• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie G
    • Mar 2003

Some Thoughts for Day 2

There is quality available...

Morgan Moses OT Virginia tall, wing span like a condor, but move feet well. He should be able to hold off all but the fastest pass rushers. Run blocking can use some work, but as Coastal said, he can be taught what needs to be.

Xavier Su'a - Filo - OG UCLA...if he's there...we're lucky and should sprint to the podium. Strong enough to hold off DT's on pass pro, quick enough to get outside on pulls. Hits like a mofo. Pro Bowl quality within a year or two.

Watch the number of key blocks he throws.

CJ Spiller left guard for 25 yards. Key block, Xavier Su'a - Filo.

That sounds pretty good to me.

Joel Bitonio OG, Nevada 6'4 305

All conference LT at Nevada. Most project to guard, I think it was Mayock who said, he doesn't get that...still has the skills to play OT. Write up from Frank Cooney, founder of NFL Draftscout.com

According to one stats service, since the beginning of the 2012 season, he gave up only one quarterback pressure and two sacks and was penalized only five times through a span of 2,054 snaps. Often overworks to needlessly bury a defender. From left tackle last season, Bitonio manhandled UCLA's top ten prospect, OLB Anthony Barr. Frankly: An undersized college tackle, Bitonio can capitalize on his beastly mannerism as a guard who has a full array of tricks to get the job done. - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

Gabe Jackson OG - MIss State

a Coastal 5 card stud. See his thread for write up.

CYRUS KOUANDJIO, OT Bama

Terrible combine, questions about the health of his knee, not so great 2013, (as compared to 2012)..the talent is there...risk/reward pick..

All TE's but Ebron are still there, I think...but damn..there's only one football. Jace Amaro is 265, runs a 4.65 40, and had over 1300 yards last year.

Carr
    Garrapolo
    Savage
    McCarron and
    Murray

are still there to hedge the QB position.

Su'a Filo remains my first choice.
    Last edited by cookie G; 05-08-2014, 11:03 PM.
  • jimmifli
    • Nov 2006

Re: Some Thoughts for Day 2

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
    Carr
    I wouldn't hate it. Screens and short passes to Watkins, Stevie, CJ, and Fred?

I think he's as good or better than his brother. His brother got ****ed by one of the worst OCs and OL's in the last 20 years. In a better situation he could have been successful. I have a friend that's Texan fan that is still sad about what the team did to Carr, that seems to be the opinion of about 80% of the fanbase.

First choice is still OL, but I wouldn't criticize picking Carr.

Comment

• Parzival
      This is a list: They're my demands
      • Aug 2012

I don't think the UCLA guard will be there, but if he is there somehow it has to be the pick.
      Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
        I have a friend that's Texan fan that is still sad about what the team did to Carr, that seems to be the opinion of about 80% of the fanbase.
        Of course they are. They paid good money to watch a man get slowly beaten to death, one week at a time.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• paladin warrior
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Kouandjio Cyrus OT
          Amaro Jace T.E
          Xavier Su'a - OG
          Murphy Trent OLB

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
            I wouldn't hate it. Screens and short passes to Watkins, Stevie, CJ, and Fred?

I think he's as good or better than his brother. His brother got ****ed by one of the worst OCs and OL's in the last 20 years. In a better situation he could have been successful. I have a friend that's Texan fan that is still sad about what the team did to Carr, that seems to be the opinion of about 80% of the fanbase.

First choice is still OL, but I wouldn't criticize picking Carr.
            I thought about this last night driving home...I don't think they will pull the trigger but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I thought about this last night driving home...I don't think they will pull the trigger but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.
              It's hard to be excited for a guy that won't see the field, but I think Carr will be pretty good (he'll have a better career than Pennington). So adding talent if it's a plan B would be fine in my book, especially since we just bet the franchise on plan A.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                If Carr is still there with our pick then I'd look to trade down maybe talk to the Cardinals and see if can get a 4th next year to recoup what lost in the Watkins trade. I posted it last night and stand by think we should be looking for an OT or TE with our 2nd pick. Yet if we stay then I say take Cyrus Kouandjio or Morgan Moses. Yet I could see taking Austin Seferian-Jenkins or Jace Amaro.
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 05-09-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

ESPN Stats & Information reports that Fresno State's Derek Carr completed only 30.9 percent of his passes when under duress in 2013.
                  This number is terrifying for a few reasons. First off, it's the lowest duress rate of any top quarterback prospect. Second, NFL QBs completed 41.5 percent of passes when under duress last year. Only three NFL QBS had a duress percentage lower than Carr's collegiate rate. We don't need to explain the difference between NFL edge rushers and those found in the Mountain West Conference.
                  Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

No thanks.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                    • Sep 2004

LOL at Derek Carr, what is wrong with you people?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                      LOL at Derek Carr, what is wrong with you people?
                      It's called anti-EJ. Personally I don't understand it.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

What they did and said last night should of slammed the door on any QB talk.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          What they did and said last night should of slammed the door on any QB talk.
                          It should, but it won't.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Some musings on what may occur later today in the 2nd rd:

Houston: QB Tom Savage - I'm guessing that Houston will take a chance and draft QB next now that Minnesota probably stole the guy they wanted. Although they could go for another like Derek Carr, I don't think they are enamored with him.

Washington Redskins: OT Cyrus Kouandjio. The Redskins hosted a number of Tackles before the draft. I doubt they will wait longer than the 2nd to address a strong need of theirs.

Cleveland Browns: WR Marquise Lee - giving Johnny some weapons to succeed.

Oakland Raiders: Reportedly, they like QB Derek Carr.

Atlanta Falcons: DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence. It's no secret that Atlanta wants to upgrade their pass rush.

Tampa Bay Bucs: OG Xaviar Su'a-Filo is the logical choice for them as they have a very large need for a top guard.

Jax Jaguars: OG David Yankey. With a new QB, the importance of upgrading their inept Oline increases even more.

Seattle Seahawks: A tackle helps improve the most needed area of their team - OT Moses Malone,

Bills: OK, so giving the scenario above, I probably take OT/OG Joel Bitonio. It's not a sexy pick, but it would close the gap at RT issue that we have. Provided Hairston is ready to return, they can battle it out and the best man can win the spot. If Hairston wins @RT, Bitonio is capable of playing Guard and could shoot inside to replace Urbik, who I consider marginal at best. But overall, Bitonio plays w/that nasty streak that I like to see in my linemen and man-handled speedy LB Anthony Barr last season.

3rd Rd: Though I would like a Guard in the 3rd, I don't think the Bills will choose one and might instead opt to get an ILB just in case we cannot retain Brandon Spikes next year. I'm guessing Spikes'll want to light it up this year in a defensive scheme that will make him look good, and then bolt next year for lots of $$$. As such, I could see us getting his eventual replacement in ILB Preston Brown.

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

Sua'a'filo to Buf'filo

Comment

Working...
                              X