PDA

View Full Version : Final thoughts after day 2 of the draft.

MJones83
05-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I think that our picks so far have been solid. Our first two picks were both positions of need and best player avaliable. Our third round pick is a good insurance policy for Brandon Spikes and was probably good value on their board.

We ignored tight end and offensive guard. This tells me a couple of things. They are happy with Chris Williams at guard and feel they can resurrect his career. We still may draft some depth but Chris is our starter. In regards to tight end, I think they feel good with Chandler, Smith, and Moeaki at the top of the depth chart and with Gragg, Caussin, and the converted WR Kaufman as depth. They might not be elite talent but our offense might not require an elite tight end. Watkins and Goodwin give is the ability to stretch the field. Watkins, Williams and Woods will be good on those short and intermediate routes. Both Spiller and Jackson can catch out of the backfield. We just need the big bodied red zone threat and all six of our TE's are 6'3" to 6'7".

As for what I think we can expect for day three. I like a RB in the 4th round. Andre Williams comes to mind. With our two fifth round picks and seventh round pick, just BPA. I would like to see depth at OL and DL.

Can we avoid turning this into a ***** fest over not drafting a QB!!!???

YardRat
05-10-2014, 05:05 AM
There's going to be a run on QB's, probably in the fourth, and I wouldn't mind Buffalo being part of it, or even starting it off. Still some decent oline and dline on the board, can always use big bodies. They aren't going to leave a draft without getting at least one DB. I'd also like a RB.