Will The Bills Trade A Player Tomorrow Evening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Will The Bills Trade A Player Tomorrow Evening?

Stevie Johnson?

CJ Spiller?

Marcell Dareus?

If the Bills do trade a player, it's going to be in the first round.

I think CJ Spiller's, "value," is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick if not a first.

Dareus is worth a first round draft pick.

Stevie Johnson...2nd at best, but probably worth a 3rd.

All 3 players are replaceable, and the Bills won't have to give up as many draft picks to move up.

I think at least one player will be traded.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Will The Bills Trade A Player Tomorrow Evening?

Stevie.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      Stevie.
      and what 5th round pick do you think we'll take with the pick we get back?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        and what 5th round pick do you think we'll take with the pick we get back?
        It's in an effort to dump his overblown salary & maybe knock a 4th out of our move-up costs.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          It's in an effort to dump his overblown salary & maybe knock a 4th out of our move-up costs.
          Who cares about overblown salaries? He's the best WR on the team and losing him now for a 4th Round pick isn't going to help the Bills in 2014. Why make a hole when we don't have to?

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            Who cares about overblown salaries? He's the best WR on the team and losing him now for a 4th Round pick isn't going to help the Bills in 2014. Why make a hole when we don't have to?
            Johnson was the best receiver on the team...when Fitz was quarterback.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
              Johnson was the best receiver on the team...when Fitz was quarterback.
              and he was with EJ at QB too as I still think his injury really hurt him last year as evident by his production as I remember them connecting well in the first few games of the season. As I doubt Chandler will repeat as our top receiving in 2014 or if does we're in serious trouble.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

I like Stevie Johnson, but I don't love him. He's been a good player for the Bills, but never great.

I get the sense that he is on one page saying, "give me the damn ball," while Marrone and Hackett are saying, "But you're not a number 1 receiver."

When is the last time you saw Stevie Johnson catch a long ball for a TD like Woods or Goodwin did last year?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I like Stevie Johnson, but I don't love him. He's been a good player for the Bills, but never great.

I get the sense that he is on one page saying, "give me the damn ball," while Marrone and Hackett are saying, "But you're not a number 1 receiver."

When is the last time you saw Stevie Johnson catch a long ball for a TD like Woods or Goodwin did last year?
                  Dead on accurate.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Stevie Johnson?

CJ Spiller?

Marcell Dareus?

If the Bills do trade a player, it's going to be in the first round.

I think CJ Spiller's, "value," is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick if not a first.

Dareus is worth a first round draft pick.

Stevie Johnson...2nd at best, but probably worth a 3rd.

All 3 players are replaceable, and the Bills won't have to give up as many draft picks to move up.

I think at least one player will be traded.
                    Every one of these players will be traded for a 6th rounder & then the Bills are going to draft 3 kickers & 3 punters with the picks.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

None will be traded

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Lots of teams would like Stevie's talent. No one wants his antics or his cap hit.

Dareus is facing suspension so his trade value is greatly reduced.

Trading Spiller would be dumb- Jackson is at the end of his contract and probably the end of his career.

And most draft day trades are picks for picks.

So no, the Bills will not be trading a player tomorrow. Please think before you type.

I don't know why Bills fans think other teams will be lining up to give picks away for a guy that a 6-10 team considers expendable enough to trade.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Lots of teams would like Stevie's talent. No one wants his antics or his cap hit.

Dareus is facing suspension so his trade value is greatly reduced.

Trading Spiller would be dumb- Jackson is at the end of his contract and probably the end of his career.

And most draft day trades are picks for picks.

So no, the Bills will not be trading a player tomorrow. Please think before you type.

I don't know why Bills fans think other teams will be lining up to give picks away for a guy that a 6-10 team considers expendable enough to trade.
                          It's all about the system. Does CJ Spiller fit into the Bills offense? Does Stevie Johnson fit too?

I don't think they do. Spiller isn't the kind of back Marrone and Hackett want because he doesn't like to run inside between the tackles. Fred Jackson took over the starting duties last year in week 3 for a very good reason.

Stevie Johnson is a slot receiver, can't stretch the field with his speed, and has a history of nagging groin issues like Dominik Hasek.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

It's all about the system. Does CJ Spiller fit into the Bills offense? Does Stevie Johnson fit too?

I don't think they do. Spiller isn't the kind of back Marrone and Hackett want because he doesn't like to run inside between the tackles. Fred Jackson took over the starting duties last year in week 3 for a very good reason.

Stevie Johnson is a slot receiver, can't stretch the field with his speed, and has a history of nagging groin issues like Dominik Hasek.
                            and the great thing about Gailey is he seemed to make the most of the talent he had on offense ie he made a system that made Stevie Johnson, Freddy and CJ pretty good players. Hopefully Marrone/Hackett can find a way to do this. As to me I hated seeing EJ in that hurry up offense last year and hope we don't see it again anytime soon.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Point taken on Spiller- I don't agree but I can see why you would think he is tradable. The bigger problem is we have no one equal or better and it creates another position of need.

As far as Johnson, you didn't make a system argument. You criticized him, and I agree with your criticisms. I just wonder why you think another team would want someone with those flaws, especially when you throw in his antics and cap hit.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X