PDA

View Full Version : 2 Massive Space Eating OL With Talent

Night Train
05-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm sure loving that. Both guys block the sun.

Skooby
05-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Each is a lucky man, their the only ones that get a tan.

Don't Panic
05-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Best case scenario is a Glenn-Richadson-Wood-Urbick-Cujo line. That would be challenging to attack to say the least. All on you, EJ.

Buffalogic
05-10-2014, 03:49 PM
They are probably going to start Williams and Rich/Urbik at guard

Night Train
05-10-2014, 03:51 PM
They signed Williams to play OG. If anything, Richardson pushes Urbik.

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Two huge rookie offensive lineman named Cyril and Cyrus.

Cyriusly?

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Why so Cyrius?

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Cujo and Cyrich?

YardRat
05-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Apparently the team has finally run the gamut with 'Williams' and 'Whatever-J's', so we're moving on to CYR'S.

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Cyril Richardson

http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2014-may/richardson-action-story.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f8ytgp7DFRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Remember Ed Wang?

I think he was a 5th rounder..........

DynaPaul
05-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Let's just hope neither is the next Mike Williams.

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Does Cyril Richardson start at right guard next to Cyrus Kouandjio at tackle?

X-Era
05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Very possible.

Novacane
05-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Remember Ed Wang?

Was he a 2 time all american and big 12 OL of the year?

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Another OT with the Bills last pick.

Henderson. 6'6 330 lbs....former 5 star recruit to USC, but went to Miami...got in trouble....

I'm loving this draft.

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Was he a 2 time all american and big 12 OL of the year?

I'm all on board with Richardson, the 2013 Jim Parker Award winner as college football's best offensive lineman.

What a difference a GM like Doug Whaley makes compared to the Ed Wang pick.

cookie G
05-10-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm surprised Spiked hasn't chimed in yet...not only has he been begging for OL help for years, but he's been begging for road graders.

He just got his wish.

They said they wanted biggun's on the OL...they weren't kidding.

Neither is as safe a pick as, say Matthews, because neither has that agility but both are capable of moving people in the run game, which should make Spiller and Jackson, as well as Brown, extremely happy. If they work out as Whaley and Marrone hope, and the right offensive plan is created, this could be a unit that imposes its will on other teams.

Everyone knows about Bama's running game, but keep in mind, Baylor averaged 230 + yards rushing per game last year. And Richardson was easily their best blocker.

In terms of pass protection, I think you might see more clean shots on teh QB, but you aren't going to see the pocket collapse in 1.5 seconds any more. To me, that was the bigger problem, and had been for years. These are both guys that, when they lock up on someone, are capable of holding someone off for 4-5 seconds. If you watch a guy like Richardson on pass pro...the DL better hope to get around him, because he's not going through him.

In terms of the question marks from the bad games each had (Richardson in the Senior Bowl practices and Kouandjio against Oklahoma), Whaley and Monos addressed them.

Richardson struggled against Aaron Donald..but to me, that's not surprising..because I've seen Donald make lots of OL look silly. But he said that once the game started, Richardson was fine. During the season, he was more than fine.

When asking about Kouandjio, Whaley just said.."at RT, we're not going to be asking him to block 190 lb DE's."

There are going to be question marks, struggles...but we these two..the OL actually has the ability to be dominant for a change.

cookie G
05-10-2014, 05:20 PM
And I loved Kouandjio in Cadillac Records

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XZCWzg__zeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Two huge rookie offensive lineman named Cyril and Cyrus.

Cyriusly?

Hey, Marv used to draft guys with names like Melvin Flowers. This is an improvement.

cookie G
05-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey, Marv used to draft guys with names like Melvin Flowers. This is an improvement.

CJ Ay You!

Mace
05-10-2014, 05:31 PM
And I loved Kouandjio in Cadillac Records

Had to look up Cadillac Records. I loved the Chess stuff, had no clue of such a movie. How was it ?

BillsImpossible
05-10-2014, 05:32 PM

Erik Flowers was a fine young man.

The Popcorn
05-10-2014, 05:33 PM
They signed Williams to play OG. If anything, Richardson pushes Urbik.

I think he unseats Williams. Urbik plays better than most people think. I think Williams is a wasted signing.

cookie G
05-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Had to look up Cadillac Records. I loved the Chess stuff, had no clue of such a movie. How was it ?

Music was great...not really all that historically accurate. They had Leonard Chess in an affair with Etta James (played surprisingly well by Beyonce).

The guy who played Little Walter did great. He covered my babe really well.

