PDA

View Full Version : Scouts most over-rated/under-rated players

swiper
05-07-2014, 05:24 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24551581/monday-nfl-musings-draft-date-lament-and-ferreting-out-the-overrated

They discuss under-rated players on the video. What do you think?

Monday NFL Musings: 10 draft names scouts think are overrated

Who's overrated? I also asked those same personnel people for a handful of players who they think are overrated. The names that were mentioned:

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Morgan Moses, T, Virginia
Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri
Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
Jeremiah Attaochu, DE, Georgia Tech
Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

stuckincincy
05-07-2014, 06:16 AM
Dunno.

The only one I recall watching is Bridgewater. And with the college game using these spread offenses, and rule changes resulting in 5 or 6 hundred yard offensive outputs, my ability to judge a college qb's NFL suitability is pretty poor these days.

:tube:

swiper
05-07-2014, 06:59 AM
I see a couple of players on that list that I kinda liked. I see others that some of you guys like. Just thought it was interesting. And seems to prove we like/don't like players without knowing everything there is to know much of the time. You read one good draft write-up, fall in love with that player, and then pan any other write-ups that criticize the player. It's natural.

stuckincincy
05-07-2014, 07:56 AM
I see a couple of players on that list that I kinda liked. I see others that some of you guys like. Just thought it was interesting. And seems to prove we like/don't like players without knowing everything there is to know much of the time. You read one good draft write-up, fall in love with that player, and then pan any other write-ups that criticize the player. It's natural.

Absolutely.

Half the fun of the draft is the shaking of heads about this or that teams' selections. Then there are the real head-scratchers, like BUFs' serial drafting of RBs, or CIN rejecting Ditka's offer of the entire NO draft and taking Akili Smith instead.