Marcell Dareus Could Face Up To 4 Game Suspension - Should The Bills Trade Him Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Marcell Dareus Could Face Up To 4 Game Suspension - Should The Bills Trade Him Now?

4 games? That's potentially 25% of the season without their best defensive lineman.

There is a huge difference between a felony drug charge vs. a misdemeanor drug charge.

What are the Bills going to do with Marcell Dareus?

Trade him now, or hope the leopard changes his spots?

Does anyone think the Bills first round draft pick will be influenced by Dareus' issues?

It is unknown whether Dareus had previously been entered into Stage One of the league’s drug intervention program. If he hadn’t, he will be now. If he had, Dareus could face up to a four-game suspension for his arrest.

• Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Marcell Dareus Could Face Up To 4 Game Suspension - Should The Bills Trade Him No

No. It will be reduced or dismissed. I don't expect a suspension.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Re: Marcell Dareus Could Face Up To 4 Game Suspension - Should The Bills Trade Him No

His value has never been "higher"
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        His value has never been "higher"
        His value is synthetic.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

My question would be; How is it "unknown whether Dareus had previously been entered into Stage One of the league’s drug intervention program"...?

Nobody knows if he's been entered into the NFL's drug intervention program...?

If he had, I'd figure that would have been pretty common knowledge when he was entered.

Since I haven't heard and haven't seen anything about it, I have to assume that he wasn't and this would be a first offense, meaning no suspension.

-Bill

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Oh my god. It's a first offense. He's not getting suspended. Why do people automatically go to the worst case scenario. Must be a Buffalo thing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
              Oh my god. It's a first offense. He's not getting suspended. Why do people automatically go to the worst case scenario. Must be a Buffalo thing.
              Who are those women at the bottom?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Didn't Nigell Bradham get arrested last year about this time on worse chargers? and eventually they got dropped and he wasn't suspended. I was saddened by the news but Dareus is too good a player to let go of with this small infraction.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  Don't get me wrong, HurkeyNuts...im just thinking of later this season. He's in the program now, and now he has to stay squeaky clean.

Based on his past history, there's a very good chance that he's going to f up again. I don't think what happened to Dareus was anything new, his problems just finally caught up to him via the law.

The 4 game suspension is not a matter of if, but when. He said he was going to get his act together, and he was blowing smoke up our rear ends.

Can the coaches trust Dareus? I wouldn't.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    Didn't Nigell Bradham get arrested last year about this time on worse chargers? and eventually they got dropped and he wasn't suspended. I was saddened by the news but Dareus is too good a player to let go of with this small infraction.
                    Bradham got caught with marijuana, which is a misdemeanor.

Dareus got caught with a synthetic form of marijuana, which is a felony in Alabama.

State laws are different, but the crazy thing is that Dareus would have been much better off smoking real grass.

Felony charges trump misdemeanors.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't think it's unusual at all for a player to 'anonymously' be in stage 1, especially if it is a result of a failed test...it isn't something the league generally proudly flies up the public flagpole.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

This could actually be a good thing for the Bills and Marcell Dareus.

Dareus is going to have to hire a very expensive lawyer to have his felony charges against him reduced and avoid going to jail.

It's a good thing that this happened now, and not 1 week before the season started.

If the felony charges against him are reduced, Dareus is going to be held on a very short leash by the law itself.

He will have two choices:

Stay clean and concentrate on football.

or

Screw up again and go to jail.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                          Bradham got caught with marijuana, which is a misdemeanor.

Dareus got caught with a synthetic form of marijuana, which is a felony in Alabama.

State laws are different, but the crazy thing is that Dareus would have been much better off smoking real grass.

Felony charges trump misdemeanors.
                          Felony may trump misdemeanors in the real world but do you honestly think Dareus will serve any serious real time? I don't. In terms of NFL suspensions who knows heck Kellen Winslow had an incident last November using medical marijuana and does anyone remember the ruling Goddell made for him? I can't.
                          Last edited by The Jokeman; 05-07-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            Who are those women at the bottom?
                            Jills

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                              This could actually be a good thing for the Bills and Marcell Dareus.

Dareus is going to have to hire a very expensive lawyer to have his felony charges against him reduced and avoid going to jail.

It's a good thing that this happened now, and not 1 week before the season started.

If the felony charges against him are reduced, Dareus is going to be held on a very short leash by the law itself.

He will have two choices:

Stay clean and concentrate on football.

or

Screw up again and go to jail.
                              It wasn't like he got charged with intent to distribute.

Comment

Working...
                              X