PDA

View Full Version : Rams take Sam

YardRat
05-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Staying close to home, with a compensatory pick.

Night Train
05-10-2014, 05:36 PM
He can rush the passer and make a pass in the same moment. Kidding !

Rooting for the guy.

Crisis
05-10-2014, 05:41 PM
There's no way he's making that team. Aren't the Rams really loaded on the DL now?

coastal
05-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Special teams wedge breaker...

ServoBillieves
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
And the Chargers drafted Marion Grice. No significance, hes a human athlete who is good at football. Couldn't care less that he is gay. Blown way out of proportion.

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 06:45 PM
And the Chargers drafted Marion Grice. No significance, hes a human athlete who is good at football. Couldn't care less that he is gay. Blown way out of proportion.

Actually, he's not that good at football.

Mike13
05-10-2014, 07:17 PM
the pearl clutchers are up in arms that he kissed his boyfriend on TV.

Skooby
05-10-2014, 07:17 PM
He's a TE hunter.

Mace
05-10-2014, 07:24 PM
I hope Sam makes it. I really hope all of the players will. I know they won't. But I watch the later rounds, to see who gets a moment of glee. It has to be a great feeling. I'm delighted for him. Delighted for everyone of them and even every one of those that hooks up as an UDFA, because it's fun getting a chance for rare glory and having a chance to chase a dream. I love that about the draft, the early camps.

Knew a couple people had a shot in pro camps or tryouts for major college programs, they didn't make it, beamed with pride about it. Just so, was beyond me.

Props.

Novacane
05-10-2014, 08:10 PM
the pearl clutchers are up in arms that he kissed his boyfriend on TV.

Pretty obvious who the pitcher and catcher are in that relationship.

Mace
05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Pretty obvious who the pitcher and catcher are in that relationship.

Might not be and I don't feel a need to speculate in any case as it involves subconscious visualizations you might not realize you're having, but just purposefully created.

Mike13
05-10-2014, 08:17 PM
I don’t think he is really gay; did you see the interior of that house: HORRENDOUS!

Mace
05-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I don’t think he is really gay; did you see the interior of that house: HORRENDOUS!

Well that was my thought too. Yeesh. I've always maintained Sam is not really gay but claimed so to publicize himself. You watch, he'll be dating a female Kardashian in a month, like Bruce Jenner and oh ho, he's switched teams and has better taste in furniture.

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Hahaha. That reminds me of the Sopranos episode "Pine Barrens."

Tony Soprano: [over the phone] It's a bad connection so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed!

Paulie 'Walnuts': You're not gonna believe this. He killed sixteen Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.

Christopher Moltisanti: His house looked like ****.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Sam is gay? WTF cares?

Mike13
05-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I will say this, come January, the Rams will have the best dressed 53 man roster in the NFL.

Skooby
05-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I will say this, come January, the Rams will have the best dressed 53 man roster in the NFL.

Not in the playoffs.

WagonCircler
05-10-2014, 11:39 PM
I hope Sam .....gets a moment of glee..

He's likely to get a guest spot on Glee.

MikeInRoch
05-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Gladly.

MikeInRoch
05-11-2014, 12:23 AM
In America we will shove the cold hard shaft of tolerance down your throat, whether you like it or not.

In America, our social norms have shifted to where we don't put down people for having a different orientation. And we shun those who don't accept those norms. And that's good.

BuffaloRedleg
05-11-2014, 02:42 AM
I hope Sam makes it. I really hope all of the players will. I know they won't. But I watch the later rounds, to see who gets a moment of glee. It has to be a great feeling. I'm delighted for him. Delighted for everyone of them and even every one of those that hooks up as an UDFA, because it's fun getting a chance for rare glory and having a chance to chase a dream. I love that about the draft, the early camps.

Knew a couple people had a shot in pro camps or tryouts for major college programs, they didn't make it, beamed with pride about it. Just so, was beyond me.

Props.

I'm telling ya you are spot on. Watching these giant kids cry is pretty neat. Us on the internet are the masters of "this guy is a bum" "he sucks" "he's a pussy" etc etc is pretty sad in the end. These guys worked their whole life and seeing them emotional and thank their moms and coaches after getting drafted for one moment in time restores my hope in humanity. Doesn't last long, but it's great.

BuffaloRedleg
05-11-2014, 02:43 AM
One day you are going to have to explain this to your children:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--d38TsH00--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/vyvu7lunxouueg0aqjrv.gif

Pretty sure our children will not have a problem with it. It's only going to be you having a problem with it.

Novacane
05-11-2014, 06:27 AM
The first time they kissed was no big deal. There were shots of girlfriends kissing their drafted boyfriends throughout the draft. The smashing cake in the face and practically eating it out of each others mouths was over the top. It's a cheesy look at me thing when they do it at weddings and that's exactly what it was yesterday.

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Sam going in Round 7 was a great moment and a great close to the draft.

The moment he shared with his boyfriend was wonderful and the people who are taking issue with it are the same as always.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-11-2014, 07:28 AM
My son just went through the recruiting process for football. It was a thrill just to experience seeing him at prospect camps and working with college coaches... Coaches from all over the country calling and talking with him. Wild to watch him turn down some scholarships because the situation was not right.... Then to finally decide and be welcomed by the coaches. A life lasting experience. I'm glad all these guys have had this opportunity because it will always be a fond memory

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Which part exactly?

The fake tears?
The smooch?
or the foreplay?

All of it, and ESPN having replayed it 500 times has only made it better.

Enjoy...

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 08:59 AM
^That's (the kiss) not a big deal...the whole scene was staged and just felt very contrived, though. The entire spectacle (especially the suggestive cake scene) is the antithesis of what he said several days ago about (paraphrased) "wanting to be known for something else other than twinkery." So he's a confirmed liar AND a diva.

Beautiful moment though, high watermark for liberals everywhere. I'm sure some even came.

Got it...

WagonCircler
05-11-2014, 09:03 AM
^That's (the kiss) not a big deal....

The hilarious part is that the leftist will preach about tolerance when they're the thought police, downright facist when it comes to anyone who disagrees with their world view.

The kiss is repulsive.

I stand by their right to kiss. That's the whole pursuit of happiness thing. I don't think they should be bullied or vilified.

But I also have the right to find it disgusting.

How tolerant are you of that, Glee fans?

Don't bother to answer. I already know. You're tolerant of everyone, provided that they agree with you.

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 09:19 AM
The hilarious part is that the leftist will preach about tolerance when they're the thought police, downright facist when it comes to anyone who disagrees with their world view.

The kiss is repulsive.

I stand by their right to kiss. That's the whole pursuit of happiness thing. I don't think they should be bullied or vilified.

But I also have the right to find it disgusting.

How tolerant are you of that, Glee fans?

Don't bother to answer. I already know. You're tolerant of everyone, provided that they agree with you.

The funny thing is that you (plural) think this is being tolerant or intolerant when its not. I have no problem with you (plural) finding it disgusting, if you (plural) want to think that way that's your (plural) right. What I enjoy are the things that you (plural) bring down upon yourself (plural) when you (plural) are stupid enough to think that your (plural) opinion either matters or doesn't come with repercussions. Then you (plural) cry about freedom of speech and again look dumb because you (plural) don't understand that that protection only extends to your (plural) ability to spew whatever lack of cognitive thought you (plural) can create in the moment and not the reaction that you (plural) will receive from that.

The other part that is incredibly entertaining is seeing just how worked up grown men can get about two dudes kissing a few thousand miles away. Please continue to respond because I'm having an absolute ball reading all of these responses here, on twitter, and facebook.

Meathead
05-11-2014, 09:42 AM
just remember we have to apply the 'thug' rule here:

if you call michael sam gay that means youre calling all blacks gay

Meathead
05-11-2014, 09:46 AM
To be fair I'd have the same opinion if it was bestiality that was broadcasted.

pmoon6
05-11-2014, 10:14 AM
The funny thing is that you (plural) think this is being tolerant or intolerant when its not. I have no problem with you (plural) finding it disgusting, if you (plural) want to think that way that's your (plural) right. What I enjoy are the things that you (plural) bring down upon yourself (plural) when you (plural) are stupid enough to think that your (plural) opinion either matters or doesn't come with repercussions. Then you (plural) cry about freedom of speech and again look dumb because you (plural) don't understand that that protection only extends to your (plural) ability to spew whatever lack of cognitive thought you (plural) can create in the moment and not the reaction that you (plural) will receive from that.

