PDA

View Full Version : What you probably didn't know about Sammy Watkins...

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/InsideTheLeague/statuses/420276380354375680

#Clemson WR Sammy Watkins has signed with Relativity Sports. Tory Dandy & Eugene Parker will represent him.

Great.......

-Bill

DynaPaul
05-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Well, he'll be here for his rookie contract at least.

Buffalogic
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Is Parker that unreasonable though? Jairus got the contract he deserved. I don't remember if he had Peter's too, but he deserved what he got in Philly and has been great. It's more about the bills not paying than Parker being an idiot.

GingerP
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Don't have to worry about that for 5 years, he is slotted for now. There is nothing really to negotiate.

coastal
05-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Just in time for the LA move.

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Is Parker that unreasonable though? Jairus got the contract he deserved. I don't remember if he had Peter's too, but he deserved what he got in Philly and has been great. It's more about the bills not paying than Parker being an idiot.

Problem is, it's not just Bills payers... Ndamukong Suh and Michael Crabtree are both Parker clients, among many others that have held out (or, in Jairus' case, had an owwie).

If Watkins is a holdout, we'll likely know why...

-Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Don't have to worry about that for 5 years, he is slotted for now. There is nothing really to negotiate.

Didn't matter with Michael Crabtree... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Crabtree#San_Francisco_49ers_.282009-present.29

-Bill

SpikedLemonade
05-08-2014, 08:24 PM

That is crap!

If you read enough here, you would know that the City of Buffalo is on a resurgence.

In 5 years, this city will be as relevant as it was in the 60's.

I think the steel industry is coming back.

Why would anyone want to leave?

don137
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Wasn't Watkins a Bills fan growing up? I thought I saw that somewhere a couple months ago.

Buffalogic
05-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Wasn't Watkins a Bills fan growing up? I thought I saw that somewhere a couple months ago.
Correct

swiper
05-08-2014, 08:42 PM
That is crap!

If you read enough here, you would know that the City of Buffalo is on a resurgence.

I think the steel industry is coming back.

It's like Toronto without the fish farms.

GingerP
05-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Didn't matter with Michael Crabtree... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Crabtree#San_Francisco_49ers_.282009-present.29

-Bill

That was before the new CBA was signed. The rules are different now. We already know what Watkins will make. He will sign a fully GTD 4-year, $19,935,603 deal with a $3,624,655 '14 cap number. His signing bonus should be $12,618,620. If they pick up his option for the 5th year, it will be the transition tag number for that year.

That's it. It is locked in, there really is no negotiating to do with the new CBA.

YardRat
05-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Actually I did know that.

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
That was before the new CBA was signed. The rules are different now. We already know what Watkins will make. He will sign a fully GTD 4-year, $19,935,603 deal with a $3,624,655 '14 cap number. His signing bonus should be $12,618,620. If they pick up his option for the 5th year, it will be the transition tag number for that year.

That's it. It is locked in, there really is no negotiating to do with the new CBA.

That's true that the CBA is different now, but I don't put anything past Parker... Hope his feet don't start hurting for half the season, like Jairus' did...

-Bill

PromoTheRobot
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
That is crap!

The bio-informatics/medical industry is coming to Buffalo.

Fixed it.

PTR

Turf
05-08-2014, 08:59 PM

Haaaa! So there! What's to worry. Plus the dude grew up a Bills fan.

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Plus the dude grew up a Bills fan.

Well, then, they should be able to sign him for $20 a season and a pair of Bills Zubaz pants, right...?

The NFL is now his job... Fandom will not trump dollars, I'd be willing to bet.

-Bill

Turf
05-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Well, then, they should be able to sign him for $20 a season and a pair of Bills Zubaz pants, right...?

The NFL is now his job... Fandom will not trump dollars, I'd be willing to bet.

-Bill

His pay is practically scheduled. He's probably one of 3 players in this draft that is elite. I don't get your cynicism.

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 09:35 PM
His pay is practically scheduled. He's probably one of 3 players in this draft that is elite. I don't get your cynicism.

Byrd's pay was "scheduled" with the Franchise tag... I have little to no doubt that Parker at least suggested he sit for part of the time he did, claiming his "owwie" was flaring up.

Parker has a history of having his clients hold out all over the league... Any Bills fan should be rather experienced in it.

I'm not even uber-concerned about the rookie deal... I'm worried that we'll see the Peters/Byrd situation flare up yet again when the time comes to extend him...

Hope his being a fan of the Bills is a bigger influence than Parker is, or history could very well repeat itself.

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Byrd's pay was "scheduled" with the Franchise tag... I have little to no doubt that Parker at least suggested he sit for part of the time he did, claiming his "owwie" was flaring up.

Parker has a history of having his clients hold out all over the league... Any Bills fan should be rather experienced in it.

I'm not even uber-concerned about the rookie deal... I'm worried that we'll see the Peters/Byrd situation flare up yet again when the time comes to extend him...

Hope his being a fan of the Bills is a bigger influence than Parker is, or history could very well repeat itself.

-Bill

Who ****ing cares? Eugene parker might not even be alive four years from now. Why the **** would anyone be worried about this right now? Insanity

BLeonard
05-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Who ****ing cares? Eugene parker might not even be alive four years from now. Why the **** would anyone be worried about this right now? Insanity

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
to worry about it now is ridiculous.

jimmifli
05-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Parker does a great job representing his clients.

The Bills do a better job convincing their fanbase that departing players are overrated jerks that don't like the city of Buffalo. Exhibit A (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223817-What-you-probably-didn-t-know-about-Sammy-Watkins)

OLDSRIP
05-09-2014, 08:50 AM

I agree. In five years much will change. And if the Bills are a winning team players will want to be here.
If they keep losing many players won't want to stay.

Dr. Who
05-09-2014, 09:25 AM

We're not leaving. You seem to be in the mood to put a damper on everything. Maybe you should find a different team to root for.