PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How Will You Watch the Draft - ESPN or NFL Network?

feldspar
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Which channel do you prefer to watch the draft on?

Just curious.

Tell me why...

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Not at all.

I will be playing hockey.

Glad to not be wasting my time watching that bore fest.

jimmifli
05-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I think I'll just watch this clip on a loop.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RaYgGSHJ5hM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Night Train
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
NFL Network

trapezeus
05-05-2014, 04:16 PM
whatever the bar selects.

swiper
05-05-2014, 04:29 PM
I'll flip. I'll spend most time on the one that's least annoying.

The Jokeman
05-05-2014, 05:15 PM
I tend to watch NFL Network and DVR ESPN but might flip after the Bills pick to see what the ESPN folk said about the Bills' selections. I think ESPN has some good guys but lost my affection for Berman a few years ago as his "cabbie schtick" grew old.

GingerP
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM
I'll watch primarily NFL Network, but flip to ESPN occasionally. I'd be OK with ESPN if not for Berman. I'm not sure why he does this event anymore, he is terrible. He talks way too much and rarely has anything to say. He lost his fastball years ago and just rambles now. I can't watch the guy, he is absolutely terrible.

Ed
05-06-2014, 12:02 AM
I think I prefer NFL network more at this point, but usually flip back and forth. I'm out of town for work this week though, so I'm stuck with just ESPN.

bleve
05-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Not at all.

I will be playing hockey.

Glad to not be wasting my time watching that bore fest.
If the first round draft was on a Friday, I'd have the same excuse.

stuckincincy
05-06-2014, 04:51 AM
I'll flip. I'll spend most time on the one that's least annoying.

Good luck!

YardRat
05-06-2014, 05:23 AM
NFLN...Rich Eisen is a hoot.

coastal
05-06-2014, 05:36 AM
Is twitter still going to know before the rest if us who don't do that ****?

Lefty2985
05-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Nfl network. I hate espn personally.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2014, 07:55 AM
If the first round draft was on a Friday, I'd have the same excuse.

Haha

I am kind of glad because if I didn't have hockey I would waste my whole night watching it of course!

mrbojanglezs
05-06-2014, 08:03 AM
I like Mayock and Charles Davis so NFL

superbills
05-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Whichever site isn't in commercial for the Bills' pick! :up:

DraftBoy
05-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Is twitter still going to know before the rest if us who don't do that ****?

Apparently both NFLN and ESPN have committed to not tipping first round picks.

No telling what the guys at Fox (Jay Glazer), CBS (La Canfora), or Yahoo are going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Mayock and Charles Davis so NFL

Charles Davis is so great.

Historian
05-06-2014, 09:50 AM
I avoid whichever network has Kiper on it.

Lone Stranger
05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
My preference is Mayock & Co but I'll be using the remote.

Fixxxer
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
NFL network on the internet.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I'll flip around from watching other shows on TV to when the Bills pick and after that I don't watch at all. After the 1st round pick the draft it pretty much boring.

The nice thing about being a Bills fan the draft is pretty much over after the 11th pick to waste the night watching.

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Mayock >>> Kiper

I do enjoy Gruden though

stuckincincy
05-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Whichever site isn't in commercial for the Bills' pick! :up:

Nailed it in one!

Like Ralphie said, "A crummy commercial...son of a bit*h!"

Forward_Lateral
05-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Both probably. I like NFL network's coverage better, but i also like listening to Gruden and Berman

MJones83
05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Mostly NFLN but I'll flip back and forth. I'm not a fan of Kiper but I really don't like Todd McShay.

CoolBreeze
05-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Apparently both NFLN and ESPN have committed to not tipping first round picks.

No telling what the guys at Fox (Jay Glazer), CBS (La Canfora), or Yahoo are going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Charles Davis is so great.

That makes me happy. They destroy the point of watching the draft when they do that. If there was no suspense and surpise, the draft would be garbage to watch. Thank you I was gonna ask if anyone knew if one or the other was going to hint the pick. When they show the prospects on the phone it ruins it completely.

CoolBreeze
05-07-2014, 11:55 AM
NFL network will be my main channel. But I'd be lying if I said ESPN wouldn't find it's way on my TV. I enjoy Berman and Gruden but I despise McShay and Kiper

trapezeus
05-07-2014, 12:08 PM
That makes me happy. They destroy the point of watching the draft when they do that. If there was no suspense and surpise, the draft would be garbage to watch. Thank you I was gonna ask if anyone knew if one or the other was going to hint the pick. When they show the prospects on the phone it ruins it completely.

it's like watching the oscars and having one of the auditors walk up to the best actor to let them know they won. it would be more fun if a team had the pick, they showed the 2 or 3 options the teams are supposedly looking at, talk over the highlight package for those players and then just show the commish going up to say who the winner is. Then they show you the behind the scenes footage after that team has picked.

MTBillsFan
05-07-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't have cable...so it looks like twitter for me.

CoolBreeze
05-07-2014, 12:17 PM
it's like watching the oscars and having one of the auditors walk up to the best actor to let them know they won. it would be more fun if a team had the pick, they showed the 2 or 3 options the teams are supposedly looking at, talk over the highlight package for those players and then just show the commish going up to say who the winner is. Then they show you the behind the scenes footage after that team has picked.

Agreed, that's a good idea. I think last year they did well not tipping the pick. It wasn't long before that they were awful you'd know who the pick was 3 minutes before the actual announcment.

DraftBoy
05-08-2014, 06:55 AM
I don't have cable...so it looks like twitter for me.

I think both ESPN and NFLN are live streaming their draft coverage.

DraftBoy
05-08-2014, 06:56 AM

I think there is a lot they could do to help make the coverage better. The issue is the wide range of fans you have. I'd love a more drilled down technical draft show that broke down tape and showed the strengths and weaknesses but you'd alienate 90% of the audience with that kind of a show.

Dr. Who
05-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Though I appreciate Berman is a Bills fan of some sort, I find him difficult to listen to. In general, ESPN annoys me, but my basic cable doesn't have NFL Network, so I'm watching Kiper and Co.