PDA

View Full Version : Will The Bills Trade A Player Tomorrow Evening?

BillsImpossible
05-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Stevie Johnson?

CJ Spiller?

Marcell Dareus?

If the Bills do trade a player, it's going to be in the first round.

I think CJ Spiller's, "value," is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick if not a first.

Dareus is worth a first round draft pick.

Stevie Johnson...2nd at best, but probably worth a 3rd.

All 3 players are replaceable, and the Bills won't have to give up as many draft picks to move up.

I think at least one player will be traded.

Skooby
05-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Stevie.

The Jokeman
05-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Stevie.

and what 5th round pick do you think we'll take with the pick we get back?

Skooby
05-07-2014, 06:01 PM
and what 5th round pick do you think we'll take with the pick we get back?

It's in an effort to dump his overblown salary & maybe knock a 4th out of our move-up costs.

The Jokeman
05-07-2014, 06:03 PM
It's in an effort to dump his overblown salary & maybe knock a 4th out of our move-up costs.

Who cares about overblown salaries? He's the best WR on the team and losing him now for a 4th Round pick isn't going to help the Bills in 2014. Why make a hole when we don't have to?

BillsImpossible
05-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Who cares about overblown salaries? He's the best WR on the team and losing him now for a 4th Round pick isn't going to help the Bills in 2014. Why make a hole when we don't have to?

Johnson was the best receiver on the team...when Fitz was quarterback.

The Jokeman
05-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Johnson was the best receiver on the team...when Fitz was quarterback.

and he was with EJ at QB too as I still think his injury really hurt him last year as evident by his production as I remember them connecting well in the first few games of the season. As I doubt Chandler will repeat as our top receiving in 2014 or if does we're in serious trouble.

BillsImpossible
05-07-2014, 06:59 PM
I like Stevie Johnson, but I don't love him. He's been a good player for the Bills, but never great.

I get the sense that he is on one page saying, "give me the damn ball," while Marrone and Hackett are saying, "But you're not a number 1 receiver."

When is the last time you saw Stevie Johnson catch a long ball for a TD like Woods or Goodwin did last year?

Skooby
05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
I like Stevie Johnson, but I don't love him. He's been a good player for the Bills, but never great.

I get the sense that he is on one page saying, "give me the damn ball," while Marrone and Hackett are saying, "But you're not a number 1 receiver."

When is the last time you saw Stevie Johnson catch a long ball for a TD like Woods or Goodwin did last year?

Dead on accurate.

Albany,n.y.
05-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Stevie Johnson?

CJ Spiller?

Marcell Dareus?

I think CJ Spiller's, "value," is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick if not a first.

All 3 players are replaceable, and the Bills won't have to give up as many draft picks to move up.

Every one of these players will be traded for a 6th rounder & then the Bills are going to draft 3 kickers & 3 punters with the picks.

SquishDaFish
05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
None will be traded

OpIv37
05-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Lots of teams would like Stevie's talent. No one wants his antics or his cap hit.

Dareus is facing suspension so his trade value is greatly reduced.

Trading Spiller would be dumb- Jackson is at the end of his contract and probably the end of his career.

And most draft day trades are picks for picks.

So no, the Bills will not be trading a player tomorrow. Please think before you type.

I don't know why Bills fans think other teams will be lining up to give picks away for a guy that a 6-10 team considers expendable enough to trade.

BillsImpossible
05-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Lots of teams would like Stevie's talent. No one wants his antics or his cap hit.

Dareus is facing suspension so his trade value is greatly reduced.

Trading Spiller would be dumb- Jackson is at the end of his contract and probably the end of his career.

And most draft day trades are picks for picks.

So no, the Bills will not be trading a player tomorrow. Please think before you type.

I don't know why Bills fans think other teams will be lining up to give picks away for a guy that a 6-10 team considers expendable enough to trade.

It's all about the system. Does CJ Spiller fit into the Bills offense? Does Stevie Johnson fit too?

I don't think they do. Spiller isn't the kind of back Marrone and Hackett want because he doesn't like to run inside between the tackles. Fred Jackson took over the starting duties last year in week 3 for a very good reason.

Stevie Johnson is a slot receiver, can't stretch the field with his speed, and has a history of nagging groin issues like Dominik Hasek.

