PDA

View Full Version : What would your take be if ...

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:25 PM
... the team moved just across the border into Ontario, say Niagara Falls Canada, St. Catherines, or worst case Hamilton?

I'm just curious and happen to think that this will be the outcome. The NFL has made it brazenly blatant that they want the NFL to be international. I don't see how that's going to happen in England before it does in Canada for one. Secondly, there's so much money in Toronto that it dwarfs anything in WNY and Rochester and Buffalo combined. As we know, money talks and the NFL revolves around money.

Anyway, I'm just curious how people would react if that happened.

Novacane
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
I would hate it.

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Respond to the poll.

better days
05-06-2014, 03:31 PM
I voted I would not be a fan of that team.

Now explain your reason for this thread.

Night Train
05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
They would be dead to me. I'd just watch more college ball.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-06-2014, 03:36 PM
This team is the Buffalo Bills, not the WNY/S. Ontario Bills. I know, I know, they currently play in Orchard Park, but even that is a burb of Buffalo and is in the Buffalo Metropolitan/Statistical/whatever area. Honestly, I'm about done with NFL football and most pro-sports as it is. NCAA hoops is better, a playoff system for NCAA FBS is going to make that better. So yeah, if the Bills relocated and screwed you guys over I don't think I'd be a fan of the NFL game any longer.

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:39 PM
I voted I would not be a fan of that team.

Now explain your reason for this thread.

What, it wasn't explained well enough?

I'm not going to respond to you in the future, just a heads up. You're a waste of time.

If there were an ignore button I'd put you on it.

Fletch
05-06-2014, 03:41 PM
They would be dead to me. I'd just watch more college ball.

This team is the Buffalo Bills, not the WNY/S. Ontario Bills. I know, I know, they currently play in Orchard Park, but even that is a burb of Buffalo and is in the Buffalo Metropolitan/Statistical/whatever area. Honestly, I'm about done with NFL football and most pro-sports as it is. NCAA hoops is better, a playoff system for NCAA FBS is going to make that better. So yeah, if the Bills relocated and screwed you guys over I don't think I'd be a fan of the NFL game any longer.

I agree with both of you.

better days
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
What, it wasn't explained well enough?

I'm not going to respond to you in the future, just a heads up. You're a waste of time.

STUPID thread!

Go back down to moms basement, the Bills are NOT crossing the border.

SquishDaFish
05-06-2014, 04:22 PM
It is a dumb thread I agree with that point

SpikedLemonade
05-06-2014, 04:30 PM
The Bills should remain in Buffalo.

Eventually Toronto will get its own NFL team in a decade or two.

Toronto corporations will not buy suites in Niagara Falls, St. Catherines or Hamilton just like they won't buy them in Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I would hate the team with the passion that I use to follow them now.

gr8slayer
05-06-2014, 05:06 PM
The Bills are dead to me if they leave Buffalo.

swiper
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Is it Thursday yet?

BillsImpossible
05-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Why did the chicken wing cross the border?

BillsImpossible
05-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Hamilton?

There's no need to relocate this franchise.

The Bills make money no matter how good or bad the team is, and that has been proven over a long period of time.

And the NFL really doesn't need another half full stadium on Sundays...it flat out looks bad for their, "product."

Miami....empty orange seats.

Jacksonville...can't sell out a game even when the team was good.

San Diego...good team, but can't sell out games.

Bengals...in the playoffs for 3 straight years and can't sell out a playoff game.

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years, but fans still come in Buffalo because we love the game of football.

The Buffalo Bills, pizza, beer, and wings will never die.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Stupid Canadians still thinking the Bills could get moved to Toronto. Stupid idiots. They're not moving. Get your own team.

Raptor
05-07-2014, 05:40 AM
Done with the team

TacklingDummy
05-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Except for the Super Bowl, rooting for squares to come in, the NFL would be dead to me.

GingerP
05-07-2014, 05:58 AM

There is an ignore list in your profile. If you go to UserCP, you can add anyone to your ignore list and their posts are filtered. The only time you would see them is if someone else quoted them.

Fletch
05-07-2014, 08:40 AM
Hamilton?

There's no need to relocate this franchise.

The Bills make money no matter how good or bad the team is, and that has been proven over a long period of time.

And the NFL really doesn't need another half full stadium on Sundays...it flat out looks bad for their, "product."

Miami....empty orange seats.

Jacksonville...can't sell out a game even when the team was good.

San Diego...good team, but can't sell out games.

Bengals...in the playoffs for 3 straight years and can't sell out a playoff game.

The Bills haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years, but fans still come in Buffalo because we love the game of football.

The Buffalo Bills, pizza, beer, and wings will never die.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bills are near the top of the list for the league in blacked out games over the last few years.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an ignore list in your profile. If you go to UserCP, you can add anyone to your ignore list and their posts are filtered. The only time you would see them is if someone else quoted them.

Thanks!

bdutton
05-07-2014, 09:15 AM
If the team ever leaves Buffalo I will stop being a fan.*

* or Orchard Park

EricStratton
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Would the NFL even consider a move to Niagara Falls or Hamilton becoming international.

What would be the benefit of moving any team to a border city that is pretty much like the cities on this side of the customs booth?

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I would be done with the team but this is a total non issue.

There would be no reason to just put them on the other side of the river in another country.

What is the point of that?

better days
05-07-2014, 11:32 AM
The half dozen pseudo Bills fans on this board that don't care if the Bills move would have this board all to themselves if that ever happened.

Fletch
05-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Bump

better days
05-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Bump

WHY the Bump?????????????????????????????????????

Have there been any new developments I haven't heard about?

sudzy
05-17-2014, 03:42 PM
Except for the Super Bowl, rooting for squares to come in, the NFL would be dead to me.

Hey, just like the playoff have been for me the last 14 years.

BuffaloRedleg
05-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Nope done seeya bye.

The NFL wouldn't get another penny out of me, outside of whatever commercials I watch on TV when I'm bored on Sundays.

It's about the team and the connection to the city. There is a reason I hardly watch the NBA and MLB. I don't have a team. Sports to me requires a connection and a rooting interest, and leagues where I have none (other than maybe hating the Heat) I don't care.

I refuse to be one of those ******* Cowboy/Packers/Yankees/Red Sox/Heat/whatever fans that has has no connection with the city they represent.

Famous Amos
05-18-2014, 07:37 AM
I'd cease to follow the NFL. I don't care about other teams. Its about pride in the team and the city it represents.