PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything in the NFL more overblown than Buffalo weather?

D'Angelo Vickers
05-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Gruden said something like Watkins may not like the weather.

First off, it doesn't get crappy really until January. Second of all, here is a list of great Bills just off the top of my head from warm climates:

Bruce, Thurman, Bennett, Moulds, Fred Jackson, Lofton was from Cali, Howard Ballard, Nate Odomes, etc etc etc.

But yeah it'll be 40 degrees in November, that should ruin the NFL for them.

#annoyed

imbondz
05-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Yes a lot more things

- - - Updated - - -

They never say it about a prospect going to Green Bay tho

D'Angelo Vickers
05-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Yes a lot more things

- - - Updated - - -

They never say it about a prospect going to Green Bay tho

Or Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philly, New York, Minnesota, Detroit etc

The game is 3 hours. You have to spend 3 hours a week outside. LIke, OMG

OpIv37
05-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Honestly, people who have spent their whole lives in places with bad weather- like WNY- have no idea how much the rest of the country hates remotely cold weather.

People whine about the cold if it's below 40 (even if it's sunny and there's no wind) and any amount of snow creates utter chaos.

Whenever I tell people where I'm from, the first thin they do is make a comment about the winters. I don't know if it'll ruin the NFL for Watkins. Plenty of players from warm climates have done well in cold weather NFL cities. But the mentality about the weather from people like Gruden transcends football and is never going to change.

The Popcorn
05-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Yes. Johnny Manziel.

imbondz
05-09-2014, 08:07 AM
It's all about winning. If we didn't suck no one would say it.

imbondz
05-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Ok but even still winter in upstate NY this year suuuuuuuuucked.

better days
05-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Honestly, people who have spent their whole lives in places with bad weather- like WNY- have no idea how much the rest of the country hates remotely cold weather.

People whine about the cold if it's below 40 (even if it's sunny and there's no wind) and any amount of snow creates utter chaos.

Whenever I tell people where I'm from, the first thin they do is make a comment about the winters. I don't know if it'll ruin the NFL for Watkins. Plenty of players from warm climates have done well in cold weather NFL cities. But the mentality about the weather from people like Gruden transcends football and is never going to change.

Well, I have spent a lot of time in the North West, Oregon & Washington State.

I would take a winter in WNY over those two States any time. Day after day of grey skies, pouring COLD rain, no sun until the spring.

D'Angelo Vickers
05-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I get that it's cold here, but not really until the last maybe 2 or 3 games. They have indoor practice facilities. And there are lots of other cold weather teams, probably coldER

Chicago and Green Bay are certainly colder, but if they draft Eddie Lacy from Alabama that's just a great fit. Nobody mentions that it's colder than hell in Green Bay.

Urlacher went to high school and college in NEW MEXICO and then spent his entire career in f'n Chicago. I have Chicago on my weather app, because I have friends there, and it's usually colder there.

Aaron Rodgers is from California, gets drafted by Green Bay, GREAT FIT!!! OMG match made in heaven!!

Bills draft a guy from Florida, OMG it's sooo cold in Buffallooooooo....

Historian
05-09-2014, 09:54 AM
That would be as silly as me saying that he won the Super Bowl with Dungy's Bucs...

IlluminatusUIUC
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
I get that it's cold here, but not really until the last maybe 2 or 3 games. They have indoor practice facilities. And there are lots of other cold weather teams, probably coldER

Chicago and Green Bay are certainly colder, but if they draft Eddie Lacy from Alabama that's just a great fit. Nobody mentions that it's colder than hell in Green Bay.

Urlacher went to high school and college in NEW MEXICO and then spent his entire career in f'n Chicago. I have Chicago on my weather app, because I have friends there, and it's usually colder there.

Aaron Rodgers is from California, gets drafted by Green Bay, GREAT FIT!!! OMG match made in heaven!!

Bills draft a guy from Florida, OMG it's sooo cold in Buffallooooooo....

Jack Kemp was a Los Angeles native, fwiw.

DynaPaul
05-09-2014, 10:48 AM
It just shows the unoriginality of most of these commentators. Like you all noted, there are far worse places to play, but for some reason when you say Buffalo people not from around here think it's perpetual snow.

The Jokeman
05-09-2014, 10:51 AM
Jack Kemp was a Los Angeles native, fwiw.

Shhhhhhh everyone knows that California QBs suck well except Tom Brady but then again he only wins because the Patriots cheated.

WagonCircler
05-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Ok but even still winter in upstate NY this year suuuuuuuuucked.

It sucked, but not during the games, and not even during the time that players live here.