• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Mayock Mock out..

Enjoy, discuss. Zach Martin...Gross

Another fail. He usually gets bills pick right.
  • Buffalogic
    • Feb 2006

Re: Mayock Mock out..

If we take the fourth best tackle with the number 9 pick I'm going to have an epic meltdown that might go viral on youtube.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

That'll be another TV that bites the dust.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post

Meaningless wins, got to love them.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

If Martin was 6-5 and 315 and had 34 inch arms then he might be in the discussion but he lacks size and that's why many feel he's better suited for the middle. His draft profile reminds me of Andy Levitre and think he's going to end up an OG in the NFL and can't see us drafting him at 9. As everyone agrees that we need a RT, look at recent drafts and UFAs(specifically Chris Williams) we've signed to man the O-line, all of them except Legursky were big bodies/maulers and we let our finesse guy (Levitre) go. I just don't see a reason for us to take Martin at 9.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Sorry... I don't buy this... Manziel isn't in the top 15, to try to drum up interest for the TV show... It even says that:

Mike Mayock reveals his first-round mock draft Wednesday night on NFL Network, and we've secured the first 15 picks. We asked for more but the nice folks at the network apparently didn't want to give away the "big surprise."

The "big surprise," of course, has to be the landing spot for Johnny Manziel since the quarterback failed to show up on the teaser list given to us.

You'll have to tune in (9 p.m. ET) to find out what team drafts Manziel, or if he goes in the first round at all. In the meantime, here are the first 15 selections, with our analysis of the picks.
            These guys do these mocks for 364 days, changing their **** on a daily, if not hourly basis... Kinda easy to "hit" on mock picks when you've got a "mock" for every damn player going in every possible slot...

It's like filling out a different NCAA bracket every day of the year, while everyone else just fills out one the day before the tournament starts. Of course you're gonna look like an "expert" when you have that many hats in the ring.

I also don't think that it's mere coincidence that he cuts the mock off at 15, when Dallas is picking 16th... NFLN has been trying to get the "Manziel to Dallas" story going...

-Bill
            Last edited by BLeonard; 05-07-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

short arms. No thanks
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Well I have a difficult time believing that NO qbs go before the Bills pick. SOMEONE will pick one, if not 2, QBs in front of Buffalo. It's the most important position in the game - and this year's crop is not as bad as Mayock is making out. That means, of course, better picks will fall to the Bills.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                short arms. No thanks
                I bet you don't like flat-chested ladies either!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  Well I have a difficult time believing that NO qbs go before the Bills pick. SOMEONE will pick one, if not 2, QBs in front of Buffalo. It's the most important position in the game - and this year's crop is not as bad as Mayock is making out. That means, of course, better picks will fall to the Bills.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you don't like flat-chested ladies either!
                  If this year's crop of QBs was as great as you think then the Texans wouldn't be looking to trade so much or we wouldn't have a questions on whse going to be taken at the top of the draft. The truth is the top 3 guys together mold a great a QB but individual they lack something to make them elite. As to me Manziel has the intangibles, Broyles has the size and Bridgewater has the stats. Again together great but individual each one has holes. I suspect one maybe two could be taken in the top 8 only because the teams there need someone to fill the position but as we saw with the Bills last year, maybe one of those teams will trade down further and take their QB later in part because of the financial decision and more importantly there isn't an elite QB to be had in this draft.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

I can't see Manziel falling past the Vikings. Just no way.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      If this year's crop of QBs was as great as you think then the Texans wouldn't be looking to trade so much or we wouldn't have a questions on whse going to be taken at the top of the draft. The truth is the top 3 guys together mold a great a QB but individual they lack something to make them elite. As to me Manziel has the intangibles, Broyles has the size and Bridgewater has the stats. Again together great but individual each one has holes. I suspect one maybe two could be taken in the top 8 only because the teams there need someone to fill the position but as we saw with the Bills last year, maybe one of those teams will trade down further and take their QB later in part because of the financial decision and more importantly there isn't an elite QB to be had in this draft.
                      I didn't say the QB class was great. I said I don't think it's as bad as Mayock is making it out to be. It's likely somewhere in between. What I can say is it is, by far, the single most important position in the game. That means teams are privately targeting those top 3 or 4 guys.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

I can't see Manziel falling past the Vikings. Just no way.
                        It depends, do the Vikings like Manziel? As I keep remember Zimmer screaming at he didn't like Manziel's showmanship at his pro day. Personally the only QB I'd take in the top 10 is Broyles but admit am biased as Manziel just reminds me of another Flutie and I hated Doug.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          I didn't say the QB class was great. I said I don't think it's as bad as Mayock is making it out to be. It's likely somewhere in between. What I can say is it is, by far, the single most important position in the game. That means teams are privately targeting those top 3 or 4 guys.
                          I've always felt QB is the most overrated position of the game as it takes a great team to win and all too often the QB gets all the glory when this happens.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            I've always felt QB is the most overrated position of the game as it takes a great team to win and all too often the QB gets all the glory when this happens.
                            While it's surely a team game, I'd have to disagree with you there.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                              • Feb 2006

Bortles*

Comment

Working...
                              X