PDA

View Full Version : Bills NEED Playnaker at 9 or Trade Up

Mahdi
05-08-2014, 07:12 AM
The Bills D is solid. They need maybe some depth at DE and LB but otherwise they are set.

What this team needs badly is a playmaker on offense. We CANNOT sit at 9 and take a RT. That would be stupid. We need a gamebreaker. The Bills know this which is probably why there is so much talk about us moving up.

If we move up it may be for Mack or Clowney but that is because those two are that good.

Personally I don't think they are looking to move up to 1. I think they are looking to trade up to between 3 and 5 in order to land Watkins, Evans or Mack.

If we stay at 9 then we should take the #1 TE in Ebron and get a playmaker down the middle. Settling for the #3 overall OT or top OG in Martin is just silly and last I checked Levitre didn't get us to the playoffs.

Trade up for one of the top talents or stay and hope an explosive talent falls to you. No RTs at 9.

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 12:38 PM
The Bills D is solid. They need maybe some depth at DE and LB but otherwise they are set.

What this team needs badly is a playmaker on offense. We CANNOT sit at 9 and take a RT. That would be stupid. We need a gamebreaker. The Bills know this which is probably why there is so much talk about us moving up.

If we move up it may be for Mack or Clowney but that is because those two are that good.

Personally I don't think they are looking to move up to 1. I think they are looking to trade up to between 3 and 5 in order to land Watkins, Evans or Mack.

If we stay at 9 then we should take the #1 TE in Ebron and get a playmaker down the middle. Settling for the #3 overall OT or top OG in Martin is just silly and last I checked Levitre didn't get us to the playoffs.

Trade up for one of the top talents or stay and hope an explosive talent falls to you. No RTs at 9.

Seems that recently, clubs have drafted LTs that end up being RTs. BAL's Oher and CIN's Smith come to mind. The highest-drafted RT in my recollection was Willie Anderson in 1996, at #10. He had a fine career.

Buffalogic
05-08-2014, 12:47 PM
^ Erick Fisher last year. Number one overall pick played RT all year. They are planning to start him at LT this year though.

Top 10 tackles are a waste in my opinion.

Turf
05-08-2014, 12:51 PM

I have to agree. If Ebron is all that is left take him. I know its high for a TE but he's a play maker and we need a TE. We don't need another small fast WR.

Mahdi
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah they always had designs on moving Fisher to LT. Seeing as how we have one of the top young LTs in NFL I just can't understand a RT at 9.

The Bills can't be that dumb to think a RT is going to come in and truly help them make the playoffs. We need a player that takes our offense to another level, like a QB.

Bill Cody
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
If Johnny Manziel is there at 9 we will have some serious options. Manziel is the biggest wild card in the draft. He could go top 5 or he drop as far as 13 to St. Louis. If he's there I would expect Whaley will get multiple calls including the Cowboys at 17. 17 is a nice spot to draft Ebron and you net an extra 2nd. Or we could draft him ourselves. I'm on board with that too.

mikemac2001
05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Yeah they always had designs on moving Fisher to LT. Seeing as how we have one of the top young LTs in NFL I just can't understand a RT at 9.

The Bills can't be that dumb to think a RT is going to come in and truly help them make the playoffs. We need a player that takes our offense to another level, like a QB.

If they believe in EJ then yes a RT and make us have one of the better olines allowing better YPC and him more time to allow his WR's to get open....you know how tom brady sits in the pocket all day waiting on crossing routes and how they always seem to get yards running. I dont want an OT but if its the best player there then either move down or grab him

just hope someone falls or a dumb run on qbs

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 01:01 PM

I think you have to filter, so to speak, Glenn's LT performance. With Fitz and then with his successors, BUF ran a quick pass scheme, in my view - to try to mask overall protection and qb question marks. AFAIK, most of the top-rated OLs are listed as LTs.

Buffalogic
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
I think you have to filter, so to speak, Glenn's LT performance. With Fitz and then with his successors, BUF ran a quick pass scheme, in my view - to try to mask overall protection and qb question marks. AFAIK, most of the top-rated OLs are listed as LTs.
And a majority of top 10 LT's selected the last ten years have been busts. It's 50/50 at best. None really develop into stars, Joe Thomas only one. Mostly there are average to good starters or busts that hop teams trying to figure out what happened. I hate any OT in top 10 no matter what year it is.