The other part that is incredibly entertaining is seeing just how worked up grown men can get about two dudes kissing a few thousand miles away. Please continue to respond because I'm having an absolute ball reading all of these responses here, on twitter, and facebook.It's not that some of us want to stifle expression or want to restrict someone's rights. It's the automatic cheerleading to show just how much of an enlightened and progressive person one is. You're looking for approval and want to be seen as "with it". When someone doesn't feel that way, they are vilified.

Why don't you just put them in stocks in the town square and throw fruit.

Personally, I find overdisplay of affection and emotion in public to be in poor taste whatever sexual persuasion. It's really a private matter, but if that's what you chose to do, don't be surprised if some object. That's where the free speech part comes in. If you do object, you are shouted down by politically correct douchebags like yourself.

WagonCircler
05-11-2014, 10:22 AM

The other part that is incredibly entertaining is seeing just how worked up grown men can get about two dudes kissing a few thousand miles away. Please continue to respond because I'm having an absolute ball reading all of these responses here, on twitter, and facebook.

It's funny what you consider "worked up."

My opinion matters in so much as this is an internet message board. A place for opinions.

The thing that's truly annoying is the "I'm rooting for the guy" poseur bull****.

Why should I root for him? Let's say there's a guy out there who's drafted in the seventh round who has a disgusting habit of rubbing dog crap on his balls before every game. Why would I root for him? I see the guy with the dog crap on his joint and the guy kissing the other guy equally, which is to say that I don't give a damn about either of them. Neither of their filthy habits have anything to do with me.

And I won't pretend to give a damn about this whether Sam succeeds, and I'm sure that makes you (plural) seethe inside.

IF I do hope he fails, which I'm leaning heavily towards, it's because then I don't have to see or hear as swipes like Rich Eisen and Bob Costas hijack NFL coverage with their annoying grandstanding. That's worth rooting for.

Now HERE is a guy I'll root for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-draft-safety-mo-alexander--who-used-to-work-as-a-janitor-at-edward-jones-dome-175420103.html

Mike13
05-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Anybody see that Dolphin player who was the latest to be hunted down by the pitchfork mob? Simply tweeted "OMG. Horrible," and now he's today's bad guy.

In America we will shove the cold hard shaft of tolerance down your throat, whether you like it or not.

why don't you eat a bullet liket he gentleman in your avatar?

Mike13
05-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Couple things here...

1. He didn't kill himself, so great job exposing your lack of knowledge--does it frustrate you how easily i make you look bad, tbh?:rofl:

2. Why do you try so hard to gain acceptance from Bills fans? Honest question.

1) I thought that was Rommel?

2) LOL When the **** have I ever said I am trying to be accepted by Bills fans?

And the only person you make look bad is yourself, you're a ****ty troll and a legend in your own mind.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 01:33 PM
1) I thought that was Rommel?

2) LOL When the **** have I ever said I am trying to be accepted by Bills fans?

And the only person you make look bad is yourself, you're a ****ty troll and a legend in your own mind.

Old eyes know. The image is that of Heinz Guderian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Guderian

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 06:47 PM
It's not that some of us want to stifle expression or want to restrict someone's rights. It's the automatic cheerleading to show just how much of an enlightened and progressive person one is. You're looking for approval and want to be seen as "with it". When someone doesn't feel that way, they are vilified.

Why don't you just put them in stocks in the town square and throw fruit.

Personally, I find overdisplay of affection and emotion in public to be in poor taste whatever sexual persuasion. It's really a private matter, but if that's what you chose to do, don't be surprised if some object. That's where the free speech part comes in. If you do object, you are shouted down by politically correct douchebags like yourself.

Whose looking for approval exactly? Him being drafted is news and nobody really went into the kiss thing into DBP decided go in on it. Otherwise it would of been left alone. If you feel vilified for you opinion, then maybe you should rethink your opinion.

Because that wouldn't be any fun. Its much more fun to watch grown white men act like a bunch of victims in the game of societal blame.

There was no over display of affection or emotion imo even if he was a heterosexual male. The kiss was rather innocent and while I can't tell you a reason why ESPN ran the spot for so long other than the PR and ratings were frigging gold nothing in the clip or the one after was really that much PDA and like you I'm very much anti-PDA.

If you do object you do so at your own risk, just as you always have. The only difference now is that while you were once in the majority, you are now in the minority and you don't like that anymore. Nothing more and nothing less.

DraftBoy
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
It's funny what you consider "worked up."

My opinion matters in so much as this is an internet message board. A place for opinions.

The thing that's truly annoying is the "I'm rooting for the guy" poseur bull****.

Why should I root for him? Let's say there's a guy out there who's drafted in the seventh round who has a disgusting habit of rubbing dog crap on his balls before every game. Why would I root for him? I see the guy with the dog crap on his joint and the guy kissing the other guy equally, which is to say that I don't give a damn about either of them. Neither of their filthy habits have anything to do with me.

And I won't pretend to give a damn about this whether Sam succeeds, and I'm sure that makes you (plural) seethe inside.

IF I do hope he fails, which I'm leaning heavily towards, it's because then I don't have to see or hear as swipes like Rich Eisen and Bob Costas hijack NFL coverage with their annoying grandstanding. That's worth rooting for.

Now HERE is a guy I'll root for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rams-draft-safety-mo-alexander--who-used-to-work-as-a-janitor-at-edward-jones-dome-175420103.html

What's funnier is you think I was talking specifically about you, despite putting the (plural) next to every reference so you wouldn't get confused.

This being a place for opinion doesn't validate yours.

That's a convenient viewpoint.

Nobody asked for you to root for him, so I'm not sure the relevancy of your question.

So you root against a kid, who you claim to hold nothing against, because others have chosen to champion his cause? That makes a lot of sense.

And if St. Louis doesn't take Alexander, you know nothing about him. So when do you take your Jihad to Yahoo for championing his cause over others? Or is this strictly because its not the gay cause?

Mike13
05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Looks nothing like Rommel...and even then, Rommel didn't shoot himself (cyanide). Consider that first history lesson on the house

And if I'm such a ****ty troll then how come you follow me around like a forbidden city eunuch into each thread?:rofl:

I'm following you? HOLY **** you're delusional, does that mean I'm following around Draftboy because I am posting in the same thread as him?

WagonCircler
05-11-2014, 08:42 PM
What's funnier is you think I was talking specifically about you, despite putting the (plural) next to every reference so you wouldn't get confused.

This being a place for opinion doesn't validate yours.

That's a convenient viewpoint.

Nobody asked for you to root for him, so I'm not sure the relevancy of your question.

So you root against a kid, who you claim to hold nothing against, because others have chosen to champion his cause? That makes a lot of sense.

And if St. Louis doesn't take Alexander, you know nothing about him. So when do you take your Jihad to Yahoo for championing his cause over others? Or is this strictly because its not the gay cause?

See, this is what you do.

You insert your own twisted facts where there were none. And you really struggle with logic.

Because I don't root FOR someone does not mean that I waste even a single calorie of energy rooting against them. I'm simply apathetic, the way I would be about the fifth string Defensive End on the Arizona Cardinals or Seattle Seahawks, because I neither know nor care about them.

And that would be the case with Sam as well, were it not for whining jagoffs like you, wailing because a low value player who probably won't make the Rams was drafted in a low round.

I love the janitor story for the same reason that I love the Larry Fitzgerald story. (Google it, *******). It's interesting. Unlike seeing Sam kiss a man, which is nauseating.

Historian
05-12-2014, 07:14 AM

Interesting metaphor...

Novacane
05-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Now Sam is whining like AJ Mccarron saying he should of gone in the first 3 rounds.

And you know what I feel like I’m a (Jadeveon) Clowney, a first draft pick. I’m proud of where I am now.”

Delusional!

Novacane
05-12-2014, 09:23 AM
This sounds like Fisher took him because he's gay. NFL.com writer was in the Rams’ draft room and reported late Saturday night that head coach Jeff Fisher unexpectedly suggested taking Sam, a player the team had not given much consideration to before.

Fisher is going into his third season with St. Louis after spending 17 seasons with the Titans franchise.

“We’re in an age of diversity. Players understand that, they know that,” Fisher said. “People will try to make it a distraction but it’s not a distraction.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/sam-i-should-have-been-drafted-in-the-first-three-rounds/

better days
05-12-2014, 09:32 AM
This sounds like Fisher took him because he's gay. NFL.com writer was in the Rams’ draft room and reported late Saturday night that head coach Jeff Fisher unexpectedly suggested taking Sam, a player the team had not given much consideration to before.

Fisher is going into his third season with St. Louis after spending 17 seasons with the Titans franchise.

