• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Fred Jackson

If Dixon and Brown have impressive training camps, what are the odds Fred gets cut outright? Thoughts?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Fred Jackson

None. The Bills are more interested in Freddy than they are in Cj. In every chance Marrone got last year he praised Jackson. He's a workhorse who gets tough yards. He's the type of player coaches dream of. Also if he's let go… NE will pick him up in a second.

What has CJ done to keep his job?
    Last edited by The King; 05-12-2014, 02:59 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Anything's possible I suppose, but this is his last year as a Bill regardless.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
        • Sep 2004

I could see Spiller traded, and gone before Jackson.

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

no chance would they ever cut Jackson... plenty of teams would give up a pick for him. having said that, I can see the bill s moving Spiller for a Second round or maybe even a first round pick.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

A small but real chance. Freddie has been under appreciated by every OC and coach he's had as a Bill. I don't trust these guys to see, that despite being the oldest RB in the NFL, he's still the best on our roster.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by The King View Post
              None. The Bills are more interested in Freddy than they are in Cj. In every chance Marrone got last year he praised Jackson. He's a workhorse who gets tough yards. He's the type of player coaches dream of. Also if he's let go… NE will pick him up in a second.

What has CJ done to keep his job?
              CJ has been overrated since the day he was drafted.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                CJ has been overrated since the day he was drafted.
                I don't think he's over rated. The skills are there, the work ethic and focus are not. How many times can your try to kick it out and miss your hole?
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jaybird View Post
                  no chance would they ever cut Jackson... plenty of teams would give up a pick for him. having said that, I can see the bill s moving Spiller for a Second round or maybe even a first round pick.
                  ??? We got a 4th for Marshawn Lynch and you expect a 2nd, possibly a 1st for CJ? A 3rd would probably be the highest offer...

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Why do people want to get rid of the few decent players the Bills have? Is it just because there is a shiny unproven player on the roster with no history of performance?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Zero.

I like the Brown trade but Fred retires on his terms. He's still our horse until proven otherwise and Spiller may be in his final year .. while Fred sticks around longer.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

It wouldn't surprise me if either Spiller or Jackson was moved before the start of the season for likely a 2015 draft pick.

I'd guess that Spiller holds more trade value at this time, so I'd expect him to be moved more than Jackson but who knows.

I don't see any way or reason they head into the season with 4 running backs nor do I see them releasing Dixon so quickly.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          It wouldn't surprise me if either Spiller or Jackson was moved before the start of the season for likely a 2015 draft pick.

I'd guess that Spiller holds more trade value at this time, so I'd expect him to be moved more than Jackson but who knows.

I don't see any way or reason they head into the season with 4 running backs nor do I see them releasing Dixon so quickly.
                          Dixon will be lucky to make the team.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Chances are pretty good he will be let go if he is outperformed significantly.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Spiller can be replaced. Fred Jackson cannot be replaced. There is a layer of intangible you don't **** with in Jackson. If he shows up healthy and ready to go another season he's not going anywhere but up on the wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X