PDA

View Full Version : Sabres raise ticket prices by 4%, SabreBucks to be accepted at HarborCenter

DetDannyWilliams
05-07-2014, 06:44 PM
SABRES ANNOUNCE 2014-15 SEASON-TICKET PRICES

Accounts renewed by June 23 will include a 6.5% rebate; SabreBucks will be accepted at HARBORCENTER

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the prices for season-ticket packages for the 2014-15 season. The prices for season tickets have increased by four percent from 2013-14, which amounts to roughly $1 to $4 more per game, depending on seat location, but will remain among the most affordable in the NHL.

“We are grateful to our fans for their incredible loyalty and patience through a challenging season,” said Sabres president Ted Black. “It’s important to us to balance the affordability of our tickets against the opportunity to qualify for League revenue sharing.”

Accordingly, as an added benefit this year, Season Ticket Holders can earn up to a 6.5% rebate, which is added to their SabreBucks card, if their account is renewed by June 23. Season Ticket Holders will receive a 2.5% rebate on their SabreBucks card if the account is renewed after June 23.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=718143&navid=DL|BUF|home

doug45
05-08-2014, 08:14 PM
We have given you a really bad team and for your reward we are going to up the ticket price!!! WHAT!!! Oh and like the old days if you shop in the company store with super high prices you can get a small rebate. So we have no stars and we know we will be pretty bad for some years sooooo you should pay more to see the games . LOL

JATMtheJATM
05-09-2014, 01:45 AM
its supply and demand. the sabres have one of the highest season ticket renewal rates in the NHL and a waiting list for tickets, last i heard. they are staying competitive within the league in terms of ticket prices, which are increasing across the whole league.

but, yeah, lets be outraged the sabres are taking the same action! rawr!

doug45
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM
its supply and demand. the sabres have one of the highest season ticket renewal rates in the NHL and a waiting list for tickets, last i heard. they are staying competitive within the league in terms of ticket prices, which are increasing across the whole league.

but, yeah, lets be outraged the sabres are taking the same action! rawr!

You can only stay competitive within the league in terms of ticket prices IF YOU stay competitive in terms of the product you put on the ice!! So yes I am outraged over paying more for what they are giving the fans. And it does not look good for many years to come.

JATMtheJATM
05-10-2014, 01:18 PM
You can only stay competitive within the league in terms of ticket prices IF YOU stay competitive in terms of the product you put on the ice!! So yes I am outraged over paying more for what they are giving the fans. And it does not look good for many years to come.

really? things are looking pretty on the horizon.

oh well, cant please everyone.

Skooby
05-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Worst team in the league raising prices, wow.

coastal
05-12-2014, 04:25 PM
If I lived in Blo I'd be ponying up for seasons...

JATMtheJATM
05-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Same. In a few seasons, buffalo tix will be in high demand.

coastal
05-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Same. In a few seasons, buffalo tix will be in high demand.
Anyone with seasons... will have loads of friends.

trapezeus
05-13-2014, 07:39 AM
are mini-packs still available for like weekend games, etc?

chernobylwraiths
05-13-2014, 08:18 AM
Anyone with seasons... will have loads of friends.

Well, if you ever come to town, you know Tom and I have seasons.

But I can't say I'm all happy about them raising prices again.

chernobylwraiths
05-13-2014, 08:19 AM
are mini-packs still available for like weekend games, etc?

I'm pretty sure mini packs are still available as Mike has one, but I think for specific games. I.E. you won't be able to pick only weekend games.

doug45
05-13-2014, 06:46 PM
really? things are looking pretty on the horizon.

oh well, cant please everyone.

What is looking Pretty ?? We have no real stars and Draft Picks in this sport are like lottery tickets ( You could win big but usually you get nothing). And if you do get a good young player there is no veterans to bring them along. And we traded our star goal tender that could help keep them in the game. They should LOWER the prices for the next few years until they can put a product on the ice that has a chance.

JATMtheJATM
05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
be that as it may, alot of people are excited for the future, and miller was leaving anyways. so they got something for him.

this is how you do a rebuild, something many teams have used and won with. im not sure why this is a difficult concept to grasp here

THATHURMANATOR
05-14-2014, 12:52 PM
We have given you a really bad team and for your reward we are going to up the ticket price!!! WHAT!!! Oh and like the old days if you shop in the company store with super high prices you can get a small rebate. So we have no stars and we know we will be pretty bad for some years sooooo you should pay more to see the games . LOL

The obvious response from someone that doesn't pay attention.

In this collective bargaining agreement they must raise prices to get revenue sharing.

They literally have to raise prices.

Downinfloflo
05-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Don't worry boys, They won't raise prices on playoff tickets... :)

doug45
05-16-2014, 07:19 PM
The obvious response from someone that doesn't pay attention.

In this collective bargaining agreement they must raise prices to get revenue sharing.

They literally have to raise prices.

That is not what this was about, they act like they are doing the fans a favor and this is good for the fans! It is not and it will show in more empty seats. When I went to games years past every single game was sold out for many years in a row. But the last two seasons when I went to games there were MANY unsold seats and this will not help. Poor product on the ice + higher ticket prices = more empty seats, and that is not good.

doug45
05-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Don't worry boys, They won't raise prices on playoff tickets... :)

You never can tell what the prices will be 5 or 6 years from now.

JATMtheJATM
05-16-2014, 08:38 PM
That is not what this was about, they act like they are doing the fans a favor and this is good for the fans! It is not and it will show in more empty seats. When I went to games years past every single game was sold out for many years in a row. But the last two seasons when I went to games there were MANY unsold seats and this will not help. Poor product on the ice + higher ticket prices = more empty seats, and that is not good.

what part of they had to raise prices are you having trouble understanding?

and buffalo had a 97.4% percentage last year in terms of filling first niagara. they arent playing in front of empty arenas like florida or the coyotes. the fan base is still as solid as ever.

doug45
05-20-2014, 07:39 PM
what part of they had to raise prices are you having trouble understanding?

and buffalo had a 97.4% percentage last year in terms of filling first niagara. they arent playing in front of empty arenas like florida or the coyotes. the fan base is still as solid as ever.
I went to several games last season and if they were 70% they were lucky !!! The row I sat in was over half empty. They can put out whatever number they want but when you go you can see the truth in the empty seats.

doug45
05-20-2014, 07:45 PM
All I hear is if you don't agree with everything that the team does you are not a fan....BOLOGNA! I have been going to Sabers games since before the raised the roof at the AUD, yes from the first years, and a fan wants to see what is best for the team and for them to WIN! So when you like something say so and when you see something you don't like say so, but either way you are a FAN! So people give up telling people who is a fan and who isn't !!

JATMtheJATM
05-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Who the hell said you aren't a fan? The only thing you are guilty of is complaining without knowing facts.

doug45
05-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Who the hell said you aren't a fan? The only thing you are guilty of is complaining without knowing facts.

This was not at any one person, I just see it a lot and it is not good for the site.

JATMtheJATM
05-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Your frustration is valid but some of your complaints seem off. The product on the ice is bad. It won't stay that way.