“We’re in an age of diversity. Players understand that, they know that,” Fisher said. “People will try to make it a distraction but it’s not a distraction.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/sam-i-should-have-been-drafted-in-the-first-three-rounds/

Nothing more than a ploy to attract GAY & MIZZOU fans to the Rams.

trapezeus
05-12-2014, 10:34 AM
we should create a section in the zone for close minded arrogant fools. i nominate the name "Danny Batten Power Zone" to be the name of such comments.

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2014, 10:58 AM
He's a TE hunter.
Aren't we all?

Mr. Miyagi
05-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Vegetarians have the right to not eat any meat, the right to privately disapprove and be disgusted when they see someone else eat meat, and even the right to voice their opinion about why people shouldn't eat meat. But I also have the right to eat a big fat juicy steak if I feel like it. We are all entitled to our opinions, which is why this is a free society.

The line is only crossed if one side actively does something to violate the right of the other side and prevent them from having that right.

So pro-Sam people: Be proud of being his cheerleader, historic event so on so forth.
Anti-Sam people: Be disgusted all you feel like about him kissing a dude on TV. You should not have to like it just because someone else thnks it's OK.

WagonCircler
05-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Vegetarians have the right to not eat any meat, the right to privately disapprove and be disgusted when they see someone else eat meat, and even the right to voice their opinion about why people shouldn't eat meat. But I also have the right to eat a big fat juicy steak if I feel like it. We are all entitled to our opinions, which is why this is a free society.

The line is only crossed if one side actively does something to violate the right of the other side and prevent them from having that right..

You mean something like this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dolphins-fine-and-suspend-player-for-tweeting-negative-comment-about-michael-sam-025704270.html

Funny, people were allowed to bash Tebow with impunity. But this guy has an honest reaction to something he finds repulsive, and this happens.

This is how facism gains a foothold.

djjimkelly
05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
ill chime in on this.

look this is a nice story of how brave this young man is. i have a few gay friends and have absolutely nothing against anymore who choose whatever sexual lifestyle they want.

however !!!!!!!!!!! espn the 249th pick does not need 4 hours on espn everyday. it happened two days ago and great for sam. but why not talk about the 245th pick and applaud him of how hard his journey was.

this story is over he is in the league and good for him. now treat this guy like every other 7th rounder and treat him like a non story and stop glorifying homosexuality who cares hes a football player like every other 2nd day pick

trapezeus
05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
ill chime in on this.

look this is a nice story of how brave this young man is. i have a few gay friends and have absolutely nothing against anymore who choose whatever sexual lifestyle they want.

however !!!!!!!!!!! espn the 249th pick does not need 4 hours on espn everyday. it happened two days ago and great for sam. but why not talk about the 245th pick and applaud him of how hard his journey was.

this story is over he is in the league and good for him. now treat this guy like every other 7th rounder and treat him like a non story and stop glorifying homosexuality who cares hes a football player like every other 2nd day pick

on football terms, he's a maybin character isn't he? small for DE, but good stats. may not translate to the pros, but if it does, he could be an impact player.

as for tebow, he probably was gay or else he doesn't have the fundamentalist belief. also, he was taken first overall and he had horrible mechanics. look at how many other qbs this year fell in the draft and actually can throw the ball and read a defense. Tebow should never have even been drafted if it wasn't for the hoopla of his religious beliefs.

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
on football terms, he's a maybin character isn't he? small for DE, but good stats. may not translate to the pros, but if it does, he could be an impact player.

as for tebow, he probably was gay or else he doesn't have the fundamentalist belief. also, he was taken first overall and he had horrible mechanics. look at how many other qbs this year fell in the draft and actually can throw the ball and read a defense. Tebow should never have even been drafted if it wasn't for the hoopla of his religious beliefs.

Tebow was taken first overall?

trapezeus
05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
i meant in the first round. sorry. but based on the hype of his religious beliefs (a lot of players and staff share the same religious beliefs) and his winning record, people totally overlooked that he can't read a defense and he can't throw a ball. seems like big things to overlook for the sake of having someone who thinks just like you, don't you think?

WagonCircler
05-12-2014, 12:18 PM
as for tebow, he probably was gay or else he doesn't have the fundamentalist belief..

This might me the dumbest single sentence ever typed on the internet.

Congratulations.

Dr. Who
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
It's just fabulous.

Historian
05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
You really have to wonder what goes through these people's heads and if they ever ask themselves, "Hey wait, just what exactly am I applading/acknowledging?"

Or wonder if people like yourself ever ask themselves, "Hey wait, just what exactly am I *****ing about?"

swiper
05-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey buddy, I can't help but notice you've mentioned me a few times lately, yet I wasn't aware of your existence till recently. I'll do my best not to skim over your posts from now on...you seem like a very interesting person with fresh takes and lots of friends.

How would you feel about him if you found out he was "taking it up the ass?"

trapezeus
05-12-2014, 12:43 PM
This might me the dumbest single sentence ever typed on the internet.

Congratulations.

right, because there isn't an unusually high number of super religious people who aren't closeted and are self loathing. religious people "Know" god. i forgot got. silly me.

Meathead
05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Anybody has the right to take it up the ass or get their tonsils coated in semen

a little too specific if you get my drift

EricStratton
05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
The same way I do now, completely indifferent--unless of course he was panhandling for sympathy and making a spectacle of it like Sam.

How did the player make a spectacle of this?

Blame ESPN of the NFL network but he did nothing that 256 other players didn't do.

When MIke Evans cried, kissed him mom and his girlfriend/wife (I don't know his situation) was that OK?

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2014, 01:18 PM
i meant in the first round. sorry. but based on the hype of his religious beliefs (a lot of players and staff share the same religious beliefs) and his winning record, people totally overlooked that he can't read a defense and he can't throw a ball. seems like big things to overlook for the sake of having someone who thinks just like you, don't you think?

He was hardly the first QB with those problems taken in the first round.

I am not a Tebow fan - but saying he was drafted for his beleifs is silly

alohabillsfan
05-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Lmao if you don't agree with something your closed minded by some immbeciles on here! Everyone has a right to their own opinions and beliefs if you don't like that then leave and find yourself an awesome communist country that will force you to believe in one way and one way only! I'll help you freaking pack!

trapezeus
05-12-2014, 04:38 PM
i love how the expectation of treating people fairly is considered "communist".

Try and honor your country by living by the ideals set by it.

JoeMama
05-12-2014, 04:53 PM
i love how the expectation of treating people fairly is considered "communist".

Try and honor your country by living by the ideals set by it.

alohoabillsfan is a touch simple and does not represent Jacksonville, Florida.

SpikedLemonade
05-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I simply don`t care what people do in their private lives as long as is it legal.

swiper
05-12-2014, 06:32 PM
I simply don`t care what people do in their private lives as long as is it legal.

Is sodomy legal?

Mike13
05-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Is sodomy legal?

Which definition are we talking about?

Dr. Lecter
05-12-2014, 07:11 PM
The more I think about it, the best part about this whole thing is not that Sam got drafted and will get a chance to play in the NFL, but the way people freak out over two dudes kissing and those that think mocking those that are freaking out are the problem.

better days
05-12-2014, 10:23 PM
What is wrong with me?

When I see two HOT women kissing, I am turned on.

When I see two men kissing, I am repulsed.

BertSquirtgum
05-13-2014, 02:36 AM
I hate when gays flaunt their gayness. MSam would not have been drafted if he didn't tell the world he likes to blow men.

- - - Updated - - -

What is wrong with me?

When I see two men kissing, I am repulsed.

That's called being a heterosexual male.

pmoon6
05-13-2014, 05:02 AM
we should create a section in the zone for close minded arrogant fools. i nominate the name "Danny Batten Power Zone" to be the name of such comments.I'm starting to change my mind about "Batten". He is an irritating troll, but he does make me laugh sometimes.

If you approach his posts like he is just an actor on a stage, he becomes more palatable.

pmoon6
05-13-2014, 05:14 AM
What is wrong with me?

When I see two men kissing, I am repulsed.According to the liberal intelligentsia, that means you really harbor homosexual tendencies yourself.

See how it works?

Gay cheerleaders are oh so progressive and enlightened. People that think getting reamed in the ass or sucking **** is repulsive and perverted are really closet homosexuals!! It's a win/win for the Gay Lobby and their supporters. The attacks are designed to make you keep quite or be thought of as a backwards neanderthal.

You be soooo uncool.

alohabillsfan
05-13-2014, 05:29 AM
Lmao ill just leave it at that!