That's Eammon Walker as Howlin' Wolf. Did a very good job, considering he's British.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Scout.com has Richardson as the 4th best OG in the draft, and the 75th best player overall.

The Popcorn
05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Scout.com has Richardson as the 4th best OG in the draft, and the 75th best player overall.

I think he got over analyzed in Indianapolis and Pro Day. Throw the pads on and you have a different person. The Bills got a steal in my opinion.

Jry44
05-10-2014, 06:07 PM
I think he unseats Williams. Urbik plays better than most people think. I think Williams is a wasted signing.

Not from a depth standpoint. .....

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 08:19 PM
CJ Ay You!

CJ Ay Yourself, and see how you like it!

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Erik Flowers was a fine young man.

So was Melvin Fowler, I suppose.

Too bad neither was a particularly good football player.

Mace
05-10-2014, 08:27 PM
So was Melvin Fowler, I suppose.

Too bad neither was a particularly good football player.

Close enough to Flowers and Melvin's are not good at the top level though kicked out decent metal in their day.

jimmifli
05-10-2014, 08:31 PM
CJ Ay You!
Gazoontight

GvilleBills
05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
The foundation has been laid for the Great Wall of Buffalo...
I'm stoked.

RedEyE
05-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Remember Ed Wang?

I think Wang had 18" long arms. It was embarrassing.

Bill Cody
05-10-2014, 10:38 PM
I think Wang had 18" long

18" Wang? That's crazy

kingJofNYC
05-10-2014, 10:41 PM
All 3 players have boom bust, I wouldn't even count on Henderson. That kid gives no ****s about football, had everything handed to him growing up, but he's worth a shot much like the one we gave a certain WR last season...

I'll be happy if Cyrus pans out, more important to get him playing consistently than the other two.

psubills62
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I like having the massive guys who can get an automatic 3 yards on a 3rd and 1. Even if they're not perfect in pass protection, just need to be good enough.

I've been wondering - what's going on with Hairston? I know he was injured, but nobody seems to mention him anymore. I thought he could have been decent as a starter, possibly moving to interior.

better days
05-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised Spiked hasn't chimed in yet...not only has he been begging for OL help for years, but he's been begging for road graders.

He just got his wish.

Neither is as safe a pick as, say Matthews, because neither has that agility but both are capable of moving people in the run game, which should make Spiller and Jackson, as well as Brown, extremely happy. If they work out as Whaley and Marrone hope, and the right offensive plan is created, this could be a unit that imposes its will on other teams.

Everyone knows about Bama's running game, but keep in mind, Baylor averaged 230 + yards rushing per game last year. And Richardson was easily their best blocker.

In terms of pass protection, I think you might see more clean shots on teh QB, but you aren't going to see the pocket collapse in 1.5 seconds any more. To me, that was the bigger problem, and had been for years. These are both guys that, when they lock up on someone, are capable of holding someone off for 4-5 seconds. If you watch a guy like Richardson on pass pro...the DL better hope to get around him, because he's not going through him.

In terms of the question marks from the bad games each had (Richardson in the Senior Bowl practices and Kouandjio against Oklahoma), Whaley and Monos addressed them.

Richardson struggled against Aaron Donald..but to me, that's not surprising..because I've seen Donald make lots of OL look silly. But he said that once the game started, Richardson was fine. During the season, he was more than fine.

When asking about Kouandjio, Whaley just said.."at RT, we're not going to be asking him to block 190 lb DE's."

There are going to be question marks, struggles...but we these two..the OL actually has the ability to be dominant for a change.

Spiked is busy scouring the internet for news of the Bills moving from Buffalo.

ParanoidAndroid
05-11-2014, 09:10 AM
The Bills either stole 3/5 of an O-line in one draft or wasted picks on unrealized talent hidden behind bad attitudes. Marrone better work some magic on these guys because if he does, this is going to change this offense into an imposing force.

The Popcorn
05-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Is it possible that Henderson was drafted to be a G/T? He has the size to move inside.

Meathead
05-11-2014, 09:30 AM
just remember, mike jasper was a massive space eater and hes out of the league

The Jokeman
05-11-2014, 10:01 AM

The difference is Jasper wasn't as athletically gifted as the guys we got today and didn't play in big time football programs in college. I like the Bills got Kouandjio and Richardson. Henderson was a risk that I'd wish we had not taken. As think we haven't addressed the D-line depth question we had going into the draft one iota.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm sure loving that. Both guys block the sun.

Like Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker? :handball:

SpikedLemonade
05-11-2014, 11:08 AM

He just got his wish.