The Jokeman
05-07-2014, 07:28 PM
It's all about the system. Does CJ Spiller fit into the Bills offense? Does Stevie Johnson fit too?

I don't think they do. Spiller isn't the kind of back Marrone and Hackett want because he doesn't like to run inside between the tackles. Fred Jackson took over the starting duties last year in week 3 for a very good reason.

Stevie Johnson is a slot receiver, can't stretch the field with his speed, and has a history of nagging groin issues like Dominik Hasek.

and the great thing about Gailey is he seemed to make the most of the talent he had on offense ie he made a system that made Stevie Johnson, Freddy and CJ pretty good players. Hopefully Marrone/Hackett can find a way to do this. As to me I hated seeing EJ in that hurry up offense last year and hope we don't see it again anytime soon.

OpIv37
05-07-2014, 07:29 PM

Point taken on Spiller- I don't agree but I can see why you would think he is tradable. The bigger problem is we have no one equal or better and it creates another position of need.

As far as Johnson, you didn't make a system argument. You criticized him, and I agree with your criticisms. I just wonder why you think another team would want someone with those flaws, especially when you throw in his antics and cap hit.

TacklingDummy
05-07-2014, 07:34 PM
I'd be thrilled if they could get a 2nd round pick for each of them.

A receiver with hands of stone, a nothing special running back, and DT that's poor against the run.

BillsImpossible
05-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Point taken on Spiller- I don't agree but I can see why you would think he is tradable. The bigger problem is we have no one equal or better and it creates another position of need.

As far as Johnson, you didn't make a system argument. You criticized him, and I agree with your criticisms. I just wonder why you think another team would want someone with those flaws, especially when you throw in his antics and cap hit.

Johnson's cap hit is the biggest drawback, indeed.

Which leads me to think...trade him, or cut him?

YardRat
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
I hope not...the only trade I want to see them make, if any, is down to get more picks.

and the great thing about Gailey is he seemed to make the most of the talent he had on offense ie he made a system that made Stevie Johnson, Freddy and CJ pretty good players. Hopefully Marrone/Hackett can find a way to do this. As to me I hated seeing EJ in that hurry up offense last year and hope we don't see it again anytime soon.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a post on the opposite end of the 'Gailey doesn't know how to use Spiller' spectrum.

OpIv37
05-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Johnson's cap hit is the biggest drawback, indeed.

Which leads me to think...trade him, or cut him?
Cuts aren't cap neutral- we'd have to eat a cap hit. Iirc it's significant too.

And, despite my reservations about Stevie, he's the most proven WR on the roster. In fact, he's the only proven WR on the roster. Long term I think Woods will surpass him, but at the moment he's the best we have.

This team can't afford taking a cap hit to make a questionable position even weaker.

BertSquirtgum
05-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Stevie Johnson?

CJ Spiller?

Marcell Dareus?

No

The Jokeman
05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
I hope not...the only trade I want to see them make, if any, is down to get more picks.

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a post on the opposite end of the 'Gailey doesn't know how to use Spiller' spectrum.

Gailey made Spiller perform in 2012 something we didn't see in 2013 under Marrone/Hackett. That said he was injured so that may have played a part in it that said Gailey to me was a better offensive mind then the two we had in place last IMO. This year maybe not as now we have Hostler on board.

trapezeus
05-08-2014, 11:51 AM
i don't mind losing spiller. i think RB's are fairly replacable if you commit to the line. i think you can take a big bruiser type back in 5-7 and get 3-4 yards a carry consistently as long as the line play gets better and the WR/TE can perform as well. if ej stinks, the run game will take a huge blow no matter what all star you put in the backfield.

Stevie is expensive and that's why he isn't going anywhere. i think he's fine for the bills and if you get a top end TE or a true #1 wr, stevie will look better. the guy plays hurt and he produces. I would keep him even with his warts. he's the devil we know.

again, no one will trade for dareus that is worth what we lose. he's facing a possible suspension.

Billsimpossible, also think of it if it was reversed. we have the number 1 pick and give it away to a team that has sucked forever, has had few breakout players, and we trade the #1 for one of their guys with potential, get a lower draft pick, and not as much as we would if we just did a pick only trade. You would be pissed if a RB with potential came to us or a WR who hasn't been spectaclar but will cost a crap load now or a guy who may be suspended.