TacklingDummy
05-13-2014, 06:28 AM
I'd like to announce to the Bills Zone world that TacklingDummy is straight. He likes women.

Carry on now and please don't start any threads about my sex life.

The Zone Ranger
05-13-2014, 09:43 AM
IraftBoy;3946366]Whose looking for approval exactly? Him being drafted is news and nobody really went into the kiss thing into DBP decided go in on it. Otherwise it would of been left alone. If you feel vilified for you opinion, then maybe you should rethink your opinion.

Because that wouldn't be any fun. Its much more fun to watch grown white men act like a bunch of victims in the game of sqocietal blame.

There was no over display of affection or emotion imo even if he was a heterosexual male. The kiss was rather innocent and while I can't tell you a reason why ESPN ran the spot for so long other than the PR and ratings were frigging gold nothing in the clip or the one after was really that much PDA and like you I'm very much anti-PDA.

If you do object you do so at your own risk, just as you always have. The only difference now is that while you were once in the majority, you are now in the minority and you don't like that anymore. Nothing more and nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Do you really expect anyone to take you serious that you champion the cause for social eguality and tolerance of all that are liberal while you have that avatar posted with your name attached?
What a deuch bag!

Night Train
05-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Rams issue him #96.

#69 was taken.

Bill Cody
05-13-2014, 10:04 AM
I can answer that question though, while gayblades and their supporters can't answer mine--therein lies the difference. Anybody has the right to take it up the ass or get their tonsils coated in semen, I just don't get:

1. Why there needs to be a big show/all this pageantry about it
2. Why supposed hetero males champion their cause when they have no dog in the fight and it's not their struggle.

1. Because he's the first and it's news. It won't get coverage like this in the future. If it bothers you don't watch.
2. I look at it as a civil rights issue. Personally I think it's highly probable sexuality is hard wired in the brain, not something people choose. So why should gay people not be treated with the same rights and respect as anyone else? Golden rule. Ten years from now gay rights won't be an issue except with some old white people and people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

The Zone Ranger
05-13-2014, 10:10 AM
What's wrong with my avatar? Looks like somebody else here needs a history lesson.:rofl: Class is on Mondays at 1:00p your time--feldspar and Mike13 will be there to join you.

P.S. learn how to use quotes, you imbecile

My bad danny. I'm doing this from my phone and **** happens. I wanted to quote the fudge packer with the Jesus gun toating, cigerrett smoking wearing a sombreo avatar. Sorry for the confusion.

WagonCircler
05-13-2014, 10:32 AM
According to the liberal intelligentsia, that means you really harbor homosexual tendencies yourself.

See how it works?

Gay cheerleaders are oh so progressive and enlightened. People that think getting reamed in the ass or sucking **** is repulsive and perverted are really closet homosexuals!! It's a win/win for the Gay Lobby and their supporters. The attacks are designed to make you keep quite or be thought of as a backwards neanderthal.

You be soooo uncool.

Actually, Moonie, the true agenda of the gay lobby is even more insidious. An old girlfriend of mine who had been, what we used to call in the old days a "*** hag" told me that gays believe that everyone is bisexual and that we are all just repressing a homosexual side.

There's ample evidence of that agenda in the whole "ban the gender-specific pronouns" movement and the insanity going on with unisex bathrooms in California schools.

Once I started to view their cause through that prism, it became clear to me that there's much more than just non-discrimination behind the gay agenda.

Look at what they're currently doing to stifle free speech. Look at what they did to Brendan Eich at Mozilla.

It's insidious and repulsive.

Just like progressives, the facist gay lobby is the enemy of liberty.

Bill Cody
05-13-2014, 11:48 AM
The first to come out, sure. That TE from the Redskins died from deviant homosexual behavior, and more recently Jonathan Martin (an obvious gay) is still in the league.

What would Buffalo Bill Cody think of all this?

Pretty sure he would not be bothered by it or using the kind of descriptions you use. Bill Cody's dad was almost killed for speaking against slavery in Kansas. Bill Cody was a big promoter of the Indians and helping them to earn a living wage and for the rights of women. In my experience tolerant people tend to be tolerant across the board and vice versa.

swiper
05-13-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm starting to change my mind about "Batten". He is an irritating troll,

I think his other name may be C. DARWIN.

better days
05-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Pretty sure he would not be bothered by it or using the kind of descriptions you use. Bill Cody's dad was almost killed for speaking against slavery in Kansas. Bill Cody was a big promoter of the Indians and helping them to earn a living wage and for the rights of women. In my experience tolerant people tend to be tolerant across the board and vice versa.

Well, you have not been on this board much obviously.

Draftboy is TOTALLY intolerant of Christians, but he thinks we should all love the gays.

Draftboy is a Hypocrite with his ANTI Christian Avatar.

Bill Cody
05-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Well, you have not been on this board much obviously.

Draftboy is TOTALLY intolerant of Christians, but he thinks we should all love the gays.

Draftboy is a Hypocrite with his ANTI Christian Avatar.

ok thanks for the update

BertSquirtgum
05-13-2014, 01:23 PM
I shouldn't have said I hate gays that flaunt their gayness. I should have said I don't like it and I believe they do it for attention.

BertSquirtgum
05-13-2014, 03:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvY7KNLz0f4

ticatfan
05-13-2014, 03:48 PM
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/05/13/calgary-stampeders-outraged-by-maurice-prices-repugnant-michael-sam-tweet/

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2014, 09:04 PM
I'd like to announce to the Bills Zone world that TacklingDummy is straight. He likes women.

Carry on now and please don't start any threads about my sex life.
Shortest and quickest thread ever!!!

Dr. Lecter
05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Actually, Moonie, the true agenda of the gay lobby is even more insidious. An old girlfriend of mine who had been, what we used to call in the old days a "*** hag" told me that gays believe that everyone is bisexual and that we are all just repressing a homosexual side.

There's ample evidence of that agenda in the whole "ban the gender-specific pronouns" movement and the insanity going on with unisex bathrooms in California schools.

Once I started to view their cause through that prism, it became clear to me that there's much more than just non-discrimination behind the gay agenda.

Look at what they're currently doing to stifle free speech. Look at what they did to Brendan Eich at Mozilla.

This might be your funniest post ever!!!!

Fascist gay lobby!!!!!

I love it!!!

BB4ever
05-13-2014, 09:28 PM
He wont make the team with that defensive line which is the strong suit of the team. He will be out of the nfl at the end of camp.

BertSquirtgum
05-13-2014, 09:33 PM
At least he got to kiss his boyfriend on national tv.

TacklingDummy
05-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Shortest and quickest thread ever!!!

When is the first Zoner going to come out?

pmoon6
05-14-2014, 06:36 AM
When is the first Zoner going to come out?They already have. I've dubbed them the "Anti-Fans".

pmoon6
05-14-2014, 06:44 AM

Just like progressives, the facist gay lobby is the enemy of liberty.Oh, I've known for a long time that the pro gay movement was about way more than equal rights. That's just the catch to enlist people to their cause.

It's just too bad that the morons that seek to be seen as mainstream and "with it" can be so easily manipulated.

Such is the ever plummeting average American intelligence and the power of the mainstream media.

coastal
05-14-2014, 06:52 AM
Wedding dance videos that go viral are gay.

so is one of the administrators of this site.

Historian
05-14-2014, 06:56 AM
Oh, I've known for a long time that the pro gay movement was about way more than equal rights. That's just the catch to enlist people to their cause.

It's just too bad that the morons that seek to be seen as mainstream and "with it" can be so easily manipulated.

Such is the ever plummeting average American intelligence and the power of the mainstream media.

I disagree Moon.

I think most people are tolerant because they have a gay family member.

While the media coverage is vastly overblown, I don't think it's some big conspiracy.

pmoon6
05-14-2014, 07:36 AM
I disagree Moon.

I think most people are tolerant because they have a gay family member.

While the media coverage is vastly overblown, I don't think it's some big conspiracy.I don't think it's a big conspiracy, just the power of lobby groups, in general. You can say the same things about feminist groups. If that wasn't the case, the vehement disparaging of anyone that doesn't embrace everything gay wouldn't happen. But it does.

Hell, even if you think a gay union shouldn't be called "marriage" you're called a bigot or homophobe. Personally, I don't care what I'm called, I actually find it funny.

