• Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Goodell: Bills need new stadium to remain viable in WNY

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Goodell: Bills need new stadium to remain viable in WNY

How self-serving...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Well duh. We all knew this 2 years ago by the way the new lease is structured.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

Not new news to anyone that's been paying attention... RWS is the 6th oldest stadium in the NFL.

3 of the 5 older than the Bills (Soldier, Lambeau and Arrowhead) have already undergone a "retrofit" process, which is a large scale renovation project, in order to remain viable.

The other two are Oakland Coliseum (Raiders) and Qualcomm Stadium (Chargers) both of which have been screaming for new stadiums for years.

-Bill

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

This is stating the obvious. Any new owner is going to be campaigning for a new stadium from day 1.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Goodell wants the Bills to move so badly, and he is the type of guy who will do what he wants even if it is stupid and no one agrees with him (moving the draft, rule changes, NFL in London, etc.). That's worrisome.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I heard on WGR this morning that the Ralph is going to look like a new stadium with the current remodel.

That said, the State has already started with planning for the new stadium.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i used ot be a a "the ralph is fine" person. then i went to some of the newer stadiums and i was at the blackout game a few years ago and changed my tune.

the bills need a new stadium (although i'll be curious to see what the new ralph reno's look like). the bills are an asset to buffalo and best way to help the most is to move it to downtown as a revitalization is starting.

i also think being afraid of goodell makes sense in some ways. but i think the fact the NFL knew the restrictive nature of the lease they signed AND that they approved it shows that they want the team to be in the area. they just want to take NYS out back and have their way moving taxpayer money into their hands.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  i used ot be a a "the ralph is fine" person. then i went to some of the newer stadiums and i was at the blackout game a few years ago and changed my tune.

the bills need a new stadium (although i'll be curious to see what the new ralph reno's look like). the bills are an asset to buffalo and best way to help the most is to move it to downtown as a revitalization is starting.

i also think being afraid of goodell makes sense in some ways. but i think the fact the NFL knew the restrictive nature of the lease they signed AND that they approved it shows that they want the team to be in the area. they just want to take NYS out back and have their way moving taxpayer money into their hands.
                  Have you seen sight lines at any stadium that are better than at the Ralph?

I don't think you can get better than the Ralph in that Regard & would hope the new stadium has as good a view of the game as the Ralph does.

And they said on WGR this morning, people are going to be AMAZED when they see the NEW Ralph.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                    Goodell wants the Bills to move so badly, and he is the type of guy who will do what he wants even if it is stupid and no one agrees with him (moving the draft, rule changes, NFL in London, etc.). That's worrisome.

What are you basing this on?
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i agree, i also think the closeness of the field to stadium is pretty amazing and provides that homefield advantage. but in terms of having food that isn't just the amark food crap...and having plenty of space to move around without being pinched at 6 gates.... these things matter. the stadium experience has changed and we are pretty far behind.

the pics of the renovations look pretty nice though i am confused why they are insisting to stay with 6 gates. but it does look a lot more navigable.

the blo news article about how the state wants a multipurpose facility connected or near by really makes me feel the like city has a chance to do something great with one of its assets. the time is now to be forward looking.

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

This state can't afford to be buying billionaires and millionaires big stadiums so they can line their pockets even more. We are already the highest taxed state in the US, and we're 39% higher, on average, in state and local taxes we pay than the rest of America.

And this is coming from Roger Goodell - $30 million dollar a year CEO of a "non-profit" organization that doesn't pay a DIME in corporate taxes.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          i agree, i also think the closeness of the field to stadium is pretty amazing and provides that homefield advantage. but in terms of having food that isn't just the amark food crap...and having plenty of space to move around without being pinched at 6 gates.... these things matter. the stadium experience has changed and we are pretty far behind.

the pics of the renovations look pretty nice though i am confused why they are insisting to stay with 6 gates. but it does look a lot more navigable.

the blo news article about how the state wants a multipurpose facility connected or near by really makes me feel the like city has a chance to do something great with one of its assets. the time is now to be forward looking.
                          I heard with the remodel, there are going to be more & better food choices like Duffs wings.

I also heard the Stadium will be easier to get into & out of.

But I agree, a new Stadium is needed.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

I wish the NFL would just die.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Cleve View Post
                              This state can't afford to be buying billionaires and millionaires big stadiums so they can line their pockets even more. We are already the highest taxed state in the US, and we're 39% higher, on average, in state and local taxes we pay than the rest of America.

And this is coming from Roger Goodell - $30 million dollar a year CEO of a "non-profit" organization that doesn't pay a DIME in corporate taxes.
                              The State & County will pay a share as will the new owner & the NFL.

Wouldn't you rather see some of your tax money spent in WNY than all of it going to NYC?

Comment

Working...
                              X