• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So Texans have questions about Clowney?

1. Ian Rapoport@RapSheet16 hrs
    2. If #Texans pass on Jadeveon Clowney, it sets up incredible drama at No. 2. Do #Rams take the star pass-rusher? Or auction their pick off?
    3. Expand Collapse

1. Reply

2. I believe I read a version of this thought process in @theMMQB 2 weeks ago (http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/21/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-monday-morning-quarterback/ …). Khalil Mack a name to watch this week.
    3. View summary Hide summary

1. Reply

2. After discussing the topic with people familiar with Rick Smith, it doesn’t appear #Texans are 100% sold on Clowney. Thus, willing to trade
    3. Expand Collapse

1. Reply

2. In talking to people who know #Texans GM Rick Smith well, I no longer believe it’s a certainty that Jadeveon Clowney would be their 1st pick
    3. Expand Collapse

Texans have a number of South Carolina defensive coaches on its staff. Other than drumming up interest to a trade, what does that say about Clowney?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: So Texans have questions about Clowney?

Nothing really.

Jason Braddock has already posted that Rick Smith told him months ago that he was going to blow smoke and leak stories to mislead the media and other teams. This all part of the process.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Nothing really.

Jason Braddock has already posted that Rick Smith told him months ago that he was going to blow smoke and leak stories to mislead the media and other teams. This all part of the process.
      If they have the first pick and don't have to worry about who's falling to them, why the need to have the smokescreen?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
        If they have the first pick and don't have to worry about who's falling to them, why the need to have the smokescreen?
        Because somebody could offer to Ditka their draft for the pick, why not send up smoke signals to see what gets kicked up?
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Because somebody could offer to Ditka their draft for the pick, why not send up smoke signals to see what gets kicked up?
          I'm not sure. If Clowney is a Bruce Smith, you draft him no matter what. Polian mentioned crazy offer for Peyton's pick; Indy got offers more than RGIII for Luck's pick; all turned down. The bottom line is if you have enough conviction, you know you got a franchise altering player, you pick him. After all, getting more picks is a way to increase the chance you get such a player.

Regardless, it is safe to say Houston does not have such a conviction for Clowney, even with more inside knowledge than other teams ...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

We're probably going to draft a safety & I'll need another TV.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              We're probably going to draft a safety & I'll need another TV.
              Ha-Ha.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                I'm not sure. If Clowney is a Bruce Smith, you draft him no matter what. Polian mentioned crazy offer for Peyton's pick; Indy got offers more than RGIII for Luck's pick; all turned down. The bottom line is if you have enough conviction, you know you got a franchise altering player, you pick him. After all, getting more picks is a way to increase the chance you get such a player.

Regardless, it is safe to say Houston does not have such a conviction for Clowney, even with more inside knowledge than other teams ...
                Big difference between a franchise QB and a franchise pass rusher.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                X