I'll tell you a story from when I was a lad. We had a friend in the neighborhood who we knew was gay by the time we were 12. He never "came out" and he knew we knew, but it was just never verbalized. Ancient times, dontcha know. He was loved and accepted just the same. He was one of "The Boys". We didn't care what he did in private, nor did he think it was necessary to advertise. He died from complications due to AIDS in 1988. Most of our childhood chums were at the funeral. I think Jimmy would have found it unseemly to parade his sexuality in public like it is today as most of us guys believed those matters were private. One of the old adages is mostly dead now. "You don't kiss and tell" was valid for straight as well as gay.

Historian
05-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Well put.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think it's a big conspiracy, just the power of lobby groups, in general. You can say the same things about feminist groups. If that wasn't the case, the vehement disparaging of anyone that doesn't embrace everything gay wouldn't happen. But it does.

Hell, even if you think a gay union shouldn't be called "marriage" you're called a bigot or homophobe. Personally, I don't care what I'm called, I actually find it funny.

I'll tell you a story from when I was a lad. We had a friend in the neighborhood who we knew was gay by the time we were 12. He never "came out" and he knew we knew, but it was just never verbalized. Ancient times, dontcha know. He was loved and accepted just the same. He was one of "The Boys". We didn't care what he did in private, nor did he think it was necessary to advertise. He died from complications due to AIDS in 1988. Most of our childhood chums were at the funeral. I think Jimmy would have found it unseemly to parade his sexuality in public like it is today as most of us guys believed those matters were private. One of the old adages is mostly dead now. "You don't kiss and tell" was valid for straight as well as gay.

I would be inclined to agree with you on most of that, were it not for the blatant stifling of free speech and expression.

When they started fining people and sending them to "re-education" (tell me THAT doesn't have an ominous right to it) and forcing people to resign from their jobs for things as simple as expressing discomfort at watching two men kiss (he tweeted the word "terrible"--OFF WITH HIS HEAD!) or contributing to a traditional marriage cause.

You may disagree with these things, but the oppression of free speech as absolutely a conspiracy. Not in the sense that they hold strategy meetings, but definitely in the sense that there's a plan in place to shout down any opposition to the gay lobby.

Just look how quickly things have changed. We went from Obama openly supporting the definition of marriage as being a union between one man and one woman, to people losing their jobs and being fined for expressing the exact same sentiment.

This is the textbook definition of a slippery slope and it's TOTALLY the basis for the majority of opposition to gay marriage. Between this and all this f- - ing transgender nonsense, the left showing their true colors.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 01:56 PM
This has nothing to do with free speech.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 02:23 PM
This has nothing to do with free speech.

It has 100% to do with free speech, as well of freedom of religion, and numerous other rights spelled out clearly in the Constitution that you lefties hate so much.

coastal
05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
It has 100% to do with free speech, as well of freedom of religion, and numerous other rights spelled out clearly in the Constitution that you lefties hate so much.
There's a sad sort clanging from the dork on the zone and the bells and the steeples too...

and up in the nursery an absurd little boy is popping out to say...

cuckoo... cuckoo!

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 02:59 PM

Really?

Is anybody being arrested for having stupid opinions?

Nobody is being denied free speech.

For example - you have the right to talk about free speech when you apparently have no idea what free speech actually is.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Really?

Is anybody being arrested for having stupid opinions?

For example - you have the right to talk about free speech when you apparently have no idea what free speech actually is.

As a matter of fact, we're speeding in that direction. People are being forced out of jobs and fined for expressing their opinions. This is a fact (DUCK!) I know those scare you.

The term "Hate Speech" is nothing more than a dog whistle for the restraint of first amendment rights. Already in Great Britain people are being arrested for SPEECH. In Canada there are hate speech laws.

Who gets to decide what hate is? Who draws the line?

You don't think a tweet is free speech? It most certainly is, in the First Amendment context.

Mark my words, very soon, people will be arrested for speech in this country, and it will be because of *******s like you.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 08:17 PM
As a matter of fact, we're speeding in that direction. People are being forced out of jobs and fined for expressing their opinions. This is a fact (DUCK!) I know those scare you.

The term "Hate Speech" is nothing more than a dog whistle for the restraint of first amendment rights. Already in Great Britain people are being arrested for SPEECH. In Canada there are hate speech laws.

Who gets to decide what hate is? Who draws the line?

You don't think a tweet is free speech? It most certainly is, in the First Amendment context.

Mark my words, very soon, people will be arrested for speech in this country, and it will be because of *******s like you.

Of course tweets are free speech. I never said otherwise.

But free speech has nothing to do with somebody losing a job, or being fined or being ridiculed. Not a damn thing.

What free speech is all about is not getting arrested and jailed for speaking ones mind which is something I would ever advocate. Hell I don't even care that you, in your clever way, called me a nasty name.

But continue to talk about free speech as if it means that people can say things with no reaction.

You can use your free speech to show everybody here that you have no idea what free speech actually is.

I do not see congress establishing any law to limit your ability to do that.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Of course tweets are free speech. I never said otherwise.

But free speech has nothing to do with somebody losing a job, or being fined or being ridiculed. Not a damn thing.

What free speech is all about is not getting arrested and jailed for speaking ones mind which is something I would ever advocate. Hell I don't even care that you, in your clever way, called me a nasty name.

But continue to talk about free speech as if it means that people can say things with no reaction.

You can use your free speech to show everybody here that you have no idea what free speech actually is.

I do not see congress establishing any law to limit your ability to do that.

Why don't you tell me what free speech is?

What I'm saying is that we're headed toward people being imprisoned for speech. Just look at your liberal idols, the Euros. It's happening there.

It's closer than you think.

The government is already spying on us. They are already auditing people based on their political beliefs. Opinions are speech. The IRS is targeting groups who run afoul of their political dogma.

Eric Holder is a partisan HACK who has politicized the Justice Department.

If you don't see where this road leads to, then you're the one who doesn't understand what free speech is.

Mark my words, there will be hate speech laws in this country.

BTW, liberals and conservatives should be equally appalled by this.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
The Euros are my idols?

Now you are making more **** up that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Fact is, none of the reaction to the entire Sam thing has anything to do with free speech.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
The Euros are my idols?

Now you are making more **** up that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Fact is, none of the reaction to the entire Sam thing has anything to do with free speech.

Euros are the heroes of the left. The idols of the Statist.

This isn't about stifling speech?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/may/12/nfl-fines-miami-don-jones-michael-sam-tweet

Don't give me your ************ about the NFL being a business either. They did this out of intimidation by the government. It would never have happened 4 years ago. Even two years ago.

This is a harbinger of things to come and you know it, but you won't admit it, because you're a good loyal sheep.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
The NFL is not a business? And a business does not have a right to react how it sees fit?

Enjoy the tinfoil hat.

And have fun with the slippery slope arguments because you know you have no point

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 09:11 PM
The NFL is not a business?

Enjoy the tinfoil hat.

And have fun with the slippery slope arguments because you know you have no point

You know damn well that's not what I'm saying, or you're just that stupid.

My point is that the Dolphins caved to political pressure, and that political pressure didn't exist until very recently.

But please, throw some more cliches out there. It's obviously all you've got, and I wouldn't want you to strain yourself having an original thought.

TacklingDummy
05-14-2014, 09:12 PM

don sterling is.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
You know damn well that's not what I'm saying, or you're just that stupid.

My point is that the Dolphins caved to political pressure, and that political pressure didn't exist until very recently.

But please, throw some more cliches out there. It's obviously all you've got, and I wouldn't want you to strain yourself having an original thought.
Of course there is political pressure. i never said otherwise. But that is much different than the government stifling free speech.

As for me just throwing cliches out there, I have done more than that. Sorry you don't understand them or are to convinced that pressure from being stupid is the same as the government cutting people's ability to speak off.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 09:17 PM
don sterling is.

How so?

Was he arrested after his Anderson Cooper interview?

TacklingDummy
05-14-2014, 09:18 PM
How so?

Was he arrested after his Anderson Cooper interview?
Was he banned from the NBA for life for his opinion?
Are they trying to force him to sell?

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Was he banned from the NBA for life for his opinion?
Are they trying to force him to sell?

Yes and yes

And what does that have to do with free speech?

Answer - nothing.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Of course there is political pressure. i never said otherwise. But that is much different than the government stifling free speech.

As for me just throwing cliches out there, I have done more than that. Sorry you don't understand them or are to convinced that pressure from being stupid is the same as the government cutting people's ability to speak off.

Like I've said over and over, it's just around the corner. And it's not a conspiracy theory when it's happening in more and more countries.

And I'm sure you'll be thrilled when it happens. As long as they're arresting people who don't agree with you.

Dr. Lecter
05-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Like I've said over and over, it's just around the corner.

And I'm sure you'll be thrilled when it happens. As long as they're arresting people who don't agree with you.

