PDA

View Full Version : I like what Whaley's doing

Turf
05-10-2014, 09:54 PM
He's putting together some boys, a big ugly group of MF's with talented people and attitude and some nasty. This reeks of the old Pittsburgh regime and reeks of football. I'm liking it. We're really a QB and couple of players away at this point. EJ could be that guy, or he couldn't be. Time will tell, he needs to stay healthy.

psubills62
05-10-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm intrigued. Not fully optimistic yet, mostly because of QB, but seems they are on the right track in general. I don't agree with everything they do, but I definitely feel that this team is becoming more talented. Seeing a lot more guys with legit athletic ability on the roster than ~5 years ago. Also seeing fewer gaping holes on the roster.

I have a feeling next year's draft or FA will be focused on DL. I'm tired of switching defensive schemes all the time, and tired of having talented DL, but a mish-mash of 3-4 and 4-3 guys who don't quite fit with each other.

BuffaloRedleg
05-11-2014, 02:54 AM
I don't love going all in on EJ, but here we are.

At least there are no excuses. This is the year of EJ. I'm not confident but I haven't seen the team go all in like this since Bledsoe. It's a bit refreshing, but color me concerned.

SquishDaFish
05-11-2014, 06:17 AM
Ej is their guy that's what people need to realize. And rookies get more than one year to prove. You don't draft a rookie then throw then it after one season. He has his first off-season knowing the playbook and getting the rookie **** out the way and saw the speed of the game now he can prepare for this coming season WITH his team mates

YardRat
05-11-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm kinda liking the culture change thingie, not only with the roster but with the front office as well. Anybody that continues to insist this is the 'same ol' Bills' is either not paying attention or just plain ignorant.

alohabillsfan
05-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Going all in on EJ is a foolish (1) durability and (2) performance. I
Like the draft up until round 5 and that's where Whaley made the mistake, he should of got an insurance policy but his ego got in the way.

Mr. Miyagi
05-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Really? Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
Clearly not paying attention.

When was the last time we traded up for our first pick in the first round? Do you remember?

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 11:36 AM
McCargo and Whitner?...dunno.

better days
05-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Losman?

Show me results before I drink the kool-aid.

No matter the results, this front office is DIFFERENT than we have seen in the past.

Competing, taking risks instead of going the mediocre safe route.

stuckincincy
05-11-2014, 11:57 AM
No matter the results, this front office is DIFFERENT than we have seen in the past.

Competing, taking risks instead of going the mediocre safe route.

I agree.