Busy hosting a BBQ and then the hockey game yesterday.

I like these big OL. It is what we need to run successfully behind.

They are risky picks but they have big upsides.

I hope we get lucky.

I still wish we would have used that 3rd round pick on Gabe.

Goobylal
05-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't see risk with Kujo or Richardson. Henderson, definitely.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 11:49 AM
I don't see risk with Kujo or Richardson. Henderson, definitely.

I have a built-in bias against Alabama players, and I read the words of a wag somewhere who said that Henderson has more red flags than in a May Day parade in Moscow, but WTH, it's about time tor then to take a serious stab at it.

Woodman
05-11-2014, 11:52 AM
You got big man.

Love our draft big, bad, fast and nasty.

cookie G
05-11-2014, 11:54 AM
Busy hosting a BBQ and then the hockey game yesterday.

I like these big OL. It is what we need to run successfully behind.

They are risky picks but they have big upsides.

I hope we get lucky.

I still wish we would have used that 3rd round pick on Gabe.

Well, maybe this will make you feel better about not taking Gabe Jackson...

Against UCF (LG, no. 68)

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MLujH-LdyrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cookie G
05-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Against Oklahoma last season

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fcL12fYjz_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You have to watch the whole video on both of these games...he gets stronger as the games go on.

Note how little he is moved back on a bull rush. It ain't happening.

Note the distance he often moves a DT who is straight up on him.

There’s no greater feeling than moving a man from point A to point B against his will

~Russ Grimm

Expect problems with quick 3 techs, or those pesky blitzing LB's from time to time.

But...these guys, plus Wood and Glenn, can take turns pounding on a guy like Wilfork...just for the hell of it. Wood hits him straight up, Glenn or Cujo takes him out on a trap play, Richardson nails him on a cross block.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 12:08 PM
You want us to watch 20 minutes of rah-rah video? Easy to post - tough to do... :weightlift:

SpikedLemonade
05-11-2014, 12:13 PM
His run blocking push is very good.

cookie G
05-11-2014, 12:31 PM
You want us to watch 20 minutes of rah-rah video? Easy to post - tough to do... :weightlift:

sigh...they aren't really Rah rah videos...it is basically each offensive play for a game, good and bad, for a given game.

But don't feel the need. You can always seek out some canned scouting report from Biff Jurgenson of Iamasixteenyearolddraftfanaticandwannabescout.com and then quote their stupidity.

I'd just as soon watch for myself and then quote my own stupidity.

Night Train
05-11-2014, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=stuckincincy;3946171]Like Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker? :handball:[/Q

Great parallel. It's 2014, by the way... :rolleyes:

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 12:47 PM
sigh...they aren't really Rah rah videos...it is basically each offensive play for a game, good and bad, for a given game.

But don't feel the need. You can always seek out some canned scouting report from Biff Jurgenson of Iamasixteenyearolddraftfanaticandwannabescout.com and then quote their stupidity.

I'd just as soon watch for myself and then quote my own stupidity.

Cripes...

Clubs have spent untold hours and $ checking things out. The draft deed is done.

bleve
05-11-2014, 01:00 PM

Indeed, at 6:52 in the 2nd video, he knocks his guy over.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=stuckincincy;3946171]Like Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker? :handball:[/Q

Great parallel. It's 2014, by the way... :rolleyes:

An exquisite parallel...14 years on the outs, 10 years since even a season above .500. Surely you recall the hoopla about Dockery/Walker,7 years ago...the road graders that would explode the rushing records, the immovable objects against a pass rush.

Now we have 2 massive space eating OLs with talent. Rookies.

Let's not count unhatched chickens.

cookie G
05-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Cripes...

Clubs have spent untold hours and $ checking things out. The draft deed is done.

That's nice..thanks for sharing.

I have no idea what you shared...but carry on with whatever point you're trying to make.

Double Cripes.

The Popcorn
05-11-2014, 02:39 PM

Here's his credentials. Not bad for a 5th round pick.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cyril_richardson_437840.html

BillsImpossible
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM

Jasper wasn't drafted.

Goobylal
05-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Jasper wasn't drafted.
He was. 7th rounder.

mysticsoto
05-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Is it possible that Henderson was drafted to be a G/T? He has the size to move inside.

What I've read about him says that despite his size, he has the moves/agility of a linebacker...maybe that's an exaggeration, but the point remains that he is apparently pretty quick for his size. If anybody has any video links, please post...

JoeMama
05-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Did anyone else see his rockin' hot little mommy of a girlfriend?

I'm in favor of drafting him based on her alone.