PDA

View Full Version : I love this draft...

Tatonka
05-10-2014, 06:54 PM
we addressed everything we needed to. Heavy on OL, which we really needed. and all three guys are legit maulers. it is clear that the management trusts the coaches to coach up these guys, which im fine with. the only down side is that we lost next years 1st rounder, but when you factor in Mike Williams with Sammy Watkins, as well as Bryce Brown and the o linemen, i feel good about what they did to give EJ every chance to succeed.

On defense, we had to address LB, and we did in FA and the draft. The secondary was addressed with Graham in FA and our 4th rounder out of Duke.

I feel very good about where the team is headed. There is a LOT riding on EJ's development, but that can be said about most teams (qb is the key to the season). I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Don't Panic
05-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I agree. Seeing it in totality it's hard not to be impressed. We filled a ton of holes. It really is all on EJ now.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2014, 07:02 PM
I love the way Whaley kept wheeling and dealing to put us in a position to win this year. The guy seems like a great GM, willing to take chances, and to take some heat, in order to rebuild us quickly.

psubills62
05-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Whatever else you want to say about these OL, all three seem extremely talented. Henderson and Kouandjio were top recruits coming out of HS, and AFAIK are still pretty young. Very athletic.

I'm intrigued overall. Still don't like giving up a future first rounder, but the talent on the team is pretty clearly improving, IMO.

Skooby
05-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Yeah baby !!

Crisis
05-10-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't have as much of an issue with the draft itself in that it's pretty much all-or-nothing on EJ now, and that doesn't exactly inspire me.

DynaPaul
05-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Put up or shut up year for Manuel now. No excuses because the talent is here.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2014, 08:01 PM
EJ is going to surprise people this season. All the haters will be on his nuts watch and see

YardRat
05-10-2014, 08:03 PM
I could've done without the CB and OLB in favor of a QB, TE, DE, DT or S, but overall I think the team did a really good job. Love the oline concentration, and taking a chance on real talent that just needs to mature, instead of the safe bet on lesser athletes that might turn into talent.

bleve
05-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Three fat guys, two LB's, a CB, and a #1 WR. Sounds good to me.

The Popcorn
05-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I love what they did with the OL. Henderson worries me though.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2014, 08:11 PM
EJ is going to surprise people this season. All the haters will be on his nuts watch and see
Being the 33rd rated QB in YDS/G he has no where to go but up.

SquishDaFish
05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
You will see. BARING Injury we will win 9+ games and EJ will have a great year

Don't Panic
05-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Here's the question... if he does happen to miss time, can TJax step in and perform at a high level with these surroundings at his disposal? If you say yes, we should be a 10 game winner no matter what.

DBrown77
05-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Here's the question... if he does happen to miss time, can TJax step in and perform at a high level with these surroundings at his disposal? If you say yes, we should be a 10 game winner no matter what.
?

Mace
05-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I was real aggravated at that first round. But heh, I love it too.

BidsJr
05-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Wth is this?

Scumbag College
05-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Gotta take chances. The Bills have blundered so many first round picks in the past, that if the front office is so enamored by Watkins that they give up next years first, then so be it. I'll take the chance of a future 1-15 season to roll the dice and maybe hit a home run rather than the same ol same ol.

RedEyE
05-10-2014, 09:32 PM
The offense may hinge on EJs performance on the field but lets not forget about the ****ty OC on the sideline. I have zero confidence in the offensive coordinator's abilities to string together this talent.

Novacane
05-10-2014, 09:35 PM

You mean TLewis?

The Popcorn
05-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Not when he's in Seattle... but don't panic.

Turf
05-10-2014, 10:19 PM
The offense may hinge on EJs performance on the field but lets not forget about the ****ty OC on the sideline. I have zero confidence in the offensive coordinator's abilities to string together this talent.

Ding ding ding! My biggest concern. If I see that same GD fake QB sweep hand off up the middle to Spiller every series we're doomed.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Should have kept the 5th and drafted Aaron Murray.

BertSquirtgum
05-10-2014, 10:40 PM

TJax is on the Seahawks.

Tatonka
05-11-2014, 01:06 AM
at 6'1" and 211 lbs, i dont think watkins is like percy harvin at all. other than being fast

Jan Reimers
05-11-2014, 04:05 AM
Why are so many of you so quick to write off EJ after one injury-shortened rookie season?

YardRat
05-11-2014, 05:53 AM
1. He was way overdrafted
2. There's nothing he does that's spectacular or even average.
3. Can't make up for his poor mechanics with smarts.
4. His one asset (athleticism) got him hurt last year.

1. Remains to be seen.
2. He plays well in pressure situations...consistently.
3. Can make up with coaching and practice.
4. That's a lesson every rookie QB needs to learn.

Night Train
05-11-2014, 05:55 AM
I like some of the anonymous quotes of other NFL executives I read yesterday, stating Whaley made some bold moves and better deliver...yada,yada,yada...Basically saying " my owner has my balls in a jar and I'm scared. I just wish to get a paycheck "

I think Whaley is very aware of what he did this off-season and is willing to do it again. I'm not sure about Manuel yet but when you surround him with a lot of talent, it's pretty exciting.

No more " I think we can compete " mindset. Now it's " We're here to win " . Now get to work on the field.

Don't Panic
05-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Wth is this?

Wow! Forgive me... drinking while posting. Corrected:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Don't Panic http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3945933#post3945933)
Here's the question... if he does happen to miss time, can Thad step in and perform at a high level with these surroundings at his disposal? If you say yes, we should be a 10 game winner no matter what.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2014, 06:06 AM
1. He was way overdrafted
2. There's nothing he does that's spectacular or even average.
3. Can't make up for his poor mechanics with smarts.
4. His one asset (athleticism) got him hurt last year.

You don't know **** when it comes to where players are drafted. It was about time QB was number one on their agenda and they made sure they got the guy they wanted. Let's give him more than one injured season. ****ing kid was a rookie.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2014, 06:13 AM
Ive been wrong?? You will see when all you haters are on ejs nuts soon

sudzy
05-11-2014, 06:20 AM
I love what they did with the OL. Henderson worries me though.

I'm not to worried about a 7th round pick. 1st round talent, worth a flyer. Basically, shape up or ship out. At least, if he wants to be good, he can be. Which is more then can be said for most 7th rounders.

sudzy
05-11-2014, 06:22 AM
ahh, the ol' "you'll see!"

I'm willing to bet you've made posts like this in the past, and we all know how those turned out.

Are you telling me that there were guys one this board that were insisting JP and Trent would be great QBs? I bet none of those guys would ever admit that now.

justasportsfan
05-11-2014, 06:47 AM
1. Remains to be seen.agree
2. He plays well in pressure situations...consistently.missing targets 5 yards out is a sign of panic or lack of composure
3. Can make up with coaching and practice.I hope
4. That's a lesson every rookie QB needs to learn.I hope