PDA

View Full Version : Kelly's people and Trump meet to discuss possible Bills bid

DetDannyWilliams
05-05-2014, 06:08 PM
BUFFALO, NY - Two On Your Side's Adam Benigni has learned that Jim Kelly's brother and attorney met with Donald Trump as recently as last week to discuss possibly joining Trump's bid to purchase the Buffalo Bills.
Benigni also learned at least five other groups have contacted the former Buffalo Bills quarterback about joining their bid to buy the Bills.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2014/05/05/trump-bills-kelly-schumer-poloncarz-nfl/8723363/

The Jokeman
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
As much as hate to bring it up but Jim Kelly's business ventures usually aren't a good thing, see 1) Sports City Grill 2) His agency that Michael Vick walked away from and 3) His pyramid scheme he used to work for on tv all bring up horrible memories but hey if he's playing with Donald Trump's money who cares right?

Don't Panic
05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Not a fan of a Trump bid. The only way we do this the right on the field is with a top notch owner off it. I don't see him being able to get past himself long enough to do what's necessary to win it all.

mightysimi
05-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Well if anyone can get the real estate deal for the stadium done...

trapezeus
05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
dislike trump at all costs.

Turf
05-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I would take Trump simply because he would want to win. I don't have that confidence with Golisano and some other possible owners in it for the investment.

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Does this mean that Kelly and "his group," who apparently can't be all that huge if their courting investors that can buy the team on their own, aren't talking to Golisano and Quinn?

If not, then why not?

Possibly because there are issues with them too?

I don't know, just asking the question, but it would seem to me that if Golisano and/or Quinn were interested, Kelly would go there first, particularly given Trump's background regarding the USFL.

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I would take Trump simply because he would want to win. I don't have that confidence with Golisano and some other possible owners in it for the investment.

I would be more hopeful with Trump in that way too. If his business MO would apply to the Bills as it did to his other businesses, then I can see him firing people if they don't start winning, perhaps when he buys the team even.