• Oct 2011

The amount you think the Bills will pay to move up to #1 / #2

2014 - Our 1st / 3rd / 4th
    2015 - Our 1st & 3rd
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: The amount you think the Bills will pay to move up to #1 / #2

Sold!

If the Bills make the playoffs in 2014 (14 years...2014?) the 1st round draft pick they give up will be the 20th pick of the draft at worse in 2015.

Two 3rds and a 4th?

Twist my arm.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      2015 - Our 1st & 3rd
      I can't see the Texans accepting that. I wouldn't do it either as a Bills fan as we aren't one player away. Trading up is a foolish idea for this team.

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

Again, that's 5 picks to move up 8 slots... For a team that preaches about "building through the draft," this is the exact opposite.

I said it in the other thread... This year's #1 and #2 and the 2015 #1 is all I'm giving and I'd really rather just not trade or move down.

If they do trade, it's better be to get Clowney... With his question marks, I don't think it's worth the risk, personally.

One player isn't going to turn a 6-10 team into a playoff team, certainly not one who is known for taking plays off and disappearing for stretches.

-Bill

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
          Again, that's 5 picks to move up 8 slots... For a team that preaches about "building through the draft," this is the exact opposite.

I said it in the other thread... This year's #1 and #2 and the 2015 #1 is all I'm giving and I'd really rather just not trade or move down.

If they do trade, it's better be to get Clowney... With his question marks, I don't think it's worth the risk, personally.

One player isn't going to turn a 6-10 team into a playoff team, certainly not one who is known for taking plays off and disappearing for stretches.

-Bill
          They're counting on a healthy QB.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

A Qb that they hand picked last year... If he doesn't pan out, depending on the ownership situation, these guys might not be around to see 2015...

They shouldn't be trading picks in a year that they might not even be here.

Also, again, it goes completely against the "build through the draft" that they have been harping on for years now.

They trade 5 picks to jump 8 spots, I never want to hear them utter the phrase "build through the draft" again.

-Bill

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

and a better MLB and better 2nd WR and better 3rd CB and arguably better LG and OLB. Say what you want but outside of losing Byrd and Pettine I think the Bills had a solid offseason as think Schwartz may be a solid replacement and also like the editions of the QB coach and Hosler on the offensive side of the ball. As to me Spikes, Graham and Mike Williams to me are way better than whom their replacing. Yet I won't deny I still have concerns losing a Pro Bowl talent on defense.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                and a better MLB and better 2nd WR and better 3rd CB and arguably better LG and OLB. Say what you want but outside of losing Byrd and Pettine I think the Bills had a solid offseason as think Schwartz may be a solid replacement and also like the editions of the QB coach and Hosler on the offensive side of the ball. As to me Spikes, Graham and Mike Williams to me are way better than whom their replacing. Yet I won't deny I still have concerns losing a Pro Bowl talent on defense.
                I think a healthy Spikes is better than a hurt-foot Byrd.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

2015 - Our 1st & 3rd
                  I'm foaming at the mouth just thinking about this.

24 hours to go!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

I think a healthy Spikes is better than a hurt-foot Byrd.
                    On first and second downs I think Spikes is easily more valuable but on the most critical down 3rd, I think Byrd is. So time will tell which is more important. Hopefully you're right.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Zero. Don't think they are trading up.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Skooby I hope we do that trade. Would love it.

I think it would be something like 1,2,5 this season and 1,3 next

Comment

• billsfanryan
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                          A Qb that they hand picked last year... If he doesn't pan out, depending on the ownership situation, these guys might not be around to see 2015...

They shouldn't be trading picks in a year that they might not even be here.

Also, again, it goes completely against the "build through the draft" that they have been harping on for years now.

They trade 5 picks to jump 8 spots, I never want to hear them utter the phrase "build through the draft" again.

-Bill
                          Maybe they are thinking the same thing... They don't know if they will be here or not next year depending on a new owner so why not make a splash and do something bold? Maybe they truly believe that 1 player will make that much difference and put them over the hump this year. Perhaps they are banking on if they can get us to the playoffs this year their jobs will be safe for at least another year.

That being said, I personally would like to see us trade down and get more players and be a team that stock piles picks. If Whaley trades up and takes Clowney, Robinson, or Watkins I still think I'll be incredibly excited.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                            On first and second downs I think Spikes is easily more valuable but on the most critical down 3rd, I think Byrd is. So time will tell which is more important. Hopefully you're right.
                            We gave up more 3rd down / first downs last season than I care to remember.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Unless they get a hell of a deal like Miami did last year I'd stay put. They moved up 9 spots to 3 and only gave up the 2nd round pick. I'd do it for this years first and 2nd and next years 1rst. Only if it's for Clowney though. I wouldn't give up even those picks for a WR or T.

Comment

Working...
                              X