

do that deal right now and don't even think twice about it.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-05-2014, 09:03 PM
It's debatable as had we kept Peters we likely wouldn't have to draft Demetrius Bell and could have used that pick on Stevie instead or we may have never drafted Eric Wang a few years later and could have used his pick on Antonio Brown or instead of taking Cordy Glenn we might have been able to take Alshon Jeffery. Personally I think it was a bad move as to me losing an elite LT for an average Center (Wood) and average WR (Stevie) is a net loss.

Huh? The Peters trade was a disaster and I've never said otherwise. But we won the spikes trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? The Peters trade was a disaster and I've never said otherwise. But we won the spikes trade.