PDA

View Full Version : Multiple teams had Watikins #1 on their board

Uncle Jesse
05-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Per Schefter.

Basically we got the top guy, certainly offensively available, that multiple teams agreed was the best player in the draft. For 2 picks next year.

I have a strong belief you won't care as much when you watch this dude play. Time to get over it and see what we do tonight. Things are shaping up nicely.

Saratoga Slim
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
As I said in another thread, I agree that we're going to love this guy, and that if he flashes his potential this season, we're going to be a lot less bummed about the value we gave up for him.

justasportsfan
05-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Watkins turned dinks and dunks into huge gains in college. Could be EJ's best friend.

The Jokeman
05-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Watkins turned dinks and dunks into huge gains in college. Could be EJ's best friend.

Dinks and dunks are great as long as the QB has enough time to get the ball out of his hands. I'm hoping Cyrus Kouandjio or Morgan Moses make it to pick 41.

justasportsfan
05-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Dinks and dunks are great as long as the QB has enough time to get the ball out of his hands. I'm hoping Cyrus Kouandjio or Morgan Moses make it to pick 41.

Ej had time which is why we likened him to Trentative. I hope he doesn't throw it to the feet of Watkins.

elltrain22
05-09-2014, 09:16 AM
He does so many things for our offense. His speed and YAC ability forces matchup problems for the secondary. More teams will have to respect our passing game now, b/c not only can Watkins beat you, but the fact that he is that good, makes Robert Woods, Mike Williams, Stevie, and Chandler that much better. Our running game will improve too, b/c less teams will load the box up, b/c if they do, one of our guys can beat you deep or intermediate.

Dr. Who
05-09-2014, 09:47 AM
He's the kind of part that makes the whole much better.

HAMMER
05-09-2014, 11:19 AM
We have a track team on the field now with Graham, Goodwin, Spiller, Watkins, even Woods is fast.