What are you basing that on?

Or do you just like throwing crap out that, based on nothing?

Since you and I don't agree here, why have I not banned your miserable ass?

And yes - you have said it is right around the corner. Nothing to support it - but you keep saying that.

WagonCircler
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
What are you basing that on?

Or do you just like throwing crap out that, based on nothing?

Since you and I don't agree here, why have I not banned your miserable ass?

And yes - you have said it is right around the corner. Nothing to support it - but you keep saying that.

Oh PLEASE, PLEASE ban me. Prove my point.

Are you denying that there are hate speech laws in Europe and Canada? These are facts. Facts are pesky things.

The spying and targeting I mentioned earlier--also established FACTS.

But come, BAN ME. You know you want to!

That's the last refuge of the weak mind. Shut me up. Silence anyone who disagrees with you. That's your answer. Right out of the Leftist playbook.

JoeMama
05-14-2014, 10:35 PM

Are you denying that there are hate speech laws in Europe and Canada? These are facts. Facts are pesky things.

That's the last refuge of the weak mind. Shut me up. Silence anyone who disagrees with you. That's your answer. Right out of the Leftist playbook.

He's been engaging you back and forth this whole thread.

Trading ideas.

You know, otherwise known as free speech.

His point about "why haven't I banned you already?" is a response to your weird belief that everybody wants to silence you and banish you to an anti-gay gulag for your opinions. That's not the case.

Debates are what makes forums like these funs. Nobody wants you hauled off.

You act like anytime somebody disagrees with your opinions, they're somehow discriminating against you.

No, they're just responding with free speech of their own and you seem very uncomfortable with that.

BertSquirtgum
05-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Well. As usual, this thread took a big dump in the middle of the kitchen floor.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2014, 04:51 AM

My God.

You can't possibly be this dense. You just can't be.

Joey summarized it perfectly. The fact is I have absolutely no desire to ban you. My point was, and perhaps I need to try the one syllable word approach, is that I have no desire to limit your (or anybody else's) free speech. If I did, I would take the easy way out and nobody would really care.

You, know - those pesky fact things.

As for the spying - I hate it too. But it is not really relevant to your bizarre and inaccurate claim that a NFL team punishing a player for saying something on Twitter has anything to do with free speech.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2014, 04:52 AM
lolwat? Him speaking freely is what cost him both those things. "It's free speech, unless you say certain things then we'll confiscate your most valuable asset!"

And another one who does not know what free speech really is

The Zone Ranger
05-15-2014, 05:49 AM
Omg 1984 has finally arrived.

The Zone Ranger
05-15-2014, 05:55 AM
And another one who does not know what free speech really is

I'm beginning to understand your interpretation of free speech. One can say anything they want as
long as it is

In agreement with your opinion.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2014, 06:05 AM
I'm beginning to understand your interpretation of free speech. One can say anything they want as
long as it is

In agreement with your opinion.

Or not.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Tell me where congress made laws prohibiting free speech or I advocated anything close to that.

Freedom of speech does not mean that there is no reaction to what somebody says.

The ignorance is flowing here.

The Zone Ranger
05-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Or not.

Tell me where congress made laws prohibiting free speech or I advocated anything close to that.

Freedom of speech does not mean that there is no reaction to what somebody says.

The ignorance is flowing here.

I understand your point. Yes you can and should be held accountable
For what you say. That is why there are laws for liable, defamation, and other
Forms of speech that can harm the character of another
Individual or their ability to pursue a living.
The complexity that arises is that today we are facing
The wrong interpretation of what is liabalous and defamatory from what is really
Just someone's right to express their perogitive opinion
You can not nor should not infringe upon that.
That is what makes each of us individuals.
The lefties can't seem to understand this or they refuse
To accept it.

Historian
05-15-2014, 07:19 AM
This isn't about stifling speech?

Don't give me your ************ about the NFL being a business either. They did this out of intimidation by the government. It would never have happened 4 years ago. Even two years ago.

This is a harbinger of things to come and you know it, but you won't admit it, because you're a good loyal sheep.

Actually, you're the sheep, and you don't even realize it.

This is capitalism at it's finest. Something you right wingers should be proud of: The quest for the almighty dollar!

It has nothing to do with the government, and everything to do with big business trying to maximize profits. (That should give you a little chubber)

Gays are a "group" a "group" that business wants to market to.

The NBA, the NFL, Walmart, whomever, are trying to sell goods.

If someone who represents them says something stupid, the fallout is going to have an impact on their sales. (That's bad.)

So they take action. (Not the big bad government, silly)

It's about bucks kid...nothing more, nothing less. (And keep in mind the "media" is an interest group whose primary goal is to turn a profit)

My guess is that any of them could care one iota about gays, blacks, hispanics, or even Martians for that matter.

They care about their balance sheets.

The Zone Ranger
05-15-2014, 07:36 AM
One more quick point. I believe it was Patrick Henry
that said " I might not agree with what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Of course with today's revisionest history many of
Today's students are being thought just the opposite.
It's now a hate crime if you are in disagreement with the main stream.
That very term " Main stream" should scare the hell out of anyone
that conciders themself a free thinker.

Historian
05-15-2014, 08:01 AM

Why would we cut our own throats?

Guys like you a comic gold!

You will have to visit a different Bills site for that type of behavior.

Dude
05-15-2014, 08:15 AM
I have yet to see anyone get arrested, charged, indicted, or imprisoned over their reaction to Michael Sam. Donald Sterling remains a free man that is being punished by the private club of which he is a member for violating their rules of conduct.

What hate crimes have been committed?

The Zone Ranger
05-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Although it has not been legislated as of yet,
it is being openly discussed to make any kind of
speech against homosexuality from the pulpit
a crime in which could imprison the person speaking.

The term hate crime is the very anvil being used to
beat into submittion those with any opposition to the gay agenda.

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Do you have a link to the discussions to make it a crime?

Thanks in advance.

Historian
05-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks in advance.

And throw in a link to that gay agenda too please.

Double thanks!

Dude
05-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Although it has not been legislated as of yet,
it is being openly discussed to make any kind of
speech against homosexuality from the pulpit
a crime in which could imprison the person speaking.

The term hate crime is the very anvil being used to
beat into submittion those with any opposition to the gay agenda.

It's now a hate crime if you are in disagreement with the main stream.

So, which is it?

Also, the term "hate crime" refers to a prejudice motivated crime targeting a person due to their perceived membership in a social group. It has nothing to do with speech. Hate speech is different.

Bill Cody
05-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Do you have a link to the discussions to make it a crime?

Thanks in advance.

Drudge report?:whistle:

IlluminatusUIUC
05-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Was it a first amendment violation when Pepsi pulled Ludacris' ads because of a Bill O'Reilly campaign?

Was it a first amendment violation when Clear Channel dumped the Dixie Chicks off all their stations over their comments on Bush?

Was it a first amendment violation when the ABC dumped Bill Maher's show over his 9/11 comments?

No, it was business.

ticatfan
05-15-2014, 11:50 AM
When is the first Zoner going to come out?I think shiv has been trying to but just quite can't.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
The world is a better place without the dixie chicks...only women and gayblades liked them anyways

You need to try harder. This is just lazy.

WagonCircler
05-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah. It's not a media circus at all. "It's nobody's business who's gay--don't forget to watch the reality TV show about the second to last player chosen in the entire draft!" Nothing out of the ordinary.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/michael-sam-receiving-backlash-from-teammates-and-media-for-documentary-on-oprah-winfrey-s-network-204836308.html

pmoon6
05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
This country is so far in the toilet concerning the principles it was founded on that it seems to be inevitable that a second Revolution is coming.

It's just a question of when.

Novacane
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Reality TV lmao. There goes his credibility.

Beebe
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Is it true they gave him the number 69? and he's always been a rams fan. JK

JoeMama
05-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Reality TV lmao. There goes his credibility.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/NO-1.gif (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/NO-1.gif.html)

Reality TV is so awful.

Chad Ochocinco used to be a good player but the second he got that stupid god damn show I knew he was finished.

Focus on being a player or focus on being a sideshow, but not both.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-15-2014, 11:25 PM
The reality show was a very poor decision on his part. It validates some of the criticism about him.

BuffaloRedleg
05-16-2014, 03:41 AM
The reality show was a very poor decision on his part. It validates some of the criticism about him.

We were right in principle, but eeeeeesh I'm going to quietly step away.

