• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

SIAP: Bills expected to try and trade Stevie Johnson

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

...if the Bills went with a receiver in the first round, veteran wideout Stevie Johnson likely goes on the trading block according to a league source. The logic is very simple behind it: the Bills now have five receivers on their roster that demand playing time on offense. Four of those players were brought in by the current general manager and coaching staff, and only one has an astronomical cap hit for 2014 comparatively speaking. Johnson is signed for the next three seasons with cap hits of $8.5 million (2014), $8.85 million (2015) and $8.95 million (2016). Combine that with the clashing personalities of Johnson and head coach Doug Marrone, and it all adds up to the Bills doing what they can to try and move Johnson. The other casualty of the Watkins pick? Former third-round pick T.J. Graham, who was on thin ice even before they selected the Clemson wideout. It’s put up or shut up time in training camp for Graham on both offense and special teams.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: SIAP: Bills expected to try and trade Stevie Johnson

Great fit in San Fran.

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

That's a new twist on our usual strategy of creating new unnecessary holes and then filling them. Now we are filling the hole before we created it. Novel.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
        Great fit in San Fran.
        Do the 49ers have the cap room? And would he want to play there with Boldin and Crabtree already there? Toss in Vernon Davis.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Stevie would be awesome slotted between Watkins and Woods. Why not keep the unit strong? Why do we always have to subtract talent?

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
            Stevie would be awesome slotted between Watkins and Woods. Why not keep the unit strong? Why do we always have to subtract talent?
            Cuz the Bills are the proverbial dog chasing it's own tail team.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

Maybe we can trade him for a tackle.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

What does he offer that Woods doesn't? Outside of bad drops, and a tendency to act like an idiot.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

I'd keep him for this year and if he doesn't step it up and start taking direction I'd try to move him then. At least give him another shot.

Comment

• DBrown77
                    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                    • Mar 2005

He would definitely need to restructure that contract for any trade. We have the cap room and our WR's are constantly injured. We need to keep him at least this year imo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

NFL Network Around The League is predicting the trade will be to Carolina for a 4th;
                      The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        What does he offer that Woods doesn't? Outside of bad drops, and a tendency to act like an idiot.
                        I'd been thinking Johnson and Woods (and IMO, Williams) are a bit redundant. Johnson is good, possibly very good, but he's no longer necessary and they should get value for him while they can. Just not sure how much other teams might want him with that contract/cap hit.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

The Bills know what they have in Stevie. A guy with great potential, that drops balls at crucial points of games. That being said, I would not cry if they kept Stevie, he has a God given ability to get open and does make huge plays for the team as well

I guess I'm indifferent. If they keep him, good, if they trade him, ok.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

He's a better player than Woods. And in my scenario all 3 are on the field so comparing who is better is moot. Im saying Stevie in the slot with Woods and Watkins outside.

Stevie is certainly better than Goodwin or Graham or Williams for that matter. I still think Stevie is a very unique receiver and can help this team.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

He's a better player than Woods. And in my scenario all 3 are on the field so comparing who is better is moot. Im saying Stevie in the slot with Woods and Watkins outside.

Stevie is certainly better than Goodwin or Graham or Williams for that matter. I still think Stevie is a very unique receiver and can help this team.
                              Answer the question, what skill set does he offer that Woods doesn't?

I don't think he's necessarily better than Mike Williams, he's a more consistent player but Williams is a hell of a WR when focused.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X