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 01:10 PM
And a majority of top 10 LT's selected the last ten years have been busts. It's 50/50 at best. None really develop into stars, Joe Thomas only one. Mostly there are average to good starters or busts that hop teams trying to figure out what happened. I hate any OT in top 10 no matter what year it is.

Well, one thing's for sure - you can't accuse BUF of drafting numerous OLs in the top 10 during their 14 year playoff drought. Mike Williams was their one and only.

The Jokeman
05-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Well, one thing's for sure - you can't accuse BUF of drafting numerous OLs in the top 10 during their 14 year playoff drought. Mike Williams was their one and only.

and even then most felt the better prospect that year was Bryant McKinnie who's had a pretty good career thus far.

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 01:31 PM
and even then most felt the better prospect that year was Bryant McKinnie who's had a pretty good career thus far.

I never understood the Williams pick - such a big man, but with ankles like toothpicks.

The Jokeman
05-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I never understood the Williams pick - such a big man, but with ankles like toothpicks.

I think the Bills fell in love with his personality. The guy was very charismatic and did some good things at the combine.

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I think the Bills fell in love with his personality. The guy was very charismatic and did some good things at the combine.

True.

Kenny
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM

How so? It's too early to tell from last year's class, even though Fisher, Johnson, and Joeckel look to be on their way to be solid starters.
Kalil in Minnesota looks solid. Tyron Smith is an anchor for the Cowboys, and I'd love to have guys like Okung and Trent Williams.

Sure you have guys like Jason Smith, Chris Williams (who might be our starter at guard) and Levi Brown fizzling out, but OT in round one/top10 look's pretty safe to me.

I'd even be willing to move up a bit to #5 to get ahead of ATL if Jake Matthews was in play.

Uncle Jesse
05-08-2014, 02:15 PM
WE NEED PLAY MAKERS.

Get a tackle in round 2, like we did with Glenn. That has worked just fine. We need some life and play making ability on this smelly, stagnate offense.

The Jokeman
05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
WE NEED PLAY MAKERS.

Get a tackle in round 2, like we did with Glenn. That has worked just fine. We need some life and play making ability on this smelly, stagnate offense.
CJ Spiller is a playmaker and should be better with a better O-line, Stevie Johnson and Mike Williams can make plays too but EJ needs time in the pocket to get them the ball. I will agree we lack a playmaker at TE and why am favoring Ebron at pick 9 but I wouldn't be upset with Ebron or Matthews or Lewan (as I assume Watkins and Evans will be gone).

Kenny
05-08-2014, 02:21 PM
WE NEED PLAY MAKERS.

I like playmakers too, but when Watkins and Evans are taken, who do you pick?
Are you sold on Ebron? Willing to take a chance on another smallish reciever (Beckham?)

Thurmal
05-08-2014, 02:44 PM
If your QB has time to throw, any one can be a playmaker.

Buffalogic
05-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Most suber bowl teams don't have multiple first round picks on the line. It's more about continuity, not draft status. Seahawks had a couple, but if you look back at the winning teams like the pats, ravens, giants, packers, saints, it's not like they are loaded with first round picks on the Oline. There are plenty of serviceable linemen in the second and third rounds and with most of the top 10 tackles being solid, but not stars, why not get the same type of player later? We should know this with Levitre and Glenn, same with Wood to an extent, even though he was a late first rounder. Remember the last time we took a tackle in the top 10? Epic bust.

You need a guy with a high floor but more importantly a high ceiling in the top ten. That's not a tackle in my mind.

TacklingDummy
05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
If your QB has time to throw, any one can be a playmaker.

Agreed but we also need a QB who can get those playmakers the ball.

stuckincincy
05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Agreed but we also need a QB who can get those playmakers the ball.

Fly Patterns - R - Us.

Mahdi
05-08-2014, 07:16 PM
YESSSS!!!!

Turf
05-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Awesome move.