I was actually for how much the kissing pissed everyone off (it's the punk in me, I love seeing people uncomfortable), but I can see where this is going. It's going to be a Cindy Sheehan situation where a nieve person gets manipulated and pressured into becoming a caricature rather than a human. Ugh.

ICRockets
05-16-2014, 06:37 AM

Christ Almighty, could you be more of a hipster?

The Zone Ranger
05-16-2014, 07:40 AM
This country is so far in the toilet concerning the principles it was founded on that it seems to be inevitable that a second Revolution is coming.

It's just a question of when.

It most likely comes when they negate the second amendment.

cookie G
05-16-2014, 07:42 AM

He's allowing Oprah to infiltrate the NFL.

I can see no good coming out of this.

Historian
05-16-2014, 07:48 AM
I could see her buying the Rams at some point, lol

better days
05-16-2014, 07:57 AM
I am just thankful that the Bills & nobody else in the AFC East drafted Sam.

If he were a Bill, Pat*, Jet or Fin, Sam is all we would have heard about all season long.

Historian
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
It will die down.

Sex isn't the scandal that it used to be.

better days
05-16-2014, 08:06 AM
It will die down.

Sex isn't the scandal that it used to be.

He has a show on the Oprah network.

I expect even with him playing in the NFC West, we will hear a lot about Sam at least this year.

And not for what he does on the field.

WagonCircler
05-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Anyone who doesn't think the whole kiss/cake was a completely contrived publicity stunt for the show, (which was already planned before the draft) deserves to live with their own ignorance.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Good for him, don't see how this is Bills related because we weren't in the NFC west last I checked. However, I wish him the best. Will be interesting to see what kind of media circus gets built up around the rams. Although my guess is that unless Miami Dolphin style bullying happens or he turns into a superstar or something that there won't be too much attention paid. Anyways, seems like a nice kid. Hope he only gets judged by his playing ability and doesn't attempt to add to or take away from it by talking about the elephant in the room that nobody would really know about if he kept his mouth shut.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Umm, the elephant in the room is going to be an Oprah reality show...we told you goys this would happen.

just curious, who exactly is we?

Famous Amos
05-16-2014, 03:31 PM

Let me just go on the record and say I ****ing hate using unisex bath rooms. At my work place, we have one bathroom on the floor where my office is. There has to be about 20 or so adults who share that bathroom and the majority are women. When I have to lift the ****ing seat up use it and there's piss dripping from under the seat, getting my hand wet, or even worse, blood, it disgusts me! Women are worse when it comes to bathroom habits and I hate that I have to put up with it.

WagonCircler
05-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Let me just go on the record and say I ****ing hate using unisex bath rooms. At my work place, we have one bathroom on the floor where my office is. There has to be about 20 or so adults who share that bathroom and the majority are women. When I have to lift the ****ing seat up use it and there's piss dripping from under the seat, getting my hand wet, or even worse, blood, it disgusts me! Women are worse when it comes to bathroom habits and I hate that I have to put up with it.

I spent 20+ years running nightclubs. Hundreds of nights doing closing walk throughs before locking up, which included the ladies rooms. You have no idea. Often traumatizing.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-16-2014, 03:50 PM

The year I worked maintenance at Wal-Mart verifies this. God did I ever hate that job.

swiper
05-16-2014, 03:58 PM
gross

better days
05-16-2014, 04:09 PM

If it is that bad, leave the seat down. Let them deal with it.

JoeMama
05-16-2014, 09:21 PM

Girls don't do that.

And what the hell, why are you guys sharing one unisex bathroom? What kind of dog and pony show are you operating?

If there's one iron law of all mankind, it's that we shouldn't have to share bathrooms with the people we want to have sex with.

Private parts are more attractive when they're not associated expelling human waste.

swiper
05-17-2014, 05:08 AM
I don't think it's a big conspiracy, just the power of lobby groups, in general. You can say the same things about feminist groups. If that wasn't the case, the vehement disparaging of anyone that doesn't embrace everything gay wouldn't happen. But it does.

You sound afraid of it. I may fall on the liberal side of the fence on a lot of topics, but I've never been afraid to say that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. It's ridiculous.

Famous Amos
05-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Girls don't do that.

And what the hell, why are you guys sharing one unisex bathroom? What kind of dog and pony show are you operating?

If there's one iron law of all mankind, it's that we shouldn't have to share bathrooms with the people we want to have sex with.

Private parts are more attractive when they're not associated expelling human waste.

I work at a charter school on the west side of Buffalo that is in a building that is woefully inadequate for the student population. Two floors and one bathroom on each floor for teachers to use. There is a lot of things I dislike about that school, and sharing a bathroom with the female teachers is probably at the top of the list.

Famous Amos
05-17-2014, 06:55 AM
If it is that bad, leave the seat down. Let them deal with it.

I'm at the point where I think I'll do that. Women have different plumbing and I should have a urinal to use.

better days
05-17-2014, 08:07 AM
You sound afraid of it. I may fall on the liberal side of the fence on a lot of topics, but I've never been afraid to say that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. It's ridiculous.

IMO, Gays should be afforded the same legal rights as the straight world, but I don't think their union should be called a marriage.

pmoon6
05-17-2014, 08:52 AM
You sound afraid of it. I may fall on the liberal side of the fence on a lot of topics, but I've never been afraid to say that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry. It's ridiculous.Don't know how you got fear out of that post. A civil contract so homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexual couples is fine by me. Just don't call it marriage, which has proved to be a sticking point with the liberal ideologues. It's an all or nothing proposition.

More proof that the left has become a bunch of spoiled children who stamp their feet and have a tantrum when someone has the temerity to say they are wrong.

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Don't know how you got fear out of that post. A civil contract so homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexual couples is fine by me. Just don't call it marriage, which has proved to be a sticking point with the liberal ideologues. It's an all or nothing proposition.

More proof that the left has become a bunch of spoiled children who stamp their feet and have a tantrum when someone has the temerity to say they are wrong.

Bradley Manning, a convicted traitor, whines and stomps his feet that he wants to be a woman, and the administration caters to the disgusting piece of human garbage.

Meanwhile, the same administration lets men who have put their lives on the line for their country die waiting for health care while the VA keeps two sets of books for political purposes.

And leftists cheer.

starrymessenger
05-17-2014, 10:48 AM
Good for him, don't see how this is Bills related because we weren't in the NFC west last I checked. However, I wish him the best. Will be interesting to see what kind of media circus gets built up around the rams. Although my guess is that unless Miami Dolphin style bullying happens or he turns into a superstar or something that there won't be too much attention paid. Anyways, seems like a nice kid. Hope he only gets judged by his playing ability and doesn't attempt to add to or take away from it by talking about the elephant in the room that nobody would really know about if he kept his mouth shut.

I used to wish him the best of luck, as I would any young player trying to make it in a very tough business. We all generally like to see people succeed rather than fail.
But I did say "used to". Not anymore. I now hope Jeff Fisher kicks his ass so hard he flies back to wherever he came from without a plane. The guy is an idiot and has betrayed the trust the Rams put in him.
Every rookie with his head screwed on properly, no matter how good, at walks into a pro clubhouse with his head down low and showing abundant humility. He doesn't draw attention to himself. Look at the demeanor of Clowney or Watkins, who are great players used to the limelight, not fringe guys holding on by the skin of their teeth. They are extremely deferential. They understand that they are football players and that celebrity has to be earned the hard way.
If there had been reality TV back in the days, do you think Jackie Robinson or Larry Doby would have signed up for Oprah.
I don't think so. They were serious people to be taken seriously.
This clown is doing a disservice to whatever cause he's supposed to be representing.

pmoon6
05-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Bradley Manning, a convicted traitor, whines and stomps his feet that he wants to be a woman, and the administration caters to the disgusting piece of human garbage.

Meanwhile, the same administration lets men who have put their lives on the line for their country die waiting for health care while the VA keeps two sets of books for political purposes.

And leftists cheer.Well, they do have to prioritize. Considering LBGT is the cause de jour did you expect anything different?

Besides, military Veterans are just those of substandard intellect with a penchant for violence.

John Kerry said so.

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 11:18 AM
John Kerry said so.

Speaking of which, his trans-species reassignment was stopped midway through the procedure when horses protested.

"Why the long face, Mr. Secretary? Or shall I call you 'Mr. Secretariat?'"

better days
05-17-2014, 12:06 PM
profootball talk has reported the show on Oprah has been postponed because of the protests about it, even by Sam's own teammates.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-17-2014, 12:09 PM

This is an interesting story. Even assuming everything is exactly the way you say, that's still an enormous part of his life that he kept from you until his death. Did you ever tell him about a date you had? Introduce him to your girlfriend/wife or invite him to your wedding? Invite him over to your house? There are a million little ways people reveal they are heterosexual every day, and for a gay person in the closet they have to constantly monitor what they say and do because there were very real consequences.

Now, obviously there was no need for him to describe his love life in graphic detail, just is there is no need for anyone else to do it. But considering it's 2014 and even kissing your partner in public can still be considered controversial, then the bar for "parading" your sexuality must have been painfully low back in your day.

pmoon6
05-17-2014, 12:20 PM
This is an interesting story. Even assuming everything is exactly the way you say, that's still an enormous part of his life that he kept from you until his death. Did you ever tell him about a date you had? Introduce him to your girlfriend/wife or invite him to your wedding? Invite him over to your house? There are a million little ways people reveal they are heterosexual every day, and for a gay person in the closet they have to constantly monitor what they say and do because there were very real consequences.

Now, obviously there was no need for him to describe his love life in graphic detail, just is there is no need for anyone else to do it. But considering it's 2014 and even kissing your partner in public can still be considered controversial, then the bar for "parading" your sexuality must have been painfully low back in your day.I left WNY in 1980 and only returned sporadically since. None of my friends came to my wedding because it was in Texas and a small affair. He was at my house many times when I lived there as I was at his.

You can throw the "it's 2014" meme if you like to show how "progressive" you are. I don't have a problem with people of whatever sexual persuasion kissing in public. Sucking face or making out is another matter, it's a matter of degree. This guy took advantage of television coverage to make a statement on his sexuality and the cheerleaders applaud.......

IlluminatusUIUC
05-17-2014, 12:30 PM
I left WNY in 1980 and only returned sporadically since. None of my friends came to my wedding because it was in Texas and a small affair. He was at my house many times when I lived there as I was at his.

Those were rhetorical questions, but they emphasize my point. He had to watch what he said to you and your communal friends. You didn't.

You can throw the "it's 2014" meme if you like to show how "progressive" you are.

It's not a meme, it's a statement of fact. This is 40-50+ years later and gays kissing in public is still frowned upon in some places. You might be ok with two gays kissing, and you might have even been ok with him kissing his partner even back then. But he wasn't comfortable sharing that with you and that was both of your loss. You posted that story to show how accepting you and your friends were back in the day, and that's great. But you were still excluded from huge chunks of this man's life.

This guy took advantage of television coverage to make a statement on his sexuality and the cheerleaders applaud.......

The cake thing was stupid, but who really cares? And I already said the reality show was a terrible idea on his part.

JoeMama
05-17-2014, 12:33 PM
I work at a charter school on the west side of Buffalo that is in a building that is woefully inadequate for the student population. Two floors and one bathroom on each floor for teachers to use. There is a lot of things I dislike about that school, and sharing a bathroom with the female teachers is probably at the top of the list.

Man, I hope you guys get the funding to change that.

If Hell is real, I picture it as having unisex bathrooms too. So I'm very sympathetic to your situation.

pmoon6
05-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Those were rhetorical questions, but they emphasize my point. He had to watch what he said to you and your communal friends. You didn't.

It's not a meme, it's a statement of fact. This is 40-50+ years later and gays kissing in public is still frowned upon in some places. You might be ok with two gays kissing, and you might have even been ok with him kissing his partner even back then. But he wasn't comfortable sharing that with you and that was both of your loss. You posted that story to show how accepting you and your friends were back in the day, and that's great. But you were still excluded from huge chunks of this man's life.

The cake thing was stupid, but who really cares? And I already said the reality show was a terrible idea on his part.

YardRat
05-17-2014, 03:05 PM

One bathroom per floor for the teachers? Is it safe to assume that means faculty only, and there are others available for student use? Or is there just one bathroom per floor for anybody to use, period?

WagonCircler
05-17-2014, 07:40 PM
even by Sam's own teammates.

Especially by Sam's own teammates.

BuffaloRedleg
05-18-2014, 04:07 AM
Isn't the reality show cancelled?

Like I said, I love watching people get their panties in a bunch about something as absolutely silly as this. As a person who can't seem to get himself worked up for much of anything these days (except for people insulting the City of Buffalo and making fun of the Bills yet not being able to name a single offensive lineman on their own team) I actually found the reality show just too much. Not enough to be mad or care, but enough to politely step out of the conversation.

I just don't know why anybody cares. I mean if you are religious, I get that you don't like it. That's fine. But the "how do I explain this to my kids" excuse is bull****. How do you explain drugs? How do you explain beer? How do you explain how bad things happen in this world? It's part of being a parent.

I mean I get why it's annoying, if you don't like to see dudes kiss you will be irritated to see two dudes kissing being jammed down your face on TV. That's your thing. But it really is a bunch of grown men being babies at this point.

It's happening, it's going to happen, it's not going to stop, there's nothing you can do about it, it's not going to hurt you (other than being grossed out), and it is only going to get worse so do the real man thing and deal with it with a little bit of old school quiet reservation vs. the modern every-single-person's-outrage-matters let's all make a blog about it let's stamp our feet let's make a scene this aggression will not stand 2014 childish baloney.

I liked coastal's story, and yes we can harken back to a different time where people kept their **** to themselves. I actually think most people here (except the nuts) are not annoyed by him being gay, it's the jamming it down our faces and the big song and dance and attention. Calling someone homophobic is the easy cop-out in this situation and it's just bull**** and not true. But I mean to me (emphasis to me) this is still not as bad as LeBron's "The Decision" ESPN extravaganza or anything else being blown out of proportion in that manner. Sports news media is trying to supply an insatiable demand for people and they are trying to wrench every penny out of every story they can. It's just the modern world we live in.

Bottom line, Michael Sam is not the problem. We're the problem We can't get enough of this ****. Hate it or love it we're all buying it. The only thing to do if you don't like it is to ignore, which none of us (well I'm pretty good) are capable of.

If you get this worked up about 2 dudes kissing on TV, then I can tell you some firsthand stories from Afghanistan and Iraq that should make lose your minds. But it won't. Because you care more about 2 dudes kissing. And that my friends is the greatest challenge in America right now, is making people care about things that actually matter.

BuffaloRedleg
05-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Man-love Thursdays, amirite?

No joke, my company commander and I used to have a competition to see who could get the most kisses from the Sheik in our town in Iraq. I won. 8 kisses in one hug. Reward: carton of headache inducing British **** cigarettes and Iraqi cologne.

It's tough to peak at 25, but there it was my greatest achievement... 8 kisses from a swarthy Iraqi fake-muslim (he was a devout communist and a total badass) who had more women than I have fingers.

How's the heat over there? Can't say I miss it ETS 01JUL and moving back to Buffalo. Bills season's already ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novacane
05-18-2014, 06:40 AM
profootball talk has reported the show on Oprah has been postponed because of the protests about it, even by Sam's own teammates.

The Rams probably told him the cameras aren't coming into our facility. The reality show was a terrible decision on his part.

Novacane
05-18-2014, 07:03 AM
The Rams probably told him the cameras aren't coming into our facility. The reality show was a terrible decision on his part.

Sounds like that's exactly what happened.

“After careful consideration and discussion with the St. Louis Rams, ‘The Untitled Michael Sam Project’ has been postponed, allowing Michael the best opportunity to achieve his dream of making the team,” OWN President Erik Logan said in a statement.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/own-postpones-michael-sam-reality-series-235800136.html

Famous Amos
05-18-2014, 07:09 AM
One bathroom per floor for the teachers? Is it safe to assume that means faculty only, and there are others available for student use? Or is there just one bathroom per floor for anybody to use, period?

There are a boys and girls lavatory on each floor. Plus an emergency unisex student bathroom on the first floor.

YardRat
05-18-2014, 07:22 AM
There are a boys and girls lavatory on each floor. Plus an emergency unisex student bathroom on the first floor.

Are the faculty allowed to use the student rest rooms? How many students in the school? How many faculty members?

IlluminatusUIUC
05-18-2014, 10:13 AM
No joke, my company commander and I used to have a competition to see who could get the most kisses from the Sheik in our town in Iraq. I won. 8 kisses in one hug. Reward: carton of headache inducing British **** cigarettes and Iraqi cologne.

It's tough to peak at 25, but there it was my greatest achievement... 8 kisses from a swarthy Iraqi fake-muslim (he was a devout communist and a total badass) who had more women than I have fingers.

How's the heat over there? Can't say I miss it ETS 01JUL and moving back to Buffalo. Bills season's already ordered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's got to be a ribbon for that achievement on your dress uni somewhere.