PDA

View Full Version : Watkins agent

unpaid_bills
05-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Just read an article about Sammy Watkins agent guess who? The one and only Eugene Parker

Watkins seems to have amazing character according to the writer great kid

go Bills:pray:

swiper
05-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Bills should not have to feel like they avoid drafting players based on who the agent is.

DraftBoy
05-10-2014, 09:30 AM
The Bills let Byrd basically walk this year instead of franchising him again, that likely built some goodwill with Parker. I don't think this will be an issue at all.

unpaid_bills
05-10-2014, 09:41 AM
The Bills let Byrd basically walk this year instead of franchising him again, that likely built some goodwill with Parker. I don't think this will be an issue at all.

Agree Draft Boy just found the article interesting Parker seems to have lots of history with Bills so that is good I have no idea of their relationship

watkins has great character it appears should be a great Bill for years to come

doug45
05-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Just read an article about Sammy Watkins agent guess who? The one and only Eugene Parker

Watkins seems to have amazing character according to the writer great kid

go Bills:pray:

Great character !? He was arrested in May 2012 for possession of marijuana, Vyvanse, and Adderall, that is not the kind of character I would want!

alohabillsfan
05-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Haha the bills never learn, smh Eugene Parker lmao! Well done Whaley!

Buddo
05-11-2014, 06:38 AM
People also forget that while Parker is Watkins agent, Watkins himself can still drive what happens.
Byrd's situation was somewhat different, especially coming from a family with an NFL background, both playing and coaching.
While somewhat loath to bring up his name, James Hardy also had Parker for an agent, and he told him to get a deal done so he could get into TC.
The time to start worrying about this sort of thing, is 4 years down the line.
Tbh, while a lot can happen in the meantime, Watkins strikes me as the type of guy who is still going to want to be part of the team, irrespective of what Parker tells him.
If that attitude is correct, then he will get paid by the Bills, although the negotiations might be rather protracted. My guess being he will sign a new deal sometime before TC of his 5th year, with negotiations having gone on for most of the previous year

JohnnyGold
05-11-2014, 08:21 AM
the bills overpaid to get him.

if he's close to as productive as they hope he will be, i see no reason why they wouldn't overpay to keep him as well.

it's as simple as that.

alohabillsfan
05-11-2014, 10:27 AM
the bills overpaid to get him.

if he's close to as productive as they hope he will be, i see no reason why they wouldn't overpay to keep him as well.

it's as simple as that.

Because by then the bills will have a new owner, Gm, and coaching staff! Additionally, Watkins will be hampered with EJ as his QB for the next two seasons after that the new Gm and coaching staff will be selecting a rookie QB and the agent will rightfully convince Sammy "hey, your a future hof guy when we get you to a team with an elite QB " what would you do????

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Agents vs. teams. Rottweilers vs. Pit Bulls. Best outcome for the fans is that they maim each other.