Will The Pending Sale Of The Team Drive Tonights Pick ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Will The Pending Sale Of The Team Drive Tonights Pick ???

If The Bills trade up into the top 5 to draft a specific player, what will be the reasoning ?

Strictly a football decision ? Selling The Brand ?

How are Whaley and Company viewing this draft ? They could be unemployed within a year, so unique factors could drive this draft.

The picks will speak for themselves. More intrigue than usual.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Uncle Jesse
    • Sep 2004

Re: Will The Pending Sale Of The Team Drive Tonights Pick ???

No chance.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

If this brass wants to win now they should be drafting Johnny Manziel. Of course they will stick to their guns with Manuel. He will falter and we will pick high again next year assuming we don't trade away next year's pick in order to get Clowney.

Then we will have one heck of a defense, with no ability to get a decent QB... that's pretty bleak...

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

Ugh. You can't know that.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Brandon had dinner with Golisano last week to see who he wanted them to draft.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

This franchise likes to sign or draft someone flashy to sell to fans, they do it time and time again.

We didn't sign anyone in FA that was flashy, so I think tonight will be the flashy to excite the fans.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              If The Bills trade up into the top 5 to draft a specific player, what will be the reasoning ?

Strictly a football decision ? Selling The Brand ?

How are Whaley and Company viewing this draft ? They could be unemployed within a year, so unique factors could drive this draft.

The picks will speak for themselves. More intrigue than usual.
              If it does then this team is in a bad situation. I trust in the plan that seemed to be started last offseason with the promotion of Whaley and the addition of new scouting members and adding of Marrone, Manuel etc. As it seems we actually have a blue pring in improving and if we shred all that because Wilson died then I may have to finally give up on this team.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                This franchise likes to sign or draft someone flashy to sell to fans, they do it time and time again.

We didn't sign anyone in FA that was flashy, so I think tonight will be the flashy to excite the fans.
                The Steelers are not what I call a flashy team at the draft nor with free agents and with those being Whaley's roots don't expect anything tonight either. Which honestly is a good thing. I think Whaley seems to put us in a good spot in this draft that we don't have to take any one player and/or position to help us next year. Now let's just hope he gets a strong collection of players like he did last year. As if our 2014 draft was as successful as our 2013 draft then we might having a winning record and shot at the playoffs this year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                  If this brass wants to win now they should be drafting Johnny Manziel. Of course they will stick to their guns with Manuel. He will falter and we will pick high again next year assuming we don't trade away next year's pick in order to get Clowney.

Then we will have one heck of a defense, with no ability to get a decent QB... that's pretty bleak...
                  One of the ost ridiculous things I've ever read on this website.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                    One of the ost ridiculous things I've ever read on this website.
                    Fair enough, but how ridiculous would it look in week 10 when EJ is struggling and Manziel is doing his Johnny Football thing somewhere else?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                      Fair enough, but how ridiculous would it look in week 10 when EJ is struggling and Manziel is doing his Johnny Football thing somewhere else?
                      I like Manziel and I think he would be big fun to watch but he is NOT ready to carry an NFl team. He has a ton to learn and to improve on it's going to take time. If he had a situation like SF with a great running attack and a great D than yeah I could see it, he'd only need to make like a half dozen plays a game. But if you're the Bills and you're looking for him to make 25-30 plays a game from the jump? Nuh uh.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        I like Manziel and I think he would be big fun to watch but he is NOT ready to carry an NFl team. He has a ton to learn and to improve on it's going to take time. If he had a situation like SF with a great running attack and a great D than yeah I could see it, he'd only need to make like a half dozen plays a game. But if you're the Bills and you're looking for him to make 25-30 plays a game from the jump? Nuh uh.
                        I think he'll come into the league with a bull's eye painted on him.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

If Evans and Watkins are gone the Bills will be drafting Beckham.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            If Evans and Watkins are gone the Bills will be drafting Beckham.
                            Thud.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

we'll know shortly. if the bills go for a ticket selling pick and avoid taking an OT at 9, then they are trying to pack the place on optics and not a strong fundamental team.

i'm always the optimist and think the bills just got into the fray to kick the tires on all options. i favor that approach, but i also think, they know they have some really good building blocks and they need help. they don't need just one player. not a 6-10 team. i really am trusting the bills brass to know this, specifically whaley.

Comment

